SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Minnesota

AZSIOUX

Not sure why anyone is really being negative about the Sioux chances. The only advantage I see for Minnesota is the big ice and the propensity to get the calls in their own building. Sioux have 2 of the top 3 scorers in the nation, veteran team this year forwards and defense. They have already played BU and Notre Dame and now it's time for Minnesota. 5 on 5 Sioux win both games. Throw in the power play though I'm guessing a split. Traditionally in Minnesota the Gophers have twice as many power play chances as the Sioux. If for some reason power plays are equal both nights, Sioux Sweep!

I'm looking for Grimaldi to break out this weekend, use his speed to set up a couple of goals and score a couple too.

These games should be high scoring and entertaining affairs but Sioux win Friday and then we'll see what happens Saturday. Remember the old adage:

Win Friday, Sweep Saturday.

These games should be high scoring and entertaining affairs but Sioux win Friday and then we'll see what happens Saturday.

I dont see high scoring games at all. Gophers give up 22 shots a game and 1.82 goals. Sioux aren't bad in that regard either, I believe 20th or so in the nation in goals allowed? I see a pair of 3-2 games unless there's an empty netter. I'll predict a split like I do every time these two get together for a series.

I dont see high scoring games at all. Gophers give up 22 shots a game and 1.82 goals. Sioux aren't bad in that regard either, I believe 20th or so in the nation in goals allowed? I see a pair of 3-2 games unless there's an empty netter. I'll predict a split like I do every time these two get together for a series.

You focused on the defense I focused on the offense. Minnesota is number one in the nation scoring 3.82 gpg. North Dakota is number six scoring 3.45 gpg.

If by tradition you mean the Sioux holding a 34-30 edge in power play opportunities since 2008 at Mariucci Arena, then yes, twice as many.

UND: 1-34

UM: 3-30

It doesn't matter how many facts we provide to debunk