SiouxSports.com Forum

"Get on Your Feet"-Stay or Go?

yababy8

Get on your feet and vote  

82 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the "Get on your feet" song?

• Love the tune- It's a great song for the Sioux
    • I watch the games on Midco but don't have opinion about the song
    • The song is not good and Midco should stop using it
    • I really can't stand the song and am annoyed every time I have to hear it

Get rid of it. Terrible song. And if you're going to do a video shoot of a band "playing" the song, get people who at the very least know how to hold an instrument. As a musician, there's nothing worse than seeing people getting paid to pretend to be musicians.

• Upvote 1

Get rid of it. Terrible song. And if you're going to do a video shoot of a band "playing" the song, get people who at the very least know how to hold an instrument. As a musician, there's nothing worse than seeing people getting paid to pretend to be musicians.

You mean that isn't a live performance? :)

Also as a musician, I agree 100%.

• Upvote 1

I haven't played an instrument since the drums in Junior High band so I have zero expertise in the matter but you have got to be talking about the female holding the guitar and moving around like some pretend musician in a Disney channel after school show about the battle of the bands 13 yr old division.

• Upvote 2

I'm so glad to see that others hate this song as much as I do. I've actually been making a mad dash for the mute button every time I hear it come on. It's a good attempt, but at the end of the day the song and genre doesn't represent UND hockey. I would love to see Midco drop it for something more ESPNish.

• Upvote 1

I haven't played an instrument since the drums in Junior High band so I have zero expertise in the matter but you have got to be talking about the female holding the guitar and moving around like some pretend musician in a Disney channel after school show about the battle of the bands 13 yr old division.

That's exactly who I'm talking about. I believe she's pretending to play bass, which is my main gig, so maybe that's why I have such a problem with it. Regardless of the video, the song sucks and needs to be redone.

Also, Midco needs to stop playing their music during pregame or halftime of events while Hammer and Co. are talking. I was watching the Sioux/Bison men's basketball game on tv and during halftime the talking heads were doing their thing, with the Midco music in the background, the basketball band playing in the background, and crowd noise being picked up. There was so much noise going on at the same time it was incredibly distracting. Anyway...

I'm so glad to see that others hate this song as much as I do. I've actually been making a mad dash for the mute button every time I hear it come on. It's a good attempt, but at the end of the day the song and genre doesn't represent UND hockey. I would love to see Midco drop it for something more ESPNish.

Such wisdom you have. I have been hitting mute on the computer feed also. Lets get a real quality UND song written, prefer with some real rock. It is even worse then the NFL song Monday night before the ESPN game.