SiouxSports.com Forum

MafiaMan Offseason Forum Page

Blackheart

What?!?!?!? Saw them at an outdoor concert in Fargo with, Trixter, I think? We played Nerf football with the band and some roadies out in the parking lot before their concert. #goodoleboysclub-hairbandversion

Trixter Effect still applies...but Warrant gets a waiver for Uncle Tom's Cabin...

#2) My years of study in all things '80's has led me to theorize something that I like to call "The Trixter Effect." It's a rather complicated formula, but in short, pick a 1980's hair band. If you feel the band would invite Trixter along as an opening act, then they cannot label themselves as a true 1980's hair band. For example, let's take an obvious case: Guns 'N Roses. Can you imagine Axl Rose calling up the band that came up with THIS song and asking them to come on tour with Slash and the rest of the gang?

Of course you can't! Therefore, Guns 'N Roses is a true 1980's hair band. Now, on the other end of the spectrum, is this:

Are you picturing Nelson and Trixter together in concert in about 1991? Seven days a week and twice on Sunday, right? Therefore, Nelson is not a 1980's hair band - just a wanna-be.

From January 31st...

Warrant gets a waiver for practically everything they ever recorded (with the exception of the mediocre 1996 album "Belly To Belly"). Most underrated and underappreciated act in the history of record music, IMHO.

Hey DaveK, have you checked out the Tom Keifer album that was released about a year ago? I believe it's called "The Way Life Goes." If you like his Cinderella stuff, you will definitely like this album.

I'm no music critic, just a rock snob. ;)

Ironically, in my 30+ years of reading album reviews I have found that music critics more often than not tend to have horrible taste in music.

You and Chuck Klosterman hang out in the VIP section together? :)
  • Upvote 1

The hair bands of the '80's were not much of an improvement over the disco sounds of the 70's. Both sucked in their own special and painful ways. Two decades of music wasteland . . . . Unless one was mining a few irch veins of real talent, and music, that have always been either buried deep or just beyone the horizon. of the cutting edge. In any era. And of course The King transcended them all and is still one of the most relevant musicians in the world today . . . . After fifty years. Still playing packed arenas and the finest solo venues all over the world. Not the Shooting Star. Long live The King, his band, his music, and his message.

The hair bands of the '80's were not much of an improvement over the disco sounds of the 70's. Both sucked in their own special and painful ways. Two decades of music wasteland . . . . Unless one was mining a few irch veins of real talent, and music, that have always been either buried deep or just beyone the horizon. of the cutting edge. In any era. And of course The King transcended them all and is still one of the most relevant musicians in the world today . . . . After fifty years. Still playing packed arenas and the finest solo venues all over the world. Not the Shooting Star. Long live The King, his band, his music, and his message.

We all know you long for the golden days of yore when the Glenn Miller Orchestra ruled the AM radio airways and you were busy settling down in your living room waiting for FDR to come on the air for one of his fireside chats, but 1980's hard rock/heavy metal isn't the "music wasteland" you make it out to be, NDH.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's the Heat's own fault...not sure if anyone is more over-rated than Bosh...the guy is almost 7 ft tall and has little or no 'paint presence'. If his jumper is not falling, he's very easy to defend. Wade is still a good player but looked overmatched at times trying to keep up with some of the Spurs' younger players.

That's the Heat's own fault...not sure if anyone is more over-rated than Bosh...the guy is almost 7 ft tall and has little or no 'paint presence'. If his jumper is not falling, he's very easy to defend. Wade is still a good player but looked overmatched at times trying to keep up with some of the Spurs' younger players.

Bosh is Shawn Bradley with a 15 foot jump shot. Nevermind younger players abusing Wade...he got torched by Manu and Tony Parker too!

Hard to be too tough on Miami though - Magic Johnson lost 3 NBA finals (83, 84, 86), Larry Bird lost 2 (85, 87), and Dr J lost 3 (77, 80, 82). The great ones all lost sometime - save for MJ and the rigged 1990's NBA's darling Chicago Bulls.

Bosh is Shawn Bradley with a 15 foot jump shot. Nevermind younger players abusing Wade...he got torched by Manu and Tony Parker too!

Hard to be too tough on Miami though - Magic Johnson lost 3 NBA finals (83, 84, 86), Larry Bird lost 2 (85, 87), and Dr J lost 3 (77, 80, 82). The great ones all lost sometime - save for MJ and the rigged 1990's NBA's darling Chicago Bulls.

Shawn Bradley? You went deep on that one!

What sport don't you guys pay serious attention to?

Lacrosse, although Duke was solid again this year, Men's Tennis, America's Cup yacht racing, Formula 1racing, and Network Battle of the Stars are pretty low on the list. :)