SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

I was just repeating the word I had heard. We shall see how it goes. The Final Five took years for it to gain the steam that it had.

In order for this tourney to be anywhere close to the attendance of the final 5 HAD, every school involved will need to send many many more fans than they ever sent to the final 5.

Maybe Bidco meant to say only a couple thousand lower bowl tickets left. If these tickets are not part of the rodent season ticket package, which is easy to believe they are not, that means at best the rodents will sell maybe 5K.

I think even the biggest Gopher-haters among us know that the X will have 10,000+ Minnesota fans in the rink on Friday night.

I do think Minnesota will support this tournament, especially in the new environment we are in. I think Minnesota fans miss playing old WCHA foes and still look forward to the traditional rivals, and in-state clashes, and probably will for quite some time until they develop some fierce conference rivals. Even then, the nostalgia could get enough fans to make the "X" tournament more than worthwhile.

I can see all the empty seats every game. Are you on crack that you miss them? You know the seats where the big piss yellow M is. The big piss yellow M that shows up so nice because all the seats are empty.

Easy, smokey, let's see how this plays out tomorrow afternoon/early evening.

I do think Minnesota will support this tournament, especially in the new environment we are in. I think Minnesota fans miss playing old WCHA foes and still look forward to the traditional rivals, and in-state clashes, and probably will for quite some time until they develop some fierce conference rivals. Even then, the nostalgia could get enough fans to make the "X" tournament more than worthwhile.

I agree. Most All the gopher fans I've talked with lately really miss the old WCHA.

• Upvote 1

Thursday night regular season hockey...good call, Big 10. NOT.

It's not just them. Hockey East frequently has mid-week games. A friend of mine went to the Maine game on Tuesday of this week, though at least that was an exhibition game. BC and Merrimack also played Tuesday night.