SiouxSports.com Forum

Bubba's Staff: Who's it gonna be?.......and when?

Siouxperfan777

SU will sure have some IL recruiting contacts:

North Dakota State: Mike McFeely reports that Chris Klieman is likely to name Tim Polasek (Northern Illinois) offensive coordinator and Matt Entz (Western Illinois) defensive coordinator and that Randy Hedberg (Southern Illinois) could be the new quarterbacks coach. We have not confirmed...

Hearing from people inside Minot State that Rudolph has been offered the job and is expected to take the position. He will review the situation with his family and a decision is expected within the next day or two.

old news.

he will accept.

should have been hoffner.

at least hoffner rebuilt a program had had winning seasons.

i might be a little to lazy to look on past threads but what connection does bubba hae with rudolpf? have they ever coached together..

Rudolph's offenses were solid at St. Cloud. They always had a consistent running game that set up and effective passing attack. Could have been something that Bubba made note of over the years. He did mention in his press conference that he always kept a list of coaches he coached with or against over the years that he would like to get on his staff if given the opportunity.

old news.

he will accept.

should have been hoffner.

at least hoffner rebuilt a program had had winning seasons.

We shouldn't be comparing somebody's qualifications as OC based upon what they later did as head coaches. I suspect Rudolph would have done well in the NSIC with Mankato's resources, too. And Hoffner would have had all kinds of trouble trying to win at Minot. The fact of the matter is that Rudolph has a longer track record as a successful OC than does Hoffner. With that said, I think it would be great if Hoffner gets a shot as a position coach at UND.

That no DI stuff is bs. Bubba and Schmidt have DI FCS experience at SIU, and Rudolph is a long time DII coach that deserves to move up the ladder. I trust in Bubba's decision-making thus far. Rudolph will establish a nice running game emphasis with our stable of backs (Sparks, Garman, Sharp, and Varner).

gf, and how would Hoffner? He was at Mankato right? Why even say such things? I'm sure both can make that distinction.

And as far as that goes, Rudolphs DC left him late last year and went on to be the LB's coach at USD, so he had to bring in his kid after one year of Gaing at SIU. His team this year was lacking the talent, but then to have to hire DC in the late summer (basically his kid bailed him out)

puts them in a tough spot.

His teams played hard for him and never quit like we saw with our team this year. He also could of easily snuck out a couple more wins this past year, some real heart brakers for his team.

I'm sure Bubba talked with Tesh, and Thomas and they probably endorsed Rudolph.

Give the guy a chance, and what make you so certain on what makes a good coach or not?

agree Sioux fan

seems like we just had a bunch of d2 guys on staff

atleast bubbas been around d1 talent for a while

Rudolph wont have a clue what the diff between d1 and d2 talent is

schimdts been around d1 talent for a while.

I hope you were kidding when you said this. Do you seriously think a coach with as much experience and success like Rudolph, can't evaluate talent? I really don't think a coach recruits someone because he feels that player fits a D-1,2 or 3 level, he is trying to recruit the best possible athlete that he can get to come play for him that fits his system.

...establish a nice running game emphasis with our stable of backs (Sparks, Garman, Sharp, and Varner).

... recruit the best possible athlete ... that fits his system.

two things that could make a big difference for the SIoux going forward.

trench warriors are another key

I just talked with a friend of mine that has coached with or against and knows Rudolph, Bubba and Schmidt along with many other coaches across the midwest. He told me that UND might now have one of the best FCS staffs in the midwest. He had nothing but great things to say about all of them and feels that UND will soon have the upper hand in recruiting ND,SD and MN.

• Upvote 2

The more I read about Paul Rudolph, the more I like Bubba's choice. Paul took over as HC at upper Iowa. the program had 26 consecutive losing seasons. In 2 years turned around with a winning season. Many season records in offense over the following years. At St. Cloud, same results with offense. Many season records. Paul maybe an excellent choice for Bubba. Should be a good team.

DeBoer reportedly is going to be OC at Eastern Michigan. Who is going to be left at SIU next year? ??? And does this open the door for Muss to go to Carbondale (which saves UND buyout money)?

Exciting new challenge for former USF coach @KalenDeBoer, who has been named offensive coordinator at Eastern Michigan. #MACtion

— Stu Whitney (@stuwhitney)

January 1, 2014