SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

DEADLINE: December 10, 2013 Applications received by initial deadline will have first consideration. Position open until filled

December 10 is the last day of the minimum period of time that UND is required to have the listing posted. They can continue to accept applications after the 10th.

Good. Then that "deadline" is, as a practical matter, meaningless.

Now I can just pay attention when the list of finalist interviews is announced.

Good. Then that "deadline" is, as a practical matter, meaningless.

Now I can just pay attention when the list of finalist interviews is announced.

I would bet they hire someone pretty quickly after the 10th though, just for the sake of recruiting, unless they really don't have anybody they want, which seems unlikely with the amount of apps coming in.

Here's the thoughts from the Griz fans...

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65128

Sounds like he's really respected by the Griz faithful. In contrast, Montana State fans think Jamie Marshall is a joke. I would have to now say Pflugrad is the new #1 candidate on the list. Of course, I haven't looked at the updated list which the Herald will post later tonight.

What kind of offense and defense did he run while in Missoula?

Offense was a up-tempo spread option offense (see Oregon's current offense - Pflugrad was WR coach when Chip Kelly was offensive coordinator) ; would fit Joe Mollberg and Kenny Golladay very well.

Defense would be dependent on defensive coordinator hired but likely would be 4-3 pressure defense.

Offense was a up-tempo spread option offense (see Oregon's current offense - Pflugrad was WR coach when Chip Kelly was offensive coordinator) ; would fit Joe Mollberg and Kenny Golladay very well.

Defense would be dependent on defensive coordinator hired but likely would be 4-3 pressure defense.

This is exactly right, he loves the fast-paced spread option, it would take a while to get used to and he would recruit his QB accordingly, but it is fun when the pieces are in place.

He ran a 4-3 defense at Montana, I assume he would stick with that.

Sounds like he's really respected by the Griz faithful. In contrast, Montana State fans think Jamie Marshall is a joke. I would have to now say Pflugrad is the new #1 candidate on the list.

I wouldn't put too much stock in what message board posters like us have to say. A quick search of Egriz circa 2010 will reveal a ton of threads throwing Pflugrad under the bus.

Pflugrad easily has the best resume of the guys that we know who have applied. He should definately get a serious look, and I'm sure will. I'm still also intrigued by Marshall and Dewitt because they've had alot of coordinator experience at high level FCS teams, and because they would both be familiar with UND's traditional recruiting grounds.

Anyone else surprised that such an expert of FCS football does not recognize the name?

From a UND grad at that. I suppose it's easier to pretend that you don't know about someone than to acknowledge that UND could actually hire someone that could turn things around. Or else the comment in the article on Pfulgrad concerning "free legal assistance" has him all flustered.

Here is the Herald article and the updated list:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/279497/group/homepage/

Application list

Here is the full list of applicants for the UND football job, as of late Tuesday afternoon:

• Anthoney Hill, assistant coach with Colorado Ice indoor football team.

• Robin Pflugrad, offensive coordinator, Weber State, former Montana coach.

• Michael Markusson, former assistant coach at Northeast Mississippi Community College.

• Andrew Jordan, former assistant coach at Earlham (Ind.) College.

• Lawrence Cole, head coach at Wilcox Central High School, Camden, Ala.

• Bob Connelly, former assistant at Arizona State; former associate head coach UTEP; former assistant at UCLA.

• Brian Bottenfield, Client Liaison, Aetna, Plymouth, Minn.

• Lacy McBeath, teacher/coach, Neshoba County School District, Philadelphia, Miss.

• Maurice Drayton, former assistant at Southern Mississippi.

• Jake Moreland, assistant coach, Air Force.

• Robert Keys, head coach, University of Findlay, Ohio.

• Stephen Settle, football coach, Tombstone School District, Huachuca City, Ariz.

• Nicholas Calcutta, assistant head football coach, Delaware State.

• Kenneth Knapczyk, head coach East Ridge High School, Clermont, Fla.

• Efrain Martinez, head coach, Los Angeles Community College.

• Louis Esposito, defensive coordinator, Ferris State.

• Dale Carlson, former head coach at Valparaiso, which lost to UND this season.

• Larry Willis, South Carolina Sports Radio Network analyst.

• Robin Ross, Wyoming special teams coordinator/linebackers coach; former head coach at Western Washington.

• David Taynor, head coach at Urbana (Ohio) University.

• Nick Garrett, passing game coordinator/QBs at Western New Mexico University.

• Marcus Patton, defensive coordinator at Fairmont State University, W.Va.

• Alex Pateras, assistant coach at Ventura High School, Calif.

• Camm Richmond, last position, teacher at Mechanicsburg High School, Pa.

• Steven Smith, offensive coordinator at Albany (Ga.) State University.

• Seth Wallace, defensive coordinator at Valdosta State, Ga.

