SiouxSports.com Forum

Lets go over THIS years recruits only

Dolphinswin

Would be a huge bonus to add ausmus. Young in college hockey terms but damn solid d men coming in next season! If so then it adds another local kid to the team. In two years half of the team will be local/minny kids.

Would be a huge bonus to add ausmus. Young in college hockey terms but damn solid d men coming in next season! If so then it adds another local kid to the team. In two years half of the team will be local/minny kids.

Nice to see you join the party, AZSIOUX. You always have good insight into recruits. What's your secret?

Ok it seems like we're talking about a commited recruit and one that could come here so who's who, a kid in Russia and one that decommited from DU? Can someone explain

What Wilbur said. Plus, he is currently playing in a tournament in Russia. The rumor is that he will be choosing UND as his new college.

Ok it seems like we're talking about a commited recruit and one that could come here so who's who, a kid in Russia and one that decommited from DU? Can someone explain

Google him. Top notch recruit, most likely will go in Rounds 2-4 in this years draft.

While I would personally feel much more optimistic about next year's D-core with the additional of a stay-at-home guy like Ausmus; I am also concerned about the possible consequences of UND adding him to the mix would cause. It seems like UND has a stockpile of D-recruits, so asking 1-2 recruits to delay a year (or two) could result in the loss of said recruit. Its a dual-edged sword....pick up a great recruit now, possibly lose one in the next year or two........

While I would personally feel much more optimistic about next year's D-core with the additional of a stay-at-home guy like Ausmus; I am also concerned about the possible consequences of UND adding him to the mix would cause. It seems like UND has a stockpile of D-recruits, so asking 1-2 recruits to delay a year (or two) could result in the loss of said recruit. Its a dual-edged sword....pick up a great recruit now, possibly lose one in the next year or two........

I agree with you here. I wonder how this will affect a guy like Stecher who is a top notch recruit who seems ready for college hockey this year. I wonder how he would feel about playing another year of juniors. I'm sure the coaches have been up front with him and he is aware of the situation. I also think we may never see Crisfield on campus.

Someone posted about Dillon Simpson almost being eligible to play Junior once he's done at UND-

There were several guys on the Quinnipiac team this year that are OLDER than Jonathan Toews!

Andrew Miller, Yale's captain, is the same birth year as Toewser- although JT is slightly older...

Right now, I take LaDue and it's not even close. Long term, Thompson has a ton of upside and could end up being the best of the bunch.

Agreed. I think LaDue will play above being a Freshman next season. Give Thompson a year or two, and he'll be the best defenseman on the team. I'm excited to see if his skating ability has improved since the last time I saw him live. Of all the players in that group I think Thompson is the one with the most talent.

Right now, I take LaDue and it's not even close. Long term, Thompson has a ton of upside and could end up being the best of the bunch.

In my opinion, LaDue, Thompson, Ausmus, Stecher are all close to being Top-10 dman recruits for next year. The others I would include in the Top 10 are Ian McCoshen, Will Butcher, Steve Santini, Connor Clifton, Michael Downing, and Tom Vannelli. I think LaDue will have the biggest freshman impact of any of those players I just listed, except maybe McCoshen.

Agreed. I think LaDue will play above being a Freshman next season. Give Thompson a year or two, and he'll be the best defenseman on the team. I'm excited to see if his skating ability has improved since the last time I saw him live. Of all the players in that group I think Thompson is the one with the most talent.

Interested to see if LaDue's or Thompson's skating ability have improved? I have seen both players recently, and I would say that skating is a strength for both of them. Thompson will be our best skating defenseman next year (I haven't seen Stecher play, so I can't comment on him).

Interested to see if LaDue's or Thompson's skating ability have improved? I have seen both players recently, and I would say that skating is a strength for both of them. Thompson will be our best skating defenseman next year (I haven't seen Stecher play, so I can't comment on him).

I'm talking has gotten better from what was already exceptional. Thompson may be the best skater on the team next season, Rocco included.