SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Bemidji State

AZSIOUX

I'm assuming Saturday night's game is Senior Night (any chance we see a start from Tate?). Can't believe it's that time already...what a heckuva great group of character guys: Mac, Kristo, Knight, Gleason, Rowney, and Maris.

Great group of seniors who are playing very well right now! Hope you're not serious about starting Tate :) Bemidji will play UND tougher than anyone on their schedule. These seniors will go out with a stick salute and I'm sure a NY Yankees style roll call by the students of each senior player! Go sioux sweep the beavs

Will be in mesa, az next week and will be looking for a place (bar?) to watch the Friday and Saturday Bemidji vs Fighting Sioux hockey game. Will any BWW's in that area be showing the game and will there be other Sioux fans in attendance that may be watching the game? Also going to Thursday evenings Coyotes vs Wild game. I am going to wear my green Sioux jersey! Also will do some business while down there and have arranged a tour of the Phoenix Arena.

I touched on this a few week ago but still irked (right word?) regarding the Goofers home/away schedule in comparison to UND's. Does RPI/Pairwise take into account the strength of schedule based only on who you play, regardless where, or does it also measure into that where you play them (home or away)? If not, it should.

I looked at the top 25 rankings and, based on that, below is a schedule comparison (strength) of home & road games this season for both Minn & UND. A very nice home vs road schedule (I realize Minn) doesn't control the conf home/away schedule but they sure do the non-conf schedule) for the Goofers this season.

Goofers: 12 home games vs teams currently ranked in the top 25 / Just 6 away games vs teams ranked in top 25.

(Minn does not play UND, UNO nor Den on the road this season, that sure helps in battle for WCHA pts.)

Sioux: Play 8 home games vs teams currently ranked in top 25 / Play a whopping 13 away games vs teams ranked in top 25.

Would love to see Maris in a game. My question is.....they have to get permission from Bemidji to dress a 21st player (always a goaltender). Would Tate be eligible to play then if he's listed as the third goaltender and the 21st man on the roster?

Love what he's done, but if the starter gets hurt and Tate is the primary backup, not sure Tate is the guy that should be in the net. If they're up 6-1 in the third....hell yes.

Will be in mesa, az next week and will be looking for a place (bar?) to watch the Friday and Saturday Bemidji vs Fighting Sioux hockey game. Will any BWW's in that area be showing the game and will there be other Sioux fans in attendance that may be watching the game? Also going to Thursday evenings Coyotes vs Wild game. I am going to wear my green Sioux jersey! Also will do some business while down there and have arranged a tour of the Phoenix Arena.

http://www.rtosullivans.com/

Would love to see Maris in a game. My question is.....they have to get permission from Bemidji to dress a 21st player (always a goaltender). Would Tate be eligible to play then if he's listed as the third goaltender and the 21st man on the roster?

Love what he's done, but if the starter gets hurt and Tate is the primary backup, not sure Tate is the guy that should be in the net. If they're up 6-1 in the third....hell yes.

Pretty sure Tate always dresses for home games. He's in charge of the bench door.

My question is......even though he dresses for those home games, is he eligible to play? This is of course because teams are only allowed 20 rostered players a game.

Most home teams will dress the third goalie as a reward....Denver does, Goldy....etc.

My question is......even though he dresses for those home games, is he eligible to play? This is of course because teams are only allowed 20 rostered players a game.

Most home teams will dress the third goalie as a reward....Denver does, Goldy....etc.

Close....Maximum of a 18 skaters and three goalies can dress. For exhibition games, teams are allowed 21 skaters and three goalies. Tate would be eligible to play.

Holy Cross dressed three goalies both nights against us this year.