SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs MICHIGAN TECH - Saturday Game 2

AZSIOUX

Thoughts:

~Can't care for the last ten minutes of the game. That second period just sucked the life out of the building.

~Rocco is worse than snake bitten....I'm not sure what you call it......

~Although he's snake bitten, Rocco has to be on the top unit. O'Donnell was just invisible.

~Made an average goalie look good. Those saves he's making if UND goes upstairs they score. Give him credit for making the saves though.

Pretty frustrating game and really not a real great game, a lot of guys need to bring more energy and intensity. I thought we made the goalie look a lot better than he actually was and at some point guys need to finish. Grimaldi, Gaarder, and Mitch had about 3 or more chances each and didn't do anything with them. Rocco really has to cut down the number of turnovers and giveaways to with the blind passes and just throwing it in front, if there is nothing there he needs to throw it back in the corner and continue cycling the puck. Copley was very shakey early and we let him get more comfortable and didn't take advantage of some of the rebounds he gave. I don't know about anyone else but I feel a lot more comfortable with Zane in the net and wouldn't be at all suprised to see him in tomorrow. I really noticed tonight how Saunders really has trouble with controlling rebounds and seems to be out of position a lot. Regardless of who is in the lineup tomorrow night the guys have to find a way to get it done and come with a lot better play and more intensity.

Hack says they'll be ready to play tomorrow night. Why weren't they the past 2 nights?

They were saving themselves for a final March surge?

Honestly, at this point in the season if we can't put away Tech in our own barn, what the hell is wrong with the program?

• Upvote 1