SiouxSports.com Forum

Bubba's Staff: Who's it gonna be?.......and when?

Siouxperfan777

So.... coaches, we've got the HC, OC, and DC. Guessing we'll stick with Baukol as strength coach. Appears Freund may be sticking around as QBs (he also got married recently, congrats to him on that). Rumors surrounding a Minot asst Rodgers for DBs. Perhaps Schmidt does LBs along with his DC responsibilities. Would like to see Lotyz back for OL, give that man a parking space. That leaves Special Teams, DL, WR, and RBs.

With what players? Wr's are gone, no secondary to speak of. With the players coming back, I don't see 2 wins on the schedule.

Saw Sparks tweeted this morning that he's moving to Cali... Everyone's leaving.

Sounds like a joke in reference to the cold.

With what players? Wr's are gone, no secondary to speak of. With the players coming back, I don't see 2 wins on the schedule.

Saw Sparks tweeted this morning that he's moving to Cali... Everyone's leaving.

Is he transferring, or is he just being funny because of how cold it is today?

So.... coaches, we've got the HC, OC, and DC. Guessing we'll stick with Baukol as strength coach.

Regarding the strength coach, Bubba has already said he's had a couple of visits with Baukol about the importance of the conditioning program. But after watching several FCS playoff games and many Big Sky teams the past two years, I'm just wondering if this is an area where we are lacking. Every saturday at the Alerus I raise my eyebrow because the opposition always looks bigger, leaner, stronger. Is the result of our off-season workouts, or the players we are recruiting? Combination?

P.J. Sparks@TheRealPJSparks Protected Tweets

L.a. bound. Uhaulin and moving to Cali

Didn't look like a joke....

Huh, as soon as he gets an opportunity to play he decides to leave. Seems odd. Saw he had a kid and got engaged, perhaps that played a role. Well hopefully Sharp sticks around.

Regarding the strength coach, Bubba has already said he's had a couple of visits with Baukol about the importance of the conditioning program. But after watching several FCS playoff games and many Big Sky teams the past two years, I'm just wondering if this is an area where we are lacking. Every saturday at the Alerus I raise my eyebrow because the opposition always looks bigger, leaner, stronger. Is the result of our off-season workouts, or the players we are recruiting? Combination?

This, very noticeable in the trenches. We can't train linemen the same way we train WR and DBS

I can't help but wonder what is the bigger factor in this mass exodus--the unreasonably long delay in hiring a coach, or Muss simply recruiting a lot of the wrong kids? I'm not sure we've ever seen the kind of roster overhaul in one year that we're apparently going to see from 2013 to 2014.

I'm not sure we've ever seen the kind of roster overhaul in one year that we're apparently going to see from 2013 to 2014.

After 3-8, an impending change in offensive and defensive philosophy, and "Dancing with the Stars: Sidelines Edition", is that bad?