SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Football vs NCAA Hockey

Blackheart

UND hockey is bigger than the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences football program.

That is a fact.

Football overall in the USA is bigger than hockey. No doubt.

(Jeez..no wonder you go to Home Ec Tech..)

Bigger than...maybe, but partially because there isn't another option for d1 hockey in the state so when they follow hockey it's either UND or the gophers for local teams. So you get bison fans that follow und hockey. However with regard to a dedicated fan base that will travel across the country to see a game ndsu wins that battle presently.

Here is a bigger gap...

The University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences winning an NCAA championship at the highest level of that sports....

infinity...

Actually, isn't the FCS championship technically the highest level of NCAA football championship? I don't believe the BCS championship is technically an NCAA championship.

Bigger than...maybe, but partially because there isn't another option for d1 hockey in the state so when they follow hockey it's either UND or the gophers for local teams. So you get bison fans that follow und hockey. However with regard to a dedicated fan base that will travel across the country to see a game ndsu wins that battle presently.

You've obviously haven't been to too many away und hockey games. Probably impossible to prove the away attendance for a season....but und hockey definately has more fans that buy away tickets than ndsu.

• Upvote 1

Actually, isn't the FCS championship technically the highest level of NCAA football championship? I don't believe the BCS championship is technically an NCAA championship.

Technically, Alabama would beat the living snot out of the University of Agriculture, Applied Sciences and Home Ec.

Alabama is the champion of college football at the highest level of competition.

Take that back to BV and let them stew.

(God almighty these guys are frickin' delusional...)

That's as bizarre as Lakesbison is drunk.

Venues for college hockey typically hold about 5000 spectators, of which usually 1/3 are held by season tickets for the local teams.

Here in Colorado, Denver University reserves about 800 seats for UND fans. Trust me, there are probably about 1500+ UND fans in attendance and there would be more if they could get a seat. It's this way across the old WCHA and will be across the NCHC. UND fans help sell out hockey arenas. The fan base for UND hockey is huge.

UND hockey is the #1 college sports program in the state. Revenue, the venue, ticket sales, alumni support, tradition, highest level championships, etc...

Facts. Not made up Home Ec Tech fiction.

Technically, Alabama would beat the living snot out of the University of Agriculture, Applied Sciences and Home Ec.

Alabama is the champion of college football at the highest level of competition.

Take that back to BV and let them stew.

(God almighty these guys are frickin' stupid...)

I didn't say they wouldn't beat NDSU badly. You're the one that said "NCAA championship". Alabama didn't win an NCAA championship in football last year. NDSU did.

The truth is that NCAA division 1 hockey is much more comparable to FCS football than it is to FBS/BCS football.

I didn't say they wouldn't beat NDSU badly. You're the one that said "NCAA championship". Alabama didn't win an NCAA championship in football last year. NDSU did.

The truth is that NCAA division 1 hockey is much more comparable to FCS football than it is to FBS/BCS football.

The highest level of college hockey is Division I

The highest level of college football is FBS.

Facts. The University of Agriculture, Applied Sciences and Home Economics has never won a chamionship at the highest level of college sports. UND has done so 7 times.

These are facts that are hard for Home Ec Tech folks to comprehend. But, after all, what should one expect?

The highest level of college hockey is Division I

The highest level of college football is FBS.

Facts. The University of Agriculture, Applied Sciences and Home Economics has never won a chamionship at the highest level of college sports. UND has done so 7 times.

These are facts that are hard for Home Ec Tech folks to comprehend. But, after all, what should one expect?

Since you like to use the word fact so much, here is a fact: In sports that both schools compete in NDSU has won 22 National Championships compared to 4 National Championships that UND has. Even if you include the 7 titles UND'S hockey team has ( a sport NDSU doesn't even have) NDSU still has 11 more National titles than UND has. Not too bad for a Agriculure, Applied Sciences and Home EC school.

Since you like to use the word fact so much, here is a fact: In sports that both schools compete in NDSU has won 22 National Championships compared to 4 National Championships that UND has. Even if you include the 7 titles UND'S hockey team has ( a sport NDSU doesn't even have) NDSU still has 11 more National titles than UND has. Not too bad for a Agriculure, Applied Sciences and Home EC school.

Never said anything different.

But, at the highest level of college athletics, the University of North Dakota has won 7 championships. (In a sport that NDSU had a chance to compete in, but decided it was too difficult and stuck to focusing on lower tier athletics..)

The Unversity of Dirt Sciences has none. Zero. Zip. Nada.

UND hockey is the premier college sports program in the state of North Dakota.

These are facts that are way too difficult for criminal enablers to understand...

I don't think anyone is saying fcs=fbs...

I have seen a lot of ridiculous comments on various message boards coming from the fans of the AG school; oh let’s just say the one that's about 75 miles south of here just off of I29 by the Hector International Airport... You know the school; it’s the one with the ugly colors that resemble the Green Bay Packers. Seriously, I am not lying and making it up, I have seen some the most moronic and buffoonish comments coming from their fan-base. God love them. Some of these great fans, they really are, they’re just misguided, actually think that NDSU could compete with the FBS schools and that they should just go ahead and just join the FBS now. Yep, it’s true…

I want to preface this, my uncle went to the A.G. school was a successful engineer with Maytag and loves NDSU football so, there are some good delusional people that cheer for NDSU..

Edited by Goon

I want to preface this, my uncle went to the A.G. school was a successful engineer with Maytag and loves NDSU football so, there are some good delusional people that cheer for NDSU..

Totally understand.

Many friends and relatives that went to that school. I have even cheered them against Sam Bowie State for that FCS championship. But, the delusional beings that don't see FCS and D-II for what they actually are is outstanding. FCS is division I in name only, it's lower tier football. I'm glad UND is in it, but it is what it is. Just like D-II.

Yeah.

Whine about the premier athletic program at the flagship university in North Dakota having an advantage.

boo.

hoo.

Go to BV. Prop up your criminals. They're prepping for the KSU massacre....

I wonder if you'll man up and take your medicine by owning up to this statement if NDSU wins. Some UND fans, yourself included, sure are setting themselves up for a fall from grace aren't they?

Totally understand.

Many friends and relatives that went to that school. I have even cheered them against Sam Bowie State for that FCS championship. But, the delusional beings that don't see FCS and D-II for what they actually are is outstanding. FCS is division I in name only, it's lower tier football. I'm glad UND is in it, but it is what it is. Just like D-II.

Your persistent lack of understanding on this topic only shows your own ignorance, not another school's delusions of grandeur.

You can piss and moan all you want Duke, but the fact(to use the word you misuse daily) is FCS football is made up of Division I insitutions. Which is far more than one could say about your precious hockey.

I wonder if you'll man up and take your medicine by owning up to this statement if NDSU wins. Some UND fans, yourself included, sure are setting themselves up for a fall from grace aren't they?

Yeah...right.

The Wildcats are reloading and ready to do to the University of Agriculture and Delusional Drunkards what they did to Missouri State last year.

You know what else? Nobody will notice. Because outside of your sewing circle, nobody knows or cares about Home Ec Tech's dominance in lower tier college football. That's the good news for buffalochipville.

If you google the ag school, there's more about indiscretions than "glory" on the lower tier football field. Perhaps Mr. Clean should spend more time educating his young men on good citizenship so the state of North Dakota actually had something which to be proud of in the realm of athletics coming from the Fargodome?

Your persistent lack of understanding on this topic only shows your own ignorance, not another school's delusions of grandeur.

You can piss and moan all you want Duke, but the fact(to use the word you misuse daily) is FCS football is made up of Division I insitutions. Which is far more than one could say about your precious hockey.

...coming from someone who's school (and to be honest..UND too) hid behind D-II for years and years and years and years and years and years..

Yeah...right.

The Wildcats are reloading and ready to do to the University of Agriculture and Delusional Drunkards what they did to Missouri State last year.

You know what else? Nobody will notice. Because outside of your sewing circle, nobody knows or cares about Home Ec Tech's dominance in lower tier college football. That's the good news for buffalochipville.

If you google the ag school, there's more about indiscretions than "glory" on the lower tier football field. Perhaps Mr. Clean should spend more time educating his young men on good citizenship so the state of North Dakota actually had something which to be proud of in the realm of athletics coming from the Fargodome?

Keep digging that hole man. It'll only make it that much more funny.

...coming from someone who's school (and to be honest..UND too) hid behind D-II for years and years and years and years and years and years..

If you'd like to refute any of the actual points I've addressed your posts might actually hold some merit.

If you'd like to refute any of the actual points I've addressed your posts might actually hold some merit.

I just did.

It's not my fault the Cuervo took hold and you couldn't recognize it. Or, perhaps, I shouldn't blame you for not noticing...you know, College of Ag/Applied Science/Home Ec and all...

Keep digging that hole man. It'll only make it that much more funny.

You going to target a bar in Manhattan and "drink it dry"?

It seems to be a source of pride with the U of the Ag.

Yup. Eating til your morbidly obese and drinking as much as you can. Lots of booze and lots of food.

Indeed. The University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences biggest contribution to the state of North Dakota is probably the high alcoholism and obesity rate.

What an accomplishment!

(not to mention your "student" athletes contribution to the crime rate...)

Remember....seven real national championships at the highest level is greater than......zero.

Sorry, but have you every seen a hockey game outside of Grand Forks. I am just guessing, but I do not think NDSU gets 10,000 fans to travel to every away football game.

Yep. Been to a DIVISION ONE HOCKEY GAME in Colorado Springs. Air Force vs. Mankato. Half empty arena.

A.) Show me where anyone said NDSU gets 10,000 at every away game.

B.) Watch the FCS title game....probably 13-15,000 of those were Bison fans....15 hours from Fargo. 3 hours from enemy territory. Essentially an away game.

I just did.

It's not my fault the Cuervo took hold and you couldn't recognize it. Or, perhaps, I shouldn't blame you for not noticing...you know, College of Ag/Applied Science/Home Ec and all...

I can't decide what's more embarrassing for you. You're inability to actually keep your posts from being personal attacks(the sign that you don't have anything intelligent to add) or the fact that you think you are actually refuting anything I'm saying.