SiouxSports.com Forum

Alerus Center Replays

BigGame

• 1 month later...

The new video boards at the Alerus Center are very very nice!!

Go UND!

yeah from i heard they are nice but when you spend a couple of millions of dollars you would think that the view of them wouldn't obstructed to at least 20% (i was one of the 20 percent) of the seats in the house by either ncc title pennants (maybe take em down and consolidate them to one larger banner somewhere) or large plastic room dividers that on the north ide hang right IN FRONT OF THE TOP OF THE SCREEN???!!...plus if your gonna have static adverstising of the five white guys at the herald you could have saved the money and just have printed off their faces on a mac printer instead of a very nice hd screen...i think those four side boards only switched for ten seconds when mcgill scored his td and then right back the white guys..

what a joke

yeah from i heard they are nice but when you spend a couple of millions of dollars you would think that the view of them wouldn't obstructed to at least 20% (i was one of the 20 percent) of the seats in the house by either ncc title pennants (maybe take em down and consolidate them to one larger banner somewhere) or large plastic room dividers that on the north ide hang right IN FRONT OF THE TOP OF THE SCREEN???!!...plus if your gonna have static adverstising of the five white guys at the herald you could have saved the money and just have printed off their faces on a mac printer instead of a very nice hd screen...i think those four side boards only switched for ten seconds when mcgill scored his td and then right back the white guys..

what a joke

There are no obstructions to the video boards that i noticed, and i was in the upper deck.

There are no obstructions to the video boards that i noticed, and i was in the upper deck.

all the way to the top...sec 217...i would say the top five to ten rows would have obstructed views with all the crap hanging in the way...also why have stupid in game scores always on the board and the und logo and the next home game always there...if your gonna have a big screen use the whole damn thing...99 percent of all peple at the game have a smart phone that can tell them scores and when the next home game is...but this is the alerus center again

all the way to the top...sec 217...i would say the top five to ten rows would have obstructed views with all the crap hanging in the way...also why have stupid in game scores always on the board and the und logo and the next home game always there...if your gonna have a big screen use the whole damn thing...99 percent of all peple at the game have a smart phone that can tell them scores and when the next home game is...but this is the alerus center again

Don't agree. I liked the format. Like the advertising the next game to the casual fans and I like not having to check my phone for scores.

Don't agree. I liked the format. Like the advertising the next game to the casual fans and I like not having to check my phone for scores.

They should use one of the side boards for that.  After about an hour, most people realize who we are going to play next week.  

i will snap a pic two weeks from now to show how badly the pennants are in the way not to mention the garbage bags hanging from the roof....ill maybe give ya the scores but wouldn't it be a little easier for the casual fan to go full screen from time to time and that shows the full Montana 12 central washington 9 instead of um/cwu...bet a few fans have no idea what two teams those initials stand for?  but do they really need to have the next home game up there the WHOLE GAME? the only time a said wow was when mcgill scored his td and that last five to ten seconds before the advertising came back up?

• Upvote 1

i will snap a pic two weeks from now to show how badly the pennants are in the way not to mention the garbage bags hanging from the roof....ill maybe give ya the scores but wouldn't it be a little easier for the casual fan to go full screen from time to time and that shows the full Montana 12 central washington 9 instead of um/cwu...bet a few fans have no idea what two teams those initials stand for?  but do they really need to have the next home game up there the WHOLE GAME? the only time a said wow was when mcgill scored his td and that last five to ten seconds before the advertising came back up?

Was the ice cream you bought from the concession stand too cold too?   bitch bitch bitch...that's all some people do!   How about you pop for a couple extra bucks and buy a seat NOT in the BOB EUKER section.  Seems like there were plenty of "good seats available" on that side of the arena.

• Upvote 1

Was the ice cream you bought from the concession stand too cold too?   bitch bitch bitch...that's all some people do!   How about you pop for a couple extra bucks and buy a seat NOT in the BOB EUKER section.  Seems like there were plenty of "good seats available" on that side of the arena.

i prefer to sit up higher but if and when the aurora gets filled and people that paid decent prices for those seats can't see our new million dollar video boards maybe someone over there might do something about it

i just seems like they can't do the little things right over there....the uninspired turf design, the sound system, those ridiculous videos of the players jumping around trying to get the crowd riled up from a couple of years ago and now the obstructed video boards...they just can't seem to get it right to save their life

i prefer to sit up higher but if and when the aurora gets filled and people that paid decent prices for those seats can't see our new million dollar video boards maybe someone over there might do something about it

i just seems like they can't do the little things right over there....the uninspired turf design, the sound system, those ridiculous videos of the players jumping around trying to get the crowd riled up from a couple of years ago and now the obstructed video boards...they just can't seem to get it right to save their life

Maybe you should write a letter to the ALERUS Center with your grievances.  Better off that airing them here where no one pays attention to them.  (btw you ARE old school if you remember the name as the AURORA - I actually have an old t-shirt with that name on it from when the event center was first approved so I have no problem with complainers but the banners should stay and the "garbage bags" on the upper roof are actually sound baffles that (theoretically) help the acoustics in the Al.  I actually agree the PA sounds terrible so again, that direct letter or complaint to the ALERUS, would probably go farther.  good luck!

probably shouldn't have to email the people at the alerus...you would think that they would have sat in different areas of the arena and said yeah these few hundred seats can't see the new video boards....and yes i know the diffrence btw sound tiles and garbage bags...the garbage bags for lack of a better term are what are dropped down from the roof to separate the arena when its configured for bball or concerts and what not...not only are the banners blocking the view but those garbage bags are too

and if you think an email is gonna change anything over there your mistaken...they had a second chance to get the turf right and they airballed that a second time yet the ndac and usd could get it right the first time...

Hey SiouxFan97

I f'ing busted my ass for those "garbage bags."

I like the banners honoring the conference and national championship we have won in the past.

Deal with it.

Speaking of that, I don't like the placement of the GWFC championship banner. Why over the inflatable helmet and not on the other side of the field hanging from the rafters?

Speaking of that, I don't like the placement of the GWFC championship banner. Why over the inflatable helmet and not on the other side of the field hanging from the rafters?

Speaking of inflatable helmet, what the heck happened to that yesterday. They deflated it right before the players could enter through it…

and if you think an email is gonna change anything over there your mistaken...they had a second chance to get the turf right and they airballed that a second time yet the ndac and usd could get it right the first time...

NDSU had to replace their turf after a year too, but cool story, bro