SiouxSports.com Forum

Buy or Sell 2013

sioux24/7

I think they would have been very heavy favorites in a hypothetical matchup last year, and I think they are borderline FCS top-5 this year. If the run D isn't much improved, it won't be a game.

I'm going to sdsu-UNL because i think sdsu has a credible (but not great) shot.

If we can contain Zenner then it will be a game...but like you said, it won't be a game at all if they are steamrolling us.

I am hoping Edwards and the new JC transfer are able to step in immediately. Goodman also needs to be healthy at LB.

It will be a challenge but its going to be an exciting non conference match up with a chance to turn some heads. We know what their offensive philosophy is going to be.

Our offense could also help our defense out tremendously by scoring points. If we get behind, with a defense needing improvement and a young QB under center, it could be a long game. The SDSU, Montana and Montana St. stretch of home games is going to be fun.

I think they would have been very heavy favorites in a hypothetical matchup last year, and I think they are borderline FCS top-5 this year. If the run D isn't much improved, it won't be a game.

I'm going to sdsu-UNL because i think sdsu has a credible (but not great) shot.

They lost 7 starters on defense. The offense will be better than last year but I'm not sure the defense won't be worse. I see our offense giving them headaches but I also see their offense giving our D headaches. Very interesting match up.

I'm selling 4-2. I know they're mostly at home but SDSU, Montana, Montana State and EWU make for a very difficult early stretch especially with a quarterback with zero experience. I think we beat Valpo and ISU and sneak one from the aforementioned four then make a push for the playoffs once we settle in with a quarterback and hit the easier 2nd half of our schedule. I see us starting 3-3 but finishing 7-4 and on the playoff bubble.

I'm selling 4-2. I know they're mostly at home but SDSU, Montana, Montana State and EWU make for a very difficult early stretch especially with a quarterback with zero experience. I think we beat Valpo and ISU and sneak one from the aforementioned four then make a push for the playoffs once we settle in with a quarterback and hit the easier 2nd half of our schedule. I see us starting 3-3 but finishing 7-4 and on the playoff bubble.

Given the circumstances this fall, I'd say that's a reasonable expectation.

• 2 weeks later...

Last year SDSU had total rush/game 177.23 yds, Zenner rush/game 157.23

I'm buying our defense keeps Zenner under 157 rushing.

Sumner their QB had 14 int and 15 TD's.

I'm buying UND forces Sumner to have more int's than TD's against us.

I'm buying UND wins by 10 points

Last year SDSU had total rush/game 177.23 yds, Zenner rush/game 157.23

I'm buying our defense keeps Zenner under 157 rushing.

Sumner their QB had 14 int and 15 TD's.

I'm buying UND forces Sumner to have more int's than TD's against us.

I'm buying UND wins by 10 points

Like I said above if we can keep Zenner under 150 yards we have a legitimate shot at a win so I buy that.

I will buy on more ints than TD's if you are referring to throwing TD's. More ints than overall TD's- sell.

UND winning by 10- sell: I believe we can win and it will be by a field goal!

Buy or sell: UND will be ranked after the three ranked opponents with two wins or a win and two close loses

Sell: it will take all 3 wins to get at least a #25 vote.

Buy or sell: UND will finish the year ranked at least once this season.

Sell, I think the handoffs will be too spread out.

Buy or Sell: Kenny Golladay leads the team in receiving touchdowns

Possible, since defenses will be keying on Hardin, and Golladay and the other receivers will benefit. But I think Hardin will adjust and will still get his. Sell.

• 2 weeks later...

Buy or sell this recruiting class getting a big bump by the IPF being underway. No longer is it just a plan for 'the future'.

Buy- Taking action rather than talking speaks volumes.

Buy or Sell- We hit 12,000 attendance for at least one game in 2013?

In my opinion we have the most important first five games that we have had in many years. Now is the time to re-establish North Dakota Football at this level. We need to be competative and to put a team on the field that plays Fighting Sioux Football. We can get the buzz and excitement back or we can lose many fans for a long while. Muss has been at the helm for long enough to not have any excuses. I am optimistic about this season - we have a talent influx that should make a difference. My biggest worry is mediocrity - just good enough to keep the status quo but not a breakout season. We can show that we are a force or we can have a lost decade or more of Sioux football. Time to make our mark. Time for a signature win. Anyone else tired of the smugness of the fans down south? Well, let's do something to get our team going.

• Upvote 2

In my opinion we have the most important first five games that we have had in many years. Now is the time to re-establish North Dakota Football at this level. We need to be competative and to put a team on the field that plays Fighting Sioux Football. We can get the buzz and excitement back or we can lose many fans for a long while. Muss has been at the helm for long enough to not have any excuses. I am optimistic about this season - we have a talent influx that should make a difference. My biggest worry is mediocrity - just good enough to keep the status quo but not a breakout season. We can show that we are a force or we can have a lost decade or more of Sioux football. Time to make our mark. Time for a signature win. Anyone else tired of the smugness of the fans down south? Well, let's do something to get our team going.

awesome post, I'm ready to run out of a tunnel

The three year clock for success at this level started last year and there were glimpses of hope. It's a program full of hungry players and coaches that are ready to restore the program to greatness by any means necessary. The fire and talent are now in place, it's time to execute and develop into champs.