SiouxSports.com Forum

Boston Marathon Bombed

jodcon

Really?

I post my opinions and know they are not those of the majority. I get responses that are insulting and after a few I respond in like fashion. Tomorrow I'll be less ' passit_offthegoalie' whoever the heck that is.

Yea, really. I respect your opinions and did not personally insult you at all. But if it made you feel better tonight to resort to snarky comebacks and personal insults, no problem, I can take it...

Yea, really. I respect your opinions and did not personally insult you at all. But if it made you feel better tonight to resort to snarky comebacks and personal insults, no problem, I can take it...

OK. I have a lot I can say right now about snarky comebacks and personal insults but I won't. We've been friends since 2005 (!!!) and I don't want that to change. Good night and tomorrow is another day.

That was all good reading. Both have valid point. Neither thing I read from anyone was "wrong". Just two different way of looking at things.

Only thing I think we learned from this innocent. We don't need new laws anytime anything bad happens.

Watched the National Anthem sung by crowd at Fenway. Pretty moving.

The one from the Bruins game earlier in the week was pretty awesome too. The actual singer only sang the first few lines before letting the crowd take over. Plus, both teams did a joint stick salute to the fans at the end of the game.

Sports aren't everything, but they certainly have a way of helping the healing process.

The statement that Sioux-cia keeps referring to, 'If this makes people take a different look at the Muslim community as a whole in this country...well so be it.', paints with a very wide brush. Be mad at the people that did this. Be mad at the group they actually belong to and follow, if that group contributed to the action. But don't hate an entire religion because of the actions of a minority.

Yep, it's the "as a whole" part that got me too. It has been stated that these men were Islamic extremists. I wouldn't want people to take a different look at the Christian community as a whole because of some extremists who decided that bombing abortion clinics is the best way to show their disapproval of that act. I don't think those extremists speak for the vast majority of Christians any more or less than these two guys or those behind 9/11 speak for the majority of Islamic faith.

I wouldn't want people to take a different look at the Christian community as a whole because of some extremists who decided that bombing abortion clinics is the best way to show their disapproval of that act.

An honest question...you ever watch MSNBC?? They lead the way in painting with a broad brush against everything that isn't liberal or left leaning...especially the Christian right.

This will be my last comment on my "community as a whole" post...there are 4 million Muslims in the country and counting and if just 2 out of 4 million caused this terroristic act, I think I'm in the majority in feeling that we as a nation need to be more attentive and decerning as to our surroundings...including the Muslim community. A Democratic House Representative from Massachusetts when interviewed today on TV essentially said the same thing.

If 4 Middle Eastern men were to show up at the Bruins or Sox game today, heads would have turned and some attention would be paid to them...right or wrong. Humans are not robots. Like Mafia said terrorists won't be walking around looking like Aladdin shouting "Death to America".

An honest question...you ever watch MSNBC?? They lead the way in painting with a broad brush against everything that isn't liberal or left leaning...especially the Christian right.

This will be my last comment on my "community as a whole" post...there are 4 million Muslims in the country and counting and if just 2 out of 4 million caused this terroristic act, I think I'm in the majority in feeling that we as a nation need to be more attentive and decerning as to our surroundings...including the Muslim community. A Democratic House Representative from Massachusetts when interviewed today on TV essentially said the same thing.

If 4 Middle Eastern men were to show up at the Bruins game tonight, heads would turn and some attention would be paid to them...right or wrong. Humans are not robots. Like Mafia said terrorists won't be walking around looking like Aladdin shouting "Death to America".

If a white guy shoots up a movie theater, are you going to be worried about every white guy that walks into a movie theater? You know, like James Holmes in Colorado?

There are people of all colors, creeds, shapes, sizes, etc. that are going to try and harm others. Picking out one group to hate is a pretty basic definition of racism. In this world we all need to be aware of what is going on around us. And even that might not be enough if you are unlucky enough to be in the wrong place.

By the way Chechens are not Middle Eastern. Their country is now part of the Russian Federation, carved out of the southern border of Russia itself, and their background is more European and Caucasian. Not all Muslims are Middle Eastern. Most Muslims are not Middle Eastern.

There are people of all colors, creeds, shapes, sizes, etc. that are going to try and harm others. Picking out one group to hate is a pretty basic definition of racism. In this world we all need to be aware of what is going on around us. And even that might not be enough if you are unlucky enough to be in the wrong place.

By the way Chechens are not Middle Eastern. Their country is now part of the Russian Federation, carved out of the southern border of Russia itself, and their background is more European and Caucasian. Not all Muslims are Middle Eastern. Most Muslims are not Middle Eastern.

You keep bringing up the word "hate" and insinuating that when you reply to almost all my posts. Find a post where I used that word.

I used the 4 Middle Eastern men as an example to try to get a point across but I appreciate the history lesson.

We see this vastly different. Might be best to let it go on both sides.

Nope, I don't even own a TV. And to be honest, I'm fairly politically apathetic (Yes, I know that drives a lot of people nuts), so a lot of this left wing/right wing crap goes straight over my head.

Yes, Americans should be more attentive of their surroundings, including world events. I just think that applies to being more attentive to everyone, not saying we need to look closely at a specific religion as a whole. I have several Muslim friends who, despite being as abhorred by 9/11 as the rest of us, were treated like absolute trash for a few years in the aftermath because of their faith. That's the problem with looking at a group 'as a whole'...it has a tendency to lead to abuse via racial/religion profiling for a lot of people who love this country just as much as you do.

Nope, I don't even own a TV. And to be honest, I'm fairly politically apathetic (Yes, I know that drives a lot of people nuts), so a lot of this left wing/right wing crap goes straight over my head.

Yes, Americans should be more attentive of their surroundings, including world events. I just think that applies to being more attentive to everyone, not saying we need to look closely at a specific religion as a whole. I have several Muslim friends who, despite being as abhorred by 9/11 as the rest of us, were treated like absolute trash for a few years in the aftermath because of their faith. That's the problem with looking at a group 'as a whole'...it has a tendency to lead to abuse via racial/religion profiling for a lot of people who love this country just as much as you do.

Fair enough.

And from all accounts #1 and #2 seemed to love this country as much as you do...until Monday.

You keep bringing up the word "hate" and insinuating that when you reply to almost all my posts. Find a post where I used that word.

I used the 4 Middle Eastern men as an example to try to get a point across but I appreciate the history lesson.

We see this vastly different. Might be best to let it go on both sides.

Hate is the word that comes to mind when you are so focused on blaming an entire religion for the actions of individuals or smaller groups. I've noticed that you keep mentioning that people are only human, so it is somehow natural to be suspicious or upset with an entire group. That sounds more like ignorance than "being human". How about Muslims, do you consider them human? Are they going to be suspicious if 4 Middle Eastern men walk into the hockey game tonight? You said it would only be human to do so.

If you don't think its human nature to be cautious of black people if I later found out three out of my four wallets were stolen by black people....thats all the point is. We all already know every group of people have extremists. If I run a abortion clinic should I be more naturally cautious of the left or right?

• Upvote 1

People are people, and thoseo who hate to the point of mass murder are just criminals- white,black,Arab,Asian,Indian, good people of the world are united....wel all want to suppor5 prosperity and peace. My 2 1/2 year old justo called a Muslim, an Asian, and a white kid his "brothers" at daycare- one sego of parents upon hearing this cried.

We are la nation of immigrants, and goodness pal ways triumphs..

God bless all good people of this world

• Upvote 1

So that dozen or 2 people represent all Muslims? They belong to the radical extremist group of Muslims. Not all Muslims hate America. There are similar extremist groups in other religions, and in other colors. How about the white supremacist groups? The Westboro Baptist Church? They don't represent all Christians any more than the 9/11 terrorists or these idiot brothers represent all Muslims. If you can't see that you have some serious problems.

Yeah you can't judge an entire group of people based upon the actions of a few....Unfortunately with Muslims it is the few rotten 112 million that spoil if for the rest.

• Upvote 1

Yeah you can't judge an entire group of people based upon the actions of a few....Unfortunately with Muslims it is the few rotten 112 million that spoil if for the rest.

Out of 1.6 billion Muslims in the world, and the vast majority of them live in very poor countries on the other side of the planet with very little chance of even trying to come to the United States. The only interaction most of them have with US citizens is with the US military.

If you don't think its human nature to be cautious of black people if I later found out three out of my four wallets were stolen by black people....thats all the point is. We all already know every group of people have extremists. If I run a abortion clinic should I be more naturally cautious of the left or right?

Thank you!

I never said anywhere to "hate" an entire group of people, but yet some liberal, "educated", enabling, apologists on this site want to then to vilify those, including me, for being "racist, hateful and ignorant" for views that differ from theirs. I'm very comforable with my personal stance so keep firing away if it makes you feel better.

Your example above draws on human nature and in no way makes one a racist, hateful or ignorant for being more cautious, alert and discerning around "group" of people that have harmed you repeatedly.

The "white guy" arguments thrown around hold no water as those are tragic acts of RANDOM violence. What do all Muslim acts of violence and terror on the USA and our people, 9/11, Boston, Ft. Hood, USS Cole, ect..., have in common??? Islam and it's radical interpretation of it and because of this these are NEVER acts of RANDOM violence.

As to 82Sioux and his repeated history lessons...what are the 5 top five countries and it's people that "hate", your favorite word, the USA??? Egypt, Algeria, Lebanon, Palestine and Pakistan. See anything these countries all have in common? And if some of them had the means to come to this country to do what just happened in Boston don't you think they would??? Does that make all those people bad or evil...no but as Cratter mentioned above it is human nature to look at things, situations, and people differently in the face of repeated acts of violence/terror perpetrated by a group with a common link/theme.

And maybe I have more skin in this game than most having lost someone close to my family overseas at the hands of the same type of cowards we witnessed in Boston that shapes my perspective. Racist?? Ignorant?? Hateful?? I guess a "rush to judgement" in using this terms has been made by some of the same people on this thread that told us not to do that to #1 and #2 when this was all unfolding. Ironic or hypocritical??