• Nicholas Siciliano, last position, offensive assistant coach with Cincinnati Bengals.

• Jamie Marshall, assistant head coach/defensive coordinator at Montana State of the Big Sky Conference.

• Robert Ianello, wide receivers coach/recruiting coordinator at University of Kansas of the Big 12. He was also the interim head coach at Notre Dame in 2009.

• Eric Young, head coach at New Mexico Highlands University.

• Robert Lancaster, former defensive coordinator at Catawba College in Salisbury, N.C.

• Ryan Held, head coach at Highland Community College, Kansas.

• Lane Powell, assistant coach at Alcorn State University, Miss.

• Jovan Dewitt, defensive coordinator, Florida Atlantic, Division I FBS program.

• Douglas Madoski, head coach Scottsdale (Ariz.) Community College.

• Daren Wilkinson, offensive coordinator, Colorado State-Pueblo.

• Charles Coe, offensive coordinator, Missouri Baptist.

• Michael Kelly, former head coach of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the CFL.

• Damian Mincey, former assistant coach at Massachusetts

• Mario Felix, running backs coach at Mid-America Nazarene.

No.....it is from a private donor that ponied up the cash to see Christensen's ass run out of the state......

I"ve been reading posts on Wyonation. There is talk there of Bohl going to UW. I doubt it. As much as I'd like to see him go to dear ol' UW, I think Bohl could punch a ticket at an FCS school if (more like when...) the AC wins their third straight FCS title.

Application list

• Anthoney Hill, assistant coach with Colorado Ice indoor football team.

• Michael Markusson, former assistant coach at Northeast Mississippi Community College.

• Andrew Jordan, former assistant coach at Earlham (Ind.) College.

• Lawrence Cole, head coach at Wilcox Central High School, Camden, Ala.

• Bob Connelly, former assistant at Arizona State; former associate head coach UTEP; former assistant at UCLA.

• Brian Bottenfield, Client Liaison, Aetna, Plymouth, Minn.

• Lacy McBeath, teacher/coach, Neshoba County School District, Philadelphia, Miss.

• Maurice Drayton, former assistant at Southern Mississippi.

• Jake Moreland, assistant coach, Air Force.

• Robert Keys, head coach, University of Findlay, Ohio.

• Stephen Settle, football coach, Tombstone School District, Huachuca City, Ariz.

• Nicholas Calcutta, assistant head football coach, Delaware State.

• Kenneth Knapczyk, head coach East Ridge High School, Clermont, Fla.

• Efrain Martinez, head coach, Los Angeles Community College.

• Louis Esposito, defensive coordinator, Ferris State.

Not sure he's a great candidate or would be a good fit, but this Connelly guy has been all over FBS. OC at UTEP, and OL Coach at Arizona St., UCLA, Alabama, and Washington St. He's made the rounds at some big schools.

Bio

@1500ESPN_Reusse: My text earlier to Glenn Caruso: "Caruso to North Dakota? That's the rumor I'm hearing.'' No response as of yet. #imjustsaying

I did notice that St. Thomas is looking to open a position for OC. I believe Caruso was HC/OC at St. Thomas. Maybe some foreshadowing???

I really have no idea, just speculating...

Of the 41 applications that have come in, my guess would be that the following six are the only ones that haven't made it to Faison's garbage can. I'm thinking these six meet the qualifications. Pflugrad, Marshall, and Dewitt are probably the only ones that Faison is considering taking the time to have a conversation with.

• Jamie Marshall, assistant head coach/defensive coordinator at Montana State of the Big Sky Conference.

• Jovan Dewitt, defensive coordinator, Florida Atlantic, Division I FBS program.

• Robert Ianello, wide receivers coach/recruiting coordinator at University of Kansas of the Big 12. He was also the interim head coach at Notre Dame in 2009.

• Robin Ross, Wyoming special teams coordinator/linebackers coach; former head coach at Western Washington.

Or, maybe all 41 apps are in the trash, and Faison is waiting until next Tuesday to announce that there are two finalists: Tibesar and Bollinger. :hypocrite:

Of the 41 applications that have come in, my guess would be that the following six are the only ones that haven't made it to Faison's garbage can. I'm thinking these six meet the qualifications. Pflugrad, Marshall, and Dewitt are probably the only ones that Faison is considering taking the time to have a conversation with.

Or, maybe all 41 apps are in the trash, and Faison is waiting until next Tuesday to announce that there are two finalists: Tibesar and Bollinger. :hypocrite:

Faison may not have seen most of those applications. The normal process at UND is that the applications are screened by HR before going to the department. If they don't meet the minimum requirements for the position then they don't get passed along. Beyond that it is up to the department to decide what they want to see. They could get all that meet the minimum, or they could be limited base on how well they meet the standards. I would guess that Mr. Faison will see all of those that at least meet the minimum requirements.