SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO

AZSIOUX

Colten out for a while per brad

@SchlossmanGF: Colten St. Clair expected to be out until roughly Christmas with left leg injury sustained vs. SCSU.

Ouch, that didn't look good when he went off of the ice on Saturday night.

Since you have seen UNO what do you expect this weekend?

Just one man's opinion but, because of UNO's wide open style, that should hopefully create opportunities for UND offensively. UNO has been taking a lot of penalties but unless UND can capitalize on their pp opportunities, that won't matter. UNO will come out Friday with a lot of confidence having picked up their first ever wins at DU. How will North Dakota respond to their less than stellar home series against St. Cloud?

Any get togethers in Omaha this weekend? I am coming out from Denver

I'm also coming from Denver. I'm guessing that Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning flights are going to be pretty full with Sioux fans.

I recommend going to the Old Market area after the games. I've been to the Dubliner (downstairs Irish bar) every time I've been in town and it's always fun. The coaches and some of the UND staff have come out for post-game drinks as well. It's a chance for everyone to tell Hakstol why his system sucks and tell Hajdu how much you hate the TV deal :p

Here's what the Alumni Assoc says about get togethers. Although, if you're looking for a pre-game drink I wouldn't go there. It's always ridiculously packed with Sioux fans and it takes 15 minutes to get a drink. It's a fun place to go if you've already had a few and just want to chat it up with other sioux fans.

09: UND Men's Hockey vs. Nebraska- Omaha Alumni Pregame Social

The Old Mattress Factory Bar & Grill | 501 N. 13th Street, Omaha (Walking distance to the arena)

5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (7:07 p.m. game time)

Food and beverages will be available for purchase.

Ummm.....bump.

Seems like things are a bit in glass half empty category for UND hockey. But I'm glad that they play a team like UNO that allows for a bit of run and gun hockey. Funny how when Hak's teams seem to be on the mat at some point in time in the season they put together a good performance to catch everyone's attention. I'll say a split. Tough loss on Saturday, regroup and win on Sunday.

Wilbur's Keys:

~Zane keeping up his stellar play against UNO

~Replacing St. Clair on the energy line. Paging Derek Rodwell.....Rodwell......Rodwell......

~Defensive breakdowns. Just about every St. Cloud goal was a direct result of a UND mistake in coverage. Make UNO earn every goal.

~3rd year guys.....I'm talking about you: Rocco, Mike, Mark, Brendan, Nick, Steph. If those guys are invisible UND loses. They are the core of the team, and whether they like it or not a lot of UND's success depends on them.

Split:

UNO 3 UND 2

UND 5 UNO 1

Ummm.....bump.

Seems like things are a bit in glass half empty category for UND hockey. But I'm glad that they play a team like UNO that allows for a bit of run and gun hockey. Funny how when Hak's teams seem to be on the mat at some point in time in the season they put together a good performance to catch everyone's attention. I'll say a split. Tough loss on Saturday, regroup and win on Sunday.

Wilbur's Keys:

~Zane keeping up his stellar play against UNO

~Replacing St. Clair on the energy line. Paging Derek Rodwell.....Rodwell......Rodwell......

~Defensive breakdowns. Just about every St. Cloud goal was a direct result of a UND mistake in coverage. Make UNO earn every goal.

~3rd year guys.....I'm talking about you: Rocco, Mike, Mark, Brendan, Nick, Steph. If those guys are invisible UND loses. They are the core of the team, and whether they like it or not a lot of UND's success depends on them.

Split:

UNO 3 UND 2

UND 5 UNO 1

Anyone who read last Friday's game thread would see that I was really frustrated with what I saw from the team that night. Defensively, this team has displayed coverage breakdowns and a lack of tenacity in their own zone. If that is not fixed, they will struggle to win ANY games this year. Hopefully, three straight losses and the first sweep at home in years has gotten their attention?

PS - if Rocco and Mark Mac don't start scoring, UND is going to be in big trouble. Need the defensemen to get pucks on net, too.

Injury Ninja has struck...

@UNDMHockey: UND will be without forwards Colten St. Clair, Brendan O'Donnell and Adam Tambellini this weekend at Nebraska Omaha

@UNDMHockey: St. Clair is out 4-6 weeks with a lower body injury. O'Donnell and Tambellini are week to week with undisclosed injuries.

Just what we don't need right now. :sad:

I'm not saying that three are the reason by any means of the three game slump but maybe having some different bodies in there will produce some different results. this does put an even bigger emphasis on the upperclassmen having to start scoring.