SiouxSports.com Forum

Vikings

Fetch

Well, the Vikings won big last week and AP had 75 yards rushing, which is low for him.  If the defense keeps playing well and gets better, the Vikings should be okay.  As for AP and the charges, I am disappointed in him.  Whatever happens, the Vikings under Mike Zimmer will go on.  I am still optimistic with the roster Spielman is putting together and that they finally have a coaching staff that has a clue.  No matter how this turns out, there will be life after AP.

I went to TMZ & it does not look good.....I'm really bummed out about this

Remember all those media reports over the summer speculating that the Vikings would release AP in a couple of years because of his salary cap number?  Maybe those journalists knew something that the rest of us didn't know.  This has been brewing for months, it is just now taking off in the media.

Remember all those media reports over the summer speculating that the Vikings would release AP in a couple of years because of his salary cap number?  Maybe those journalists knew something that the rest of us didn't know.  This has been brewing for months, it is just now taking off in the media.

Something does seem awfully fishy about this, doesn't it?  I'd be stunned if the Vikings don't put AP on the "de-activated" list for the entire season.  This is a PR disaster, given that he's the face of the franchise at the moment.  Good grief. 

I think AP was just trying to discipline his son but he may have took it a little overboard. I can imagine Goodell might want to make an example in this case but imo this isn't even in the same ballpark as the Ray Rice and Greg Hardy cases. I think the main reason the Vikings deactivated him this week was to let him go turn himself in and bail himself which he did last night and would be kinda surprised if they don't let him play while this situation plays out.

I think AP was just trying to discipline his son but he may have took it a little overboard. I can imagine Goodell might want to make an example in this case but imo this isn't even in the same ballpark as the Ray Rice and Greg Hardy cases. I think the main reason the Vikings deactivated him this week was to let him go turn himself in and bail himself which he did last night and would be kinda surprised if they don't let him play while this situation plays out.

0912-adrian-peterson-son-injuries-5.jpg

I'm trying to picture your reaction as you pick up your four-year old son from daycare on a Friday afternoon and see this...(note:  injuries pictured are at least a week old)

0912-adrian-peterson-son-injuries-5.jpg

I'm trying to picture your reaction as you pick up your four-year old son from daycare on a Friday afternoon and see this...(note:  injuries pictured are at least a week old)

I have already seen the pictures and know everything that has been reported doesn't change my opinion that he was trying to discipline his son and may have went a little overboard. Doesn't mean I would have used that same kind of discipline but I can understand why AP did since he was raised the same way.

I have already seen the pictures and know everything that has been reported doesn't change my opinion that he was trying to discipline his son and may have went a little overboard. Doesn't mean I would have used that same kind of discipline but I can understand why AP did since he was raised the same way.

You can understand why he'd use this type of discipline based on how he was raised? This doesn't make it alright. He's a wealthy man now. Maybe I shouldn't say man. A man wouldn't treat a kid this way. Just because he is a star player for the Vikings, excuses shouldn't be made for this.

You can understand why he'd use this type of discipline based on how he was raised? This doesn't make it alright. He's a wealthy man now. Maybe I shouldn't say man. A man wouldn't treat a kid this way. Just because he is a star player for the Vikings, excuses shouldn't be made for this.

It is the discipline he was raised with and lots of people especially in the south still use the same kind of discipline, I also did say he may have went a little too far with it and he admitted as much. I'm far more upset with the Greg Hardy situation in that the Panthers are still letting him play when he has already had his trial and been found guilty but because he is appealing they let him play. 

It is the discipline he was raised with and lots of people especially in the south still use the same kind of discipline, I also did say he may have went a little too far with it and he admitted as much. I'm far more upset with the Greg Hardy situation in that the Panthers are still letting him play when he has already had his trial and been found guilty but because he is appealing they let him play.

I don't care if AP was raised by a pack of wild wolves...that's no way to treat a four-year old in 2014!

I agree with you on the Greg Hardy situation - also not surprising to see the NFL bending over backwards trying to get Wes Welker back on the field ASAP for Peyton Manning's sake. If WW was a Ram or Buccaneer, he'd be out four games no questions asked.

This just in...SiouxScore will be making and selling NFL replica jerseys...left half of jersey Ray Rice and right half AP.

All proceeds will go to Focus on the Family.

I said nothing about Ray Rice I think he deserves everything he gets. AP was disciplining his kid the way he was disciplined and went a little overboard but I don't think that is even in the same category as Ray Rice or Greg Hardy.

I said nothing about Ray Rice I think he deserves everything he gets. AP was disciplining his kid the way he was disciplined and went a little overboard but I don't think that is even in the same category as Ray Rice or Greg Hardy.

You are sick...........

In your job have you ever dealt w kids that have been abused...as young as 2 months? Didn't think so.

I can refer you from some help if you want.

You are sick...........

In your job have you ever dealt w kids that have been abused...as young as 2 months? Didn't think so.

You don't know me don't try to tell me what I am. No I don't deal with kids who were abused but I'm sick of people acting like AP deliberately abused his son when in reality it was a punishment that he went overboard on and there is a huge difference between the two.

You don't know me don't try to tell me what I am. No I don't deal with kids who were abused but I'm sick of people acting like AP deliberately abused his son when in reality it was a punishment that he went overboard on.

Fortunately there is ZERO difference. Deliberate or not isn't an excuse...you need to stop while you can.

You are coming across like a complete a**...I do know that!

• Upvote 1

You don't know me don't try to tell me what I am. No I don't deal with kids who were abused but I'm sick of people acting like AP deliberately abused his son when in reality it was a punishment that he went overboard on and there is a huge difference between the two.

How many kids does ap have? Maybe he should consider not having any more.

Fortunately there is ZERO difference. Deliberate or not isn't an excuse...you need to stop while you can.

You are coming across like a complete a**.

I'm not trying to say it is an excuse because it wasn't deliberate but I do believe there is huge difference between whether a person is legitimately trying to hurt their child or whether a person is trying to discipline their child and ends up going overboard.