SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews to bring home the cup?

ibleedgreen

Am I wrong, but didnt Teows already bring the cup to the REA the first time he won it? How many times has Leddy won it? What is the argument here?

Toews brought it home to Winnipeg where he received the key to the city, had a lake named after him, victory parade, and rally. He also visited some children's hospitals and golf tournaments.

If he brought it to REA then it was a private visit with UND coaches/players, but I don't believe he did.

Oh give me a freaking break. It's 25 minutes, I rounded down, whatever. Big woopie. I've driven from EP to the U a gazillion times. Do you want me to go time it? I'll get in my car and go right now.

From what part of EP and what time of day?? Seriously...people...20 minutes is a close approximation. From the west side of EP in rush hour traffic, it is probably 45 minutes. From the east part during normal conditions 25 sounds about right.

It's Brainerd, not Brainard. Leddy grew up in Eden Prairie, a lifelong Gopher fan, and he brought the cup back close to his roots.

Toews grew up in Winnipeg, spent two years at SSM, and two in GF en route to the NHL.

Yes, apples to oranges. Had Toews grown up in Thompson and worn Sioux jerseys to UND games as a grade-schooler, we'd now be comparing apples to apples.

But Toews did play in GF correct? And Leddy didn't play in Brainerd correct? Again, I don't feel Toews has to bring the cup to GF as his coming here was all I needed, but your Apples to oranges comment didn't make any sense.

But Toews did play in GF correct? And Leddy didn't play in Brainerd correct? Again, I don't feel Toews has to bring the cup to GF as his coming here was all I needed, but your Apples to oranges comment didn't make any sense.

The Brainerd comment was meant in terms of approximate distance from his hometown. Toews bringing the cup to UND would be akin to Leddy bringing it to Brainerd.

Oh give me a freaking break. It's 25 minutes, I rounded down, whatever. Big woopie. I've driven from EP to the U a gazillion times. Do you want me to go time it? I'll get in my car and go right now.

Yikes. I'm fully aware that theoretically, most of eastern EP is about 25 minutes from Mariucci. However, try and leave EP on a Friday night in December or January at 6:35 pm and let me know if you make the opening face-off at 7:07 pm. My money says no...

Hockey camps ending this Friday at UND also. Would be phenomenal time to surprise that group and my own child.

Think GF and Sioux fans across the region would pack The Ralph for a chance to welcome Toews & The Cup?

If Eau Claire WI can draw over 3,000 the day after the 4th of July (2008), I would think GF could easily draw 7,000+.

Ed Belfour brought The Cup to Grand Forks in 1999. Mike Commodore did it in 2006. So it isn't totally unprecedented. But let's not forget, these guys have everybody and their uncle asking for a personal visit with The Cup and not everyone will get told yes.

Since Toews had a big celebration in Winnipeg in 2010 I thought maybe he would decide to bring the Cup elsewhere this time around, but I guess not.

Since I wasn't able to see the Cup in Eden Prairie last Friday, I am doing my best to move my schedule around in an effort to make the trek to Winnipeg this Friday.

Let's do the following:

Change the English Coulee to "The Jonathan Toews Coulee" and University Park to "Zach Parise Park"...maybe add a Travis Zajac pond and a TJ Oshie river walk while we're at it...then we will ensure the cup should one of those players win it.

Let's do the following:

Change the English Coulee to "The Jonathan Toews Coulee" and University Park to "Zach Parise Park"...maybe add a Travis Zajac pond and a TJ Oshie river walk while we're at it...then we will ensure the cup should one of those players win it.

All-right done. :)

Let's do the following:

A booth at Judy's?