SiouxSports.com Forum

Indoor Practice Facility Coming Soon!

Sioux10Fan

Heard that the IPF will begin construction this summer/fall with completion of phase 1 by next summer. However, I heard the athletic offices as well as some coaching offices will remain in the Hyslop. If that is the case I will be somewhat disappointed that they haven't raised the funds for the total project yet. Ideally, I would much rather them do the project right the first time rather than do the whole start then stop then restart thing.

As far as the football stadium talk goes, is that just wishful thinking or has there been legitimate discussions about the potential for some high end donors contributing to a project in the future?

They still have some money to raise for Phase 2, which involves mainly office space. They hope to have the money raised in time to keep the construction rolling right through both phases, but don't know if that will be possible. Getting started now before they have all the money raised for Phase 2 is important because of the calendar. If they waited to raise the money they wouldn't be able to start during this construction season, which would delay the project a full year. I would rather have them get started right away and get players in the building sooner rather than later.

Some of the sports offices will remain in Hyslop even after the IPF is completed. I believe that baseball, softball, swimming and diving will stay at Hyslop, maybe others. Football, soccer, track and field, golf and probably cross country will move the IPF. Not sure about where the tennis offices will be. Of course, volleyball, both hockey and both basketball teams will stay where they are. I probably missed someone, but that covers most of the teams.

There are some rumors that a couple of deep pocketed donors may have an interest in supporting a stadium at some time. Nothing will be happening in the next few years. Not sure whether it will happen in the future or not. But UND has a plan in place to make it happen if the donors come through.

• Upvote 1

word around town is more seats in the REA will be sold.... Demo should finish by end of August and will start end of June or beginning of July...Also hearing the memorial stadium to be demo'd in the next 2-3 years to make way for another facility. Source didn't know what type of facility it will be

Very good info 82Sioux. I understand wanting to get it started ASAP I just don't want them to start phase 1 and then never follow through with phase 2 and have the project be half a$$. I think the IPF has the potential to take our athletics to the next level and even though I find it hard to believe, if they find big donors for a new football stadium I think that the athletic department takes a jump that most of us can't even comprehend. Getting the games back on campus would totally change the quality, attendance, and vibe of the entire football program.

word around town is more seats in the REA will be sold.... Demo should finish by end of August and will start end of June or beginning of July...Also hearing the memorial stadium to be demo'd in the next 2-3 years to make way for another facility. Source didn't know what type of facility it will be

I'm not so sure on the 2nd part of your comment. The plan has always been to leave that for the possibility and hope of football returning to campus someday (though a long ways off at this point in time). I can't think of anything else they would logically put there.

As for construction, I understand that Phase 1 and 2 can be done separately with no issues or together with no interruption. Hopefully seeing actual progress will encourage people to donate a little more and get everything completed as quickly as possible. If the weather cooperates, we should be seeing progress very soon.

As for construction, I understand that Phase 1 and 2 can be done separately with no issues or together with no interruption. Hopefully seeing actual progress will encourage people to donate a little more and get everything completed as quickly as possible. If the weather cooperates, we should be seeing progress very soon.

I'm thinking it will be easier to get a lot of donors for the actual "education" part of the IPF than the sports part. I'd assume that's why they did the sports part first, as most donors feel better about contributing towards education.

I'm thinking it will be easier to get a lot of donors for the actual "education" part of the IPF than the sports part. I'd assume that's why they did the sports part first, as most donors feel better about contributing towards education.

Or because the sports part is basically the entire building. They already have existing facilities for what phase 2 encompasses but not phase 1.

Can anyone explain this statement from Faison? Is it weather related?

“This spring is the absolute example of why this facility is necessary.

Considering the football team had trouble getting in spring practice, the baseball team couldn't practice outside, the softball team couldn't practice outside, the track and field teams couldn't practice outside and the golf team couldn't practice outside, all because of snow on the ground most of the spring, I'm pretty sure he was referring to the weather.

I might have to get a couple of seats from the old place. Are they still selling that stuff?

They sold them a few years back and I have heard that they planned on selling some again but haven't heard anything concrete.

Yesterday, when I commented that "North Dakota" was a troll because he wanted real teams like Iowa St, Kansas, and Kansas St, "North Dakota" PM'ed me in his best impersonation of Travis Beck:

Sent Yesterday, 04:25 PM

Not sure who the !@#$ you think I am, but if you got something to say to my face maybe we should settle it. When and where?

http://forum.siouxsp...120#entry631471

This board has more than its share of deceitful weasel bison fans, who seemingly don't possess ethics, impersonating themselves as UND fans on this board. Never once has "North Dakota" ever posted anything but snarky comments.

• Upvote 1

Yesterday, when I commented that "North Dakota" was a troll because he wanted real teams like Iowa St, Kansas, and Kansas St, "North Dakota" PM'ed me in his best impersonation of Travis Beck:

http://forum.siouxsp...120#entry631471

This board has more than its share of deceitful weasel bison fans, who seemingly don't possess ethics, impersonating themselves as UND fans on this board. Never once has "North Dakota" ever posted anything but snarky comments.

Unfortunately, that is how the NDSU faithful roll - I have had worse pm/emails and a hacked account - that fan base in unbelievable.