SiouxSports.com Forum

MafiaMan Offseason Forum Page

Blackheart

So let me get this straight...Leonardo DiCaprio took time away from his 482 foot $678 million yacht that he is partying on for a few weeks during the World Cup to come to the US to lecture everyone else about the damage being done to oceans...ummmmm ok.

So let me get this straight...Leonardo DiCaprio took time away from his 482 foot $678 million yacht that he is partying on for a few weeks during the World Cup to come to the US to lecture everyone else about the damage being done to oceans...ummmmm ok.

Irony is a harsh mistress.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/06/leonardo-dicaprio-talks-ocean-conservation-but-rents-super-yacht-to-party/

Yeah... That was a d*ck move.

Limo Liberals, do as I say, not as I do. I am not a big fan of Leonardo Di-crapio.

I hate basketball, but this is a phenomenal article:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/austin-one-day-the-ball-was-going-to-stop-bouncing-it-just-happened-sooner-for-me-062314

I'm sure there are still dark days ahead for this man, but I have enormous respect for him for taking the attitude he has.

It's a good thing he opted to be drafted this year...who knows what could have happened had he played his last two years at Baylor without this getting caught at the combine check up. I think it's probably unlikely, but I would be thrilled one of the teams with the last few draft picks still drafts him.

• Upvote 1

Got word this past weekend that my old roomie from 408B McVey Hall circa '88-'90 is in the hospital with lymphoma...prognosis is days to live, at best...

Life isn't fair sometimes and you're stuck with the cards you're dealt. I sure wish he had been given a better hand. Although we haven't talked a lot over the past 25 years, the memories of those days are still in my head. The late-night whole 4th North wing calling into the local radio station to win prizes, looking at the sign outside the Chester Fritz in the morning when it was -25, you and our suite-mates stealing all the chocolate chip cookies my mom had mailed to me, and making the trek over to the old REA to watch some Fighting Sioux hockey. Great times that I won't ever forget...

Your wife and son are in my prayers, Erin, as you grab a seat in the cockpit for your final flight to the golden airport in the sky. May God be with you on your journey.

• Upvote 2

Got word this past weekend that my old roomie from 408B McVey Hall circa '88-'90 is in the hospital with lymphoma...prognosis is days to live, at best...

Life isn't fair sometimes and you're stuck with the cards you're dealt. I sure wish he had been given a better hand. Although we haven't talked a lot over the past 25 years, the memories of those days are still in my head. The late-night whole 4th North wing calling into the local radio station to win prizes, looking at the sign outside the Chester Fritz in the morning when it was -25, you and our suite-mates stealing all the chocolate chip cookies my mom had mailed to me, and making the trek over to the old REA to watch some Fighting Sioux hockey. Great times that I won't ever forget...

Your wife and son are in my prayers, Erin, as you grab a seat in the cockpit for your final flight to the golden airport in the sky. May God be with you on your journey.

So sorry to hear this news my friend. A nice tribute to a man who left his loved ones much too soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounded like a solid guy. Forty-Four is way too young to pass away.

Erin Gregory Kullander, 44, of St. Charles, IL, passed away Thursday, June 26, 2014 at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago surrounded by his family.

He was born March 13, 1970 at Laughlin AFB, Del Rio, Texas, the son of Dennis and Sharon (Hughes) Kullander. Growing up in an Air Force family, Erin moved often, spending memorable childhood years in Australia and Southern Illinois. He graduated from the University of North Dakota (BS, Aeronautical Studies, 1993) where he met his true love, Sara. They were married August 24, 1996 in Bismarck, ND.

From an early age, Erin had a passion for flying. Throughout his professional career he worked as a flight instructor, aerobatics instructor, weather modification pilot, First Officer for GP Express, and for the last 19 years, United Airlines pilot, reaching his goal of Captain.

Erin enjoyed watching sports (Go MN Vikings! Go MN Wild!), belonging to a fantasy football league, farming with his brother-in-law Paul, flying his Debonair, fishing with Grandpa Lloyd, and priceless hours playing with his son, Josh. Erin had a lasting impact on all those whose lives he touched and will be dearly missed by his family, friends and coworkers.

He is survived by his loving wife Sara (Gunter); son Josh; parents Dennis and Sharon of VA; sister Tammy (Chris)Vernon of NC; grandmother Hazel Weaver of OR; many nieces, nephews and dear friends.

Visitation will be held Friday, July 11, 2014 from 4:00-8:00 pm at Malone Funeral Home, 324 East State Street (Route 38), Geneva, IL.

A celebration of Erin’s life will be held Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 11:00 am at Geneva Lutheran Church, 301 South Third Street, Geneva, IL, Pastor Trudy Stoffel officiating. A reception will follow.

Memorial gifts may be made to an education fund for Joshua Kullander c/o Alliant Credit Union, PO Box 2387, Des Plaines, IL 60017-2387 or to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, www.lls.org, in Erin's name.