SiouxSports.com Forum

Gwoz resigns

dmksioux

If I'm Gwoz, why not take less money to get back in the game ASAP and stick it to Denver?

The timing of Whitehead's firing certainly raises some questions...

I'd think he'd like to get them by coaching an NCHC school... Miami? Wait a year until something goes sour with one of the programs...other than DU, of course!

CSU...Budwesier Events Center...right down the road from them. 5000 + seat hockey arena.. Could share it with the Colorado Eagles. C'mon Gwoz! You could schedule CC/Air Force/Omaha/Huntseville...etc.. (DU wouldn't schedule them. Too stuck up. They are the Minnesota of the Rocky Mt. Region...)

How many does Scheels arena hold? I'm just sayin...... He's a great antagonist.

How many does Scheels arena hold? I'm just sayin...... He's a great antagonist.

Start a new conference. NDSU/CSU/CU/Huntsville/Iowa State/Illinois @ Chicago. They could schedule WCHA interconference games.

Yup... (Okay, I won't quit my day job...)

Exactly. And they could seduce him with the fine shopping, decadent restaurants, and cultural excitement. Oh, wait...

Maybe he really likes potatoes? ???

I'd trade summers in Denver for summers in Bar Harbor in a heartbeat, and that's when you have some down time. Maine is plenty attractive as a place to live. And their fan base is much more passionate than Denver's, the eastern version of UND. It's a very desirable job.

If I'm Gwoz, why not take less money to get back in the game ASAP and stick it to Denver?

The timing of Whitehead's firing certainly raises some questions...

Didn't Gwoz have a year left on his contract? That means a buyout of some kind. He doesn't have to rush into a new job if he doesn't want to. It may be difficult to go from a metro area like Denver to a rural area like Maine. It depends on what he likes outside of coaching. He has options and can probably do what he wants rather than having to make a decision right away.

Didn't Gwoz have a year left on his contract? That means a buyout of some kind. He doesn't have to rush into a new job if he doesn't want to. It may be difficult to go from a metro area like Denver to a rural area like Maine. It depends on what he likes outside of coaching. He has options and can probably do what he wants rather than having to make a decision right away.

Maine is a program with a solid fan base and its THE game in town, not lost in the Avalanche, Nuggets, and Rockies shuffle...I would bet he's at least willing to listen to offers...

The Miami job will be Blasi's for a long time...he's not going anywhere.

I'd trade summers in Denver for summers in Bar Harbor in a heartbeat, and that's when you have some down time. Maine is plenty attractive as a place to live. And their fan base is much more passionate than Denver's, the eastern version of UND. It's a very desirable job.

I know (though I prefer the Camden harbor). I agree it's a very desirable job; I was just being a little facetious. He's spent 20 years in a metro area near mountains. A small town without much more than hockey, trees, and moose (meese? moosen?) to its name might be a bit of a culture shock. :)

Maybe Gwoz takes a year off and waits for Red to retire? That'd be a big time program.

Back on topic, I would love to see Gwoz take on a school like Maine or Alaska-Anchorage (or Lake Superior State, even better) and put them back on the NCAA map.

I can see Gwoz going ECAC, Hockey East, NCHC, or Big Ten, but I just can't see him choosing a 'new WCHA' school.