SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

Oh the horror! On the off-chance that UND would qualify for the playoffs in our lifetime, they would have to play on the road?

I hope you are being hyperbolic on purpose, because not being able to host playoff games in FB would be a huge turnoff for recruits and coaches. How many FCS titles would NDSU have if they were barred from hosting playoff games?

Again, my thoughts are this...

- Faison's supposed replacement list was small in both quantity and quality

- Had NDSU not retained an Assistant Coach for their opening, they would never have put up with this crap for a hiring process

- Everyone knew by the fifth loss that we were in trouble and it was going to be someone's job, hence no excuse for this type of outcome

- Huge tactical error by the AD not assigning someone to communicate with the football team and ensure their questions and concerns were being answered...end result is we have a mass exodus of players of quality and eligibility

- Still trying to understand why we were regional when we said we were going national; communication error or planned from the get go?

• Upvote 2

2014 schedule:

@ San Jose St 6-6

vs Robert Morris 5-6

@ Missouri St 5-7

vs Stony Brook 5-6

@ Montana St 7-5

vs Montana 10-3

vs PSU 6-6

@ SUU 8-5

@ EWU 12-2 (currently)

vs WSU 2-10

VS NAU 9-3

@ UNC 1-11

Total: 76-70 .521

Schedule is a lot softer than last season.

Well, whoever is our coach is gonna be in for a rough first season. We lacked talent before and now with Galloday and Jackson transferring we will officially suck even more.

We don't know this for sure...a solid offensive and defensive line will go a lot further than a couple talented receivers.

2014 schedule:

@ San Jose St 6-6

vs Robert Morris 5-6

@ Missouri St 5-7

vs Stony Brook 5-6

@ Montana St 7-5

vs Montana 10-3

vs PSU 6-6

@ SUU 8-5

@ EWU 12-2 (currently)

vs WSU 2-10

VS NAU 9-3

@ UNC 1-11

I see six losses on there.

We don't know this for sure...a solid offensive and defensive line will go a lot further than a couple talented receivers.

Our passing was bad, we also had to rushing, then our defense was crap. Losing a WR or two is not going to hurt the team that is already hurting. Like you said we need an OL just to improve our offense and a DL to get sacks and TFL's which UND was ranked (106, and 111 out of 122 teams).

I understand the egos and ect... But what's your point? BF reached out to a coach WITH a job in DeBoer but couldn't do the same with Caruso to gage his interest?

My point is Caruso wasn't calling UND, he needed to be called. When BF decided he wasn't going to do that - game over. For whatever reason, BF does not like Caruso. No idea why.

Oh the horror! On the off-chance that UND would qualify for the playoffs in our lifetime, they would have to play on the road?

Off-chance in our lifetime? Hope that was said sarcastically. At minimum the top 2 if not 3 and some years 4 teams from the Big Sky make the playoffs.

My point is Caruso wasn't calling UND, he needed to be called. When BF decided he wasn't going to do that - game over. For whatever reason, BF does not like Caruso. No idea why.

Well this is the bed BF has made with either one of these 2. I hope it works out but other than axing Pflu from the list I question his due diligence in this whole process.

The hiring of a head coach in any sport at a D1 university starts and stops with the AD. Not going to post a poll but on a scale of 1-10: (1 being dismal and 10 amazing)...how would rate BF's performance in this HC hiring process? Just curious........

The hiring of a head coach in any sport at a D1 university starts and stops with the AD. Not going to post a poll but on a scale of 1-10: (1 being dismal and 10 amazing)...how would rate BF's performance in this HC hiring process? Just curious........

1... Beyond frustrated

I say 5. Ask this question after the Northern Colorado game and let's see how it changes.

Yeah, but I'm not sure we have either one of those either! :sad:

I know but my thought is that losing a couple talented receivers should take a back seat to building the team from the lines out. This is where the new coach should begin. I am okay with a couple years of boring grind it out football if that is what it takes.

Without knowing many details of what is actually happening? I'd say a 1!

Outwardly, it appears this way to fans, recruits, and CURRENT PLAYERS, that is all that matters. Perception is Reality.

• Upvote 1

2014 schedule:

@ San Jose St 6-6 L

vs Robert Morris 5-6 W

@ Missouri St 5-7 L

vs Stony Brook 5-6 W

@ Montana St 7-5 L

vs Montana 10-3 L

vs PSU 6-6 L

@ SUU 8-5 L

@ EWU 12-2 (currently) L

vs WSU 2-10 W

VS NAU 9-3 L

@ UNC 1-11 W

Currently seeing 4-8...which will likely change at the beginning of next season...

UNC is the last game of the 2014 season, if we win more than 3 games its an improvement, if we go 3-9 or worse than we are stuck in Muss 2.0

I will measure the season's success on how the team plays versus the W-L record next year. I don't think we will have a very good record, but that won't be my measuring stick. My measuring stick will include seeing if our players improve at the fundamentals, have a good attitude, and get better as the season goes on, then I will be happy....whatever the record is.

Edit: Should add that I hope to see a decrease in penalties/Personal Fouls although that could fall under fundamentals as well...

• Upvote 2

Even if we go 1-11 in 2014, I won't say it's a failure by Bubba/DeBoer. He gets 4 years minimum from me to get us to an 8-4 or 7-4 season. My only hope for next year is we finish better than we start and don't quit when we fall behind. I expect most teams to have more talent than us next year, but they better not have more heart.

All of this has got me thinking of a new nickname for our sports teams. With our football (Sioux Falls), MBB (Mayville St), and soccer (winless) teams all having hit rock bottom in recent years, I believe all of them are on/soon to be entering a path back to the promised land. MBB should do well this year, Soccer hired a new coach who seems like a good one and got their first win in years, and football will be hiring a new coach and washing away the Muss stain. Volleyball and Women's Hockey have risen from the ashes to become great teams and Men's Hockey rises from the ashes nearly every year to make a tournament run. I present to you the University of North Dakota Phoenix!

2ad54834.jpg

Make the yellow/orange Kelly green.