SiouxSports.com Forum

Indoor Practice Facility Coming Soon!

Sioux10Fan

• 2 weeks later...

Still no sign that the IPF has received city approval:

http://gfplanning.weebly.com/

Sounds like there is finally money to redo the Bison Sports Arena. As impatient as we were for the IPF, the fund raising for the SHAC took forever in comparison. Thought after all the football success, bison fans were thinking bison big wigs would flip all kinds of coin to the SHAC in celebration. Plenty of coin, but all pennies, apparently!

UND Coaches Anxiously Await Indoor Practice Facility -

Tabbed as the UND Athletics High Performance Center, the 20 million dollar project is set to break ground this fall.

Kevin Galbraith,UND head track coach: "It's such a huge leap, it takes us out of where we are and takes us to a whole new world."That world will soon become the pride and joy of the UND track team.Galbraith: "Just being able to host meets, being able to have a real home that we can be proud to show people and have opportunities to train and do the training when we need it, I almost can't quantify it."

And although a date is not set on when the facility will open its doors, some are already making plans.Mussman: "Much to the chagrin of the guys, we will get in there bright and early in the morning and kind of free up the afternoon. We've already mapped out the schedule as to once it's open."

I am assuming that UND's High Performance Center is going to put this place to shame:

(I suggest setting it to 1080 and watching in full screen to even begin to catch all of the little details)

My favorite quote, "You do not build this place unless you are thinking about being the very best." I hope that UND takes that attitude when completing phase 2. If we are going to do this, let's do it right.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I was in Lincoln, NE for work this week at a customer's site and a couple Cornhusker football players work at the company I was visiting.  I got a tour of their stadium and facilities from one of the players.  Here is their indoor practice facility, it is nice but ours looks to be bigger since it also has a track. Suh donated a bunch of money for their weight room I guess, looks very nice....as does their locker room.  Thought I would share.

post-9367-0-69156500-1437014941_thumb.jp

post-9367-0-29064700-1437014956_thumb.jp

I was in Lincoln, NE for work this week at a customer's site and a couple Cornhusker football players work at the company I was visiting. I got a tour of their stadium and facilities from one of the players. Here is their indoor practice facility, it is nice but ours looks to be bigger since it also has a track. Suh donated a bunch of money for their weight room I guess, looks very nice....as does their locker room. Thought I would share.

It's nice...I saw it once. I think ours...with a good weightroom, lockers, etc., has the potential to be nicer and better for many more programs on campus.

This is huge for UND.