SiouxSports.com Forum

Bubba's Staff: Who's it gonna be?.......and when?

Siouxperfan777

Hoffner is a discipline guy, he will have something to prove. just the type of no-nonsense attitude und needs. he will poor he his heart and soul into the first job he gots, off of a tough ordeal. I know Todd personally. I hope he applies and gets the job.

Hoffner is a discipline guy, he will have something to prove. just the type of no-nonsense attitude und needs. he will poor he his heart and soul into the first job he gots, off of a tough ordeal. I know Todd personally. I hope he applies and gets the job.

Would really like to see him get a break.

You know him personally.....tell him to Apply!!! I mean...strongly encourage him to do so :-)

• Upvote 1

Yes, the open records laws apply to the assistant coach position(s) as well. It just takes someone to request the information.

You mean like someone that earns their living covering NDSU? Because a coaching search at UND has to affect things in Fargo, right?

I like Longo but why did he go from the OC at SIU (seems like a pretty good job), to the receivers coach and recruiting coordinator at Slippery Rock. That seems like a definite downgrade to me. I see that he is a New Jersey native so I guess maybe he wanted to be closer to home.

I like Longo but why did he go from the OC at SIU (seems like a pretty good job), to the receivers coach and recruiting coordinator at Slippery Rock. That seems like a definite downgrade to me. I see that he is a New Jersey native so I guess maybe he wanted to be closer to home.

He's OC at Slippery Rock now though.

http://rockathletics.com/coaches.aspx?path=&rc=438

I really hope Freund stays as QB coach.

I don't know enough about Hoffner to know if he'd be a good OC. I know he got Mankato on the right track. I know he got railroaded at Mankato. I hope he can get back into the coaching profession. If it happens here in some capacity, I'm all for it.

Lots of people seem to be assuming Schmidt will come here as DC. Who's to say he won't become DC at SIU? Same position, same money, doesn't have to move.

Just curious, why do you want him to stay as the QB coach? Many seem to want him gone mainly because our redshirt freshman QBs didn't put up heisman numbers. I'm just wondering why you think he should stay? I'm neutral on him. Great QB, don't know how he is as a coach.

I don't know enough about Hoffner to know if he'd be a good OC. I know he got Mankato on the right track. I know he got railroaded at Mankato. I hope he can get back into the coaching profession. If it happens here in some capacity, I'm all for it.

Lots of people seem to be assuming Schmidt will come here as DC. Who's to say he won't become DC at SIU? Same position, same money, doesn't have to move.

Ya but Lennon appears to be on a hot seat. He could immediately make a name by turning around our defense, and have a bit more job security.

Just curious, why do you want him to stay as the QB coach? Many seem to want him gone mainly because our redshirt freshman QBs didn't put up heisman numbers. I'm just wondering why you think he should stay? I'm neutral on him. Great QB, don't know how he is as a coach.

This was his first year as QB coach, he worked with running backs the last two years. I never expected either of our Freshman quarterbacks to tear up the Big Sky their first year on the field. I feel neither were great, but neither were horrible. What do expect from freshman who never knew from game to game who was going to start. Both have talent and a lot of upside.

I guess it is probably the "good ole boy" in me. Freund had a great career here. As a player, he wasn't the most physically gifted, but he was just so smart. Made great decisions and always knew what was going on. He is a coaches kid, so it is in his blood, he's been around it his whole life. He's from Wisconsin so that gives him a potentially important recruiting angle.

Just think he's a bright guy that could have some upside.

• Upvote 1

Lennon is a MVFC title away from job security. That could happen as soon as next year.

True that!

Lennon is currently in a unique spot. Won 7 games last year and finished in 2nd place behind the mighty Bison in the "vaunted" MVFC. SIU is a team that schedules very tough in the OOC season. He has the 2nd best winning percentage of any coach in the history of the program. If they miss the playoffs next season, I could see him getting the axe. At the same time, if they make the playoffs I could see him getting a nifty contract extension.