SiouxSports.com Forum

World Juniors

AZSIOUX

87? I was thinking he played on the team that had the big brawl where they turned the lights out. Not sure though. Don't qoute me. Then again for some reason I keep thinking he played in a tourney in Switzerland.

Greg Johnson played in 1991, the year Lindros dominated in Saskatoon.

Lucia has done a fantastic job thus far with the group they have. Attack, attack, attack. Maybe I'm too used to watching UND trying to sit on a lead and chip pucks out and clog up lanes.

I like this team's chances. Obviously one more game in the group stage, but I think they'll win the group and play the likes of Russia in the semis.

• Upvote 2

Lucia has done a fantastic job thus far with the group they have. Attack, attack, attack. Maybe I'm too used to watching UND trying to sit on a lead and chip pucks out and clog up lanes.

I like this team's chances. Obviously one more game in the group stage, but I think they'll win the group and play the likes of Russia in the semis.

Agreed

Wiki says 2004 and 2011. Could just be how they label the years. But USCHO says Blais coached in 2012 so I will go with you on Sandelin coached 2005 and assisted in 2012.

Sandelin was definitely '05 at the Ralph. Some news outlet (I can't remember which one) just did a story about the ridiculous talent pool at that tournament, and Sandelin was a frequent interviewee.

Sandelin was definitely '05 at the Ralph. Some news outlet (I can't remember which one) just did a story about the ridiculous talent pool at that tournament, and Sandelin was a frequent interviewee.

Without a doubt that might have been the most talent the tournament has ever seen. Look at the rosters for all of those teams and then look at current NHL rosters.

Here's team Canada:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_World_Junior_Ice_Hockey_Championships_rosters

Good grief...that whole tournament was loaded with NHL talent.

Only way it will ever be that good again is another NHL lockout. If the NHL season was in session I think it's safe to say half of team Canada would not have played in that tournament.

I was offered $1000 for my one ticket by multiple Canadians without tickets at the Betty just prior to the championship game. No way I was going to miss that game though.

Finland beats Russia 3-1, looks like Sweden might be the team to beat...big games tomorrow with Russia playing Sweden and the US playing Canada.

Slovakia could give Canada a game today too in about an hour.

Holy buckets...this tournament is wide open.

I'm feeling under the weather today...might have to take a sick day tomorrow.

Holy buckets...this tournament is wide open.

I'm feeling under the weather today...might have to take a sick day tomorrow.

Let's practice... *cough* *cough*...yeah, I think I *cough* better *cough* stay *cough* home today...*cough* cough*...(cue sound of hockey game in the background)