SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Denver

AZSIOUX

In New Orleans and just talked to Jeremey Roenick. Told him he was my second favorite American born hockey player. He said who's #1 and I said TJ Oshie. He said they call him JR Junior. Asked him to plug UND big time the next time he's on the tube and he said Friday night he has my back. Hoping he's a man of his word.

Interesting. My dad is too. I'm assuming you work for Frito? He also told my dad that he was going to give ND a shoutout.

Watched media day and Kristo has a interesting angle on the Denver rivalry. Says for the Canadian players its the biggest rivalry. Similar recruiting areas ect...

Makes sense to me. Crush DU! Mac hates them the most, that works for me! :)

I'm just curious. How does UND travel on longer trips like this one to Denver. Do they take a bus or do they fly and have a bus take their equipment and be available for use when they get to Denver? Or, do they just take all of the equipment on a flight and hire transportation when they get there?

Thanks.

I'm just curious. How does UND travel on longer trips like this one to Denver. Do they take a bus or do they fly and have a bus take their equipment and be available for use when they get to Denver? Or, do they just take all of the equipment on a flight and hire transportation when they get there?

Thanks.

We had our family picture taken with the Sioux bus at Colorado Springs in 2011. We talked with the drivers and they said the team flew down but the bus drove down with all of the gear.

Big games this weekend in the WCHA. St. Cloud has to go to CC and they can open it up and skate with st cloud. If umd can sneak a point out that would nice. I think this WCHA race will come down to that final weekend in Mankato

I am torn with the CC St. Cloud series. On one hand St. Cloud knocking CC out as a TUC would really help us in the pairwise/NCAA Tournament positioning, but on the other hand if St. Cloud walks out of CC with 4 points our chances at a piece of the McNaughton shrink to almost nothing considering a split is probably the most probable of outcomes this weekend. It could come down to what's the better choice, winning the league or having the last change in a Regional final against a possible BC, UNH, or even Minny opponent given the rest of the season falls into place for us.

This weekend is huge for both teams. I can't see us getting swept nor sweeping, I'm hoping for 2-3 pts out of this weekend and we should be a great shape going into the final 2 series of the season.

Home ice isn't as important as being in the top 3. I'd hate to finish 5th this year and then have to play a tough 3 game series, even if it's at home. The WCHA stretch from the home ice series ---to final five --- is the toughest stretch in college hockey by far. I think it hurts teams rather than helps them when it comes to a one and done game in the NCAA tourney.

Thanks.

They charter on Pinnacle or Skywest. This week they left last night on delta 4436 a pinnacle flight and come back as delta 9780 a Skywest flight. Both men and women fly to Wisconsin. The men flew to south bend cc Denver as well. The women chartered to osu. They try and take as much on the airplane but a crj 200 bin can't fit it all so the big stuff gets fedexed.

Anyone know any options for viewing this weekend games in "establishments" in the Phoenix, Mesa area?

RTO sullivans in Mesa always has sioux fans! Friday night is on nbcsports so any sports bar will have it on. Saturday I'm not sure on any tv details yet??

I believe Saturday is on Root Sports Rocky Mountain for those of us with the DirecTV sports pack.

You are correct. Thanks for the info.

So...according to direct TV guide

Friday direct tv 220 - 9pm

Saturday direct tv 683 - 8pm

RTO sullivans in Mesa always has sioux fans! Friday night is on nbcsports so any sports bar will have it on. Saturday I'm not sure on any tv details yet??

Give the new location. RTO's on Stapley at the 60 in the southwest corner. Saturday could be a problem though because UFC pay-per-view will be on.

Give the new location. RTO's on Stapley at the 60 in the southwest corner. Saturday could be a problem though because UFC pay-per-view will be on.

Yeah will be UFC but they should have a tv or 2 for the sioux games. But any sports bar should have both games with direct tv