SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs Northern Colorado

Cratter

If there is a new coaching staff in place next year, I'd think both Mollberg & Bartles start w/ a clean slate & it is an open competition going forward. Also depends on Offensive scheme that a new staff would run.

But I'm sure the new staff will see that Bartles is better than Mollberg, just the way everyone else can see it. IMO Bartles is head and shoulders above Mollberg

I've never understood why sacks count against rushing yards and not passing yards. Seems to me that a sack should count against a team's passing yards but not the qb's individual passing yards.

I find it odd how it counts against rushing yards in college but not the NFL.

Look at who is the last-ranked team in all of dI college football: http://realtimerpi.c.../ncaaf_Men.html

While I'm very happy for the seniors to finish with a win at home, it's pretty scary how close UND came to losing to this team.

But its scary that our wins were against # 243, 244, and #252. We are ranked #219.

That list is a joke NDSU is ranked 70th behind K State and other teams they would beat. Northern Colorado is not worse than Grambling or Savanah St.

I don't think there's much question UNC isn't actually the worst team, even though they have no dI wins. But among scholarship programs, they're probably very near the bottom. I think Weber might be worse. Regardless, we're struggling to beat some of the bottom teams, and that in and of itself is quite disappointing.

• Upvote 3

Northern Colorado is terrible.....but they're better than Valpo. And I mean a lot better than Valpo.

valpo really is unbelievably bad. They have been blown out regularly in pioneer league conference play. They lost twice to BAD d2 teams from a d2 basketball conference that only started football last year.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2674/valparaiso-crusaders

Nope. The scholarship reductions are to begin with the 2014 season. The NCAA has since reduced the scholarship penalties.

As originally imposed, the four year reduction of grants-in-aid began with this season - from 25 to 15. The four year reduction in total grants-in-aid allowed was to begin next season (from 85 to 65). Yes, this is before the penalties were revised. Essentially, we're talking about the same thing - only there are two different sets of four-year periods that the NCAA imposed.

http://www.ncaa.org/...2/july/21207232

With PSU players allowed to transfer with no penalty and blue-chip kids (with a couple of exceptions) not even giving PSU a look, the Nittany Lions played Minnesota with only 61 recruited scholarship players in the line-up along with 40 walk-ons. This despite the number not being officially reduced to 65 until next season. You're kidding yourself if you think that doesn't handcuff them against a full-scholarship line-up like the Gophers had. If you view Minnesota winning at home against Penn State as an upset this season, you obviously haven't been paying attention to college football over the past two seasons.

Now, back on topic, UND is closer to UNC in terms of D-1 football transition even though it would prefer to think it is closer to NDSU...for those in the 'Fire Muss' camp, I'm not sure Saturday's win is good news...

I followed the team to St. Cloud a few years back. Thought it was strange the way they only have seating on one side of the stadium there. I never would have guessed that you could fit all the fans at a North Dakota football game on one side of the stands. You could have against UNC......................

I followed the team to St. Cloud a few years back. Thought it was strange the way they only have seating on one side of the stadium there. I never would have guessed that you could fit all the fans at a North Dakota football game on one side of the stands. You could have against UNC......................

They should start doing that at the Al during televised games on the camera facing side to give the illusion the place is full. What the camera shows during those televised games is embarrassing.
  • Upvote 1

UC Davis, Cal Poly and Sac State all have reduced attendance this year, probably due to the less than stellar on-field results. Of the teams that moved up about the same time, I think UNC has suffered the most. UC Davis and North Dakota are about in the same boat. The Bison are a different story, but they did have at least one terrible year. South Dakota State has made progress and South Dakota is starting to make some noise. The Big Sky is a tough conference and to move into the top 3 or 4 takes time. The Aggies have started the process by getting a new coach this year with FBS experience and our rushing game (a traditional weak point) has improved tremendously.

UC Davis, Cal Poly and Sac State all have reduced attendance this year, probably due to the less than stellar on-field results. Of the teams that moved up about the same time, I think UNC has suffered the most. UC Davis and North Dakota are about in the same boat. The Bison are a different story, but they did have at least one terrible year. South Dakota State has made progress and South Dakota is starting to make some noise. The Big Sky is a tough conference and to move into the top 3 or 4 takes time. The Aggies have started the process by getting a new coach this year with FBS experience and our rushing game (a traditional weak point) has improved tremendously.

Then you are in for a treat on Saturday.
  • Upvote 2

That list is a joke NDSU is ranked 70th behind K State and other teams they would beat. Northern Colorado is not worse than Grambling or Savanah St.

Since you know your football much better than I do a question for you. Which teams do you think NDSU could beat. Another question is how high of a ranking do you think they should have?