SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews to bring home the cup?

ibleedgreen

Doubt it. After what we did to his brother....

Next person i could see bringing it back here is parise or oshie or porter

What we did to his brother? Seriously? He played 32 games in his sophmore year. I near guarantee that his junior and senior year he would've played every game. Although I thought he was decently productive when he did see the ice. Let get this straight, he is not Jonathan. Just because they share the same last name, doesn't mean he's going to be a star.

At UND you're not given ice time; you earn it.

Pardin my ignorance, what did we (UND?) do to his brother?

We didn't DO anything. He, like everyone, needed to earn ice time. Rarely do players come in a freshman and play every game.

Things just didn't work out at UND; it isn't like UND and the coaching staff screwed him over.

We didn't DO anything. He, like everyone, needed to earn ice time. Rarely do players come in a freshman and play every game.

Things just didn't work out at UND; it isn't like UND and the coaching staff screwed him over.

I've also heard his falling out had to do with not going to class as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a reason why we should hate you (or anybody, for that matter) because of that?

Someone is trying to rationalize the fact that Leddy brought the Cup to the 'U' as to why Toews should bring it to UND. But let's be real. That's a TERRIBLE rationalization. Nick lives 20 minutes from Mariucci. Of course he could bring it there. Winnipeg is 3 hours from UND. Not even comparable. Sometimes there's just not enough time in the 24 hours you get to have the Cup.

Honestly, I live in Eden Prairie, and I thought Nick did a great job of trying to get it so as many people as possible got to see the Cup. That thing was all over the Twin Cities. Glad I got to see it up close this time. Last time I tried and failed.

Toews bringing the Cup to Grand Forks would be similar to Leddy bringing it to Brainerd. Apples and oranges...

Did Leddy ever play in Brainard? Anyway, I don't think toews has to bring the cup to GF....but it would be cool.

Did Leddy ever play in Brainard? Anyway, I don't think toews has to bring the cup to GF....but it would be cool.

He may have....they do have tournaments that play around the state! :) I know what you mean, but just saying that you can't say that there is no chance that he ever played there.

He may have....they do have tournaments that play around the state! :) I know what you mean, but just saying that you can't say that there is no chance that he ever played there.

Sorry....I'm sure he has played in Brainard (against them) but I don't believe he has ever played for a Brainard team, so in regards to the post I was commenting on it isn't quite apples to oranges.

Sorry....I'm sure he has played in Brainard (against them) but I don't believe he has ever played for a Brainard team, so in regards to the post I was commenting on it isn't quite apples to oranges.

It's Brainerd, not Brainard. Leddy grew up in Eden Prairie, a lifelong Gopher fan, and he brought the cup back close to his roots.

Toews grew up in Winnipeg, spent two years at SSM, and two in GF en route to the NHL.

Yes, apples to oranges. Had Toews grown up in Thompson and worn Sioux jerseys to UND games as a grade-schooler, we'd now be comparing apples to apples.

Someone is trying to rationalize the fact that Leddy brought the Cup to the 'U' as to why Toews should bring it to UND. But let's be real. That's a TERRIBLE rationalization. Nick lives 20 minutes from Mariucci. Of course he could bring it there. Winnipeg is 3 hours from UND. Not even comparable. Sometimes there's just not enough time in the 24 hours you get to have the Cup.

Honestly, I live in Eden Prairie, and I thought Nick did a great job of trying to get it so as many people as possible got to see the Cup. That thing was all over the Twin Cities. Glad I got to see it up close this time. Last time I tried and failed.

Either you drive really fast or really slow. You added an hour as to how long it takes to drive to Winnipeg from GF.