SiouxSports.com Forum

MafiaMan Offseason Forum Page

Blackheart

Wasn't meaning to post this here but I apparently managed to somehow revive an archived post without having my comment added, so I figured it was as good a spot as any. I just wanted to pay tribute to one of Sioux hockey's biggest fans, THETRIOUXPER, on August 7, 2014, the 5th anniversary of his passing away. Troy, you're gone but not forgotten here in the hockey forums section of SiouxSports.com.

Tell the Boss that while we appreciate his helping Union College save us all from a year of Gopher smack-talk, that we could use another small favor next spring. I'm sure he's already gotten an earful from you about that damn nickname change thing...

• Upvote 2

Wasn't meaning to post this here but I apparently managed to somehow revive an archived post without having my comment added, so I figured it was as good a spot as any. I just wanted to pay tribute to one of Sioux hockey's biggest fans, THETRIOUXPER, on August 7, 2014, the 5th anniversary of his passing away. Troy, you're gone but not forgotten here in the hockey forums section of SiouxSports.com.

Tell the Boss that while we appreciate his helping Union College save us all from a year of Gopher smack-talk, that we could use another small favor next spring. I'm sure he's already gotten an earful from you about that damn nickname change thing...

RIP THETRIOUXPER...

• 1 month later...

My last couple posts in this thread have been real downers...not gonna lie...it's been a tough couple of months, first Erin and now Tommy.  I'm not a FB or Twitter guy so I put a quick comment here because this one really bummed me out as I was driving home from SW ND last night.  Please, for the sake of those who love you and care about you, remember that there is always hope.  Suicide is not the answer, no matter how big  you think the problem may be.  It might seem like a good fix for you...but it brings nothing but pain and heartbreak for those you leave behind. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...

Didn't know where else to put this so I thought I'd post it here. After almost 20 years as the IceHoggs, my broomball team is looking to rebrand. I'm wondering if there are any talented jersey design folks here on the board who might be interested in a side-project...I'm good at concepts and ideas, but am unfortunately not an artist.

Send me a PM. Thank you.

Didn't know where else to put this so I thought I'd post it here. After almost 20 years as the IceHoggs, my broomball team is looking to rebrand. I'm wondering if there are any talented jersey design folks here on the board who might be interested in a side-project...I'm good at concepts and ideas, but am unfortunately not an artist.

Send me a PM. Thank you.

Big Cocks

• 4 months later...

No college hockey, no Stanley Cup playoffs...what the heck am I gonna do until the season starts up again? Watch the Detroit Tigers continue to implode? The Lions blow up any potential chances of being a good NFL team? Maybe I'll just PM The Sicatoka and head over to my iPod thread and see what's new there...

No college hockey, no Stanley Cup playoffs...what the heck am I gonna do until the season starts up again? Watch the Detroit Tigers continue to implode? The Lions blow up any potential chances of being a good NFL team? Maybe I'll just PM The Sicatoka and head over to my iPod thread and see what's new there...

Or maybe you could just follow some better teams. :) 

I went to see Jurassic World....I think I'd rather have watched Gopher hockey.

I went to the Minions movie with my daughter yesterday and it was funny. I jus got back from Detroit and had a marvelous time. I stayed just north of the city and food was very inexpensive. It was a very nice area. They took a pound of flesh from you on the beer though. 

Yeah, well, I'm doing the prep for a colonoscopy. I was supposed to have it done a while back. Was on the bed with an IV in my arm when they told me they had to abort because the anesthesist (sp?) got sick. It was the sh**s......no pun intended. Ahhh, the off season. 

Yeah, well, I'm doing the prep for a colonoscopy. I was supposed to have it done a while back. Was on the bed with an IV in my arm when they told me they had to abort because the anesthesist (sp?) got sick. It was the sh**s......no pun intended. Ahhh, the off season.

GoLYTELY is anything but..........

• Upvote 1

I went to see Jurassic World....I think I'd rather have watched Gopher hockey.

This couldn't be further from the truth for me. I enjoyed the movie, and the only way Gopher Hockey is enjoyable is when they are losing in March/April.

• Upvote 1

I just got back after a week in the Czech Republic.  The Czechs are hockey crazy like Sioux fans; it's their national sport.

I felt at home.

We think the Sioux/Gopher rivalry is intense, you can imagine how the rivalry between Czechoslovakia and the USSR was after the Soviets invaded in 1968.   

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...