SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Football vs NCAA Hockey

Blackheart

Und hockey could compete with and beat any team at a similar level as them whether it is NCAA d1, Canadian college, or chl. Ndsu football cannot compete against even average fbs teams....this will be proven in the Kansas st game.

Central Michigan was average in 2007 and they were slaughtered by the Bison. The Gophers were average in 2006 when the Bison lost on a blocked field goal.

Central Michigan was average in 2007 and they were slaughtered by the Bison. The Gophers were average in 2006 when the Bison lost on a blocked field goal.

You guys scored SIX points on a horrible Kansas team with an inexperienced first year coach.

Und hockey could compete with and beat any team at a similar level as them whether it is NCAA d1, Canadian college, or chl. Ndsu football cannot compete against even average fbs teams....this will be proven in the Kansas st game.

Central Michigan was solid the year NDSU beat them by 30.

You guys scored SIX points on a horrible Kansas team with an inexperienced first year coach.

and held them to 3. Some teams play defense darell. Plus NDSU's offense that year was mediocre at best.

I agree Central Michigan is probably the best team NDSU has beat to date.

However, that Gophers team was not "average." In 2006 Minnesota finished 6-7. Ohhh!! Bowl eligible, yay!! But only 3-5 in the Big Ten. They beat up on a lot of bad teams:

6-6 Kent State (5-3 MAC)

1-11 Temple (Independent)

5-7 Indiana (3-5 Big Ten)

4-8 Michigan State (1-7 Big Ten)

6-7 Iowa (2-6 Big Ten)

The only team with a winning record they beat was NDSU.

I agree Central Michigan is probably the best team NDSU has beat to date.

However, that Gophers team was not "average." In 2006 Minnesota finished 6-7. Ohhh!! Bowl eligible, yay!! But only 3-5 in the Big Ten. They beat up on a lot of bad teams:

6-6 Kent State (5-3 MAC)

1-11 Temple (Independent)

5-7 Indiana (3-5 Big Ten)

4-8 Michigan State (1-7 Big Ten)

6-7 Iowa (2-6 Big Ten)

The only team with a winning record they beat was NDSU.

What is your definition of average if a 6-6 regular season isn't it?

They'll sober up and put down the greasy burgers after the Kansas State game.

It still won't help their IQ level...but they need to take baby steps back to reality..

Roll Tide.

Or NDSU will lose by 15+ but still claim a moral victory..... oh wait that would be copying someone else

Or NDSU will lose by 15+ but still claim a moral victory..... oh wait that would be copying someone else

Seriously, coming within 15 pts of KSU would be fairly impressive. Their offensive line is incredible. The big ? mark they have on offense is the QB. That Juco transfer could shine, but their back up from last year might get the start.

But to seriously believe that a winning record in the Big 10 or Big 12 is truly delusional. Those teams have way too much depth in speed, talent and size. After a few games an FCS team would be decimated at enough positions that they would accumulate loss after loss.

Seriously, coming within 15 pts of KSU would be fairly impressive. Their offensive line is incredible. The big ? mark they have on offense is the QB. That Juco transfer could shine, but their back up from last year might get the start.

But to seriously believe that a winning record in the Big 10 or Big 12 is truly delusional. Those teams have way too much depth in speed, talent and size. After a few games an FCS team would be decimated at enough positions that they would accumulate loss after loss.

For once you and I agree on something :)

I'm glad you agree UND's 2011 squad (8-3) was better than NDSU's 2010 team (9-5) which held Kansas to 3 points and beat Montana State in the playoffs.

Would the University of Minnesota have beaten around half of the FBS that year? Probably somewhere around that. Losses to most of the BCS teams, wins against most of the lesser FBS schools.

NDSU's 9-5 squad had 9 wins against FCS/FBS teams. UND's 2011 featured how many D-I wins?

I agree, please note my earlier retraction of said statement.

NDSU's 9-5 squad had 9 wins against FCS/FBS teams. UND's 2011 featured how many D-I wins?

Now you want to compare quality of victories and not just record to determine how good a team is?

In 2006 the Gophers finished 5-7 versus teams in their division, FBS. You called them average.

Last year, UND finished 4-5 versus teams in their division, FCS. You called them bad.

I'm not surprised you overvalue the quality of NDSU's close loss to the Gophers but try and be a little consistent.

• Upvote 1

You've obviously haven't been to too many away und hockey games. Probably impossible to prove the away attendance for a season....but und hockey definately has more fans that buy away tickets than ndsu.

NDSU last year featured 6 away games and half those games had more than 5k ndsu fans. CSU, USD, SHSU. I have no idea how many went to SDSU, UNI, or MSU, but the first two were also in the multiple thousands. NDSU wins this particular pissing contest by a landslide, and it isn't close.

NDSU last year featured 6 away games and half those games had more than 5k ndsu fans. CSU, USD, SHSU. I have no idea how many went to SDSU, UNI, or MSU, but the first two were also in the multiple thousands. NDSU wins this particular pissing contest by a landslide, and it isn't close.

UND had at least 4,000 people at every regular season road game last year. They had 9,000 at both games in Omaha, 5,000 for both games in Denver and 7,000 for both games at Colorado College.

See, I too can make up artificial numbers that can't be proven or disproven either way.

UND had at least 4,000 people at every regular season road game last year. They had 9,000 at both games in Omaha, 5,000 for both games in Denver and 7,000 for both games at Colorado College.

See, I too can make up artificial numbers that can't be proven or disproven either way.

i suppose i could get sources if you'd like, but the 16k in frisco and 5k+ at CSU and USD aren't exactly up for debate. Those got enough press that even sioux sports shouldn't be able to stick its head in the sand.

i suppose i could get sources if you'd like, but the 16k in frisco and 5k+ at CSU and USD aren't exactly up for debate. Those got enough press that even sioux sports shouldn't be able to stick its head in the sand.

Why did you delete the correction to 4-6? It showcases your excellent counting abilities. I can see how you get 5,000 if you count like that.

Why did you delete the correction to 4-6? It showcases your excellent counting abilities. I can see how you get 5,000 if you count like that.

I thought I had deleted it, since it really was nothing more than being pedantic. However it does have the benefit of being the correct record, since you want to make a big deal out of it.

4 wins: PUS SSU UM SUU

6 loses: SDSU CP EWU NAU MSU NCO

I thought I had deleted it, since it really was nothing more than being pedantic. However it does have the benefit of being the correct record, since you want to make a big deal out of it.

4 wins: PUS SSU UM SUU

6 loses: SDSU CP EWU NAU MSU NCO

So your reading comprehension is as good as your counting? Got it

I'd love to see the source on 16k in Frisco. The majority of the crowd was NDSU but it wasn't 75%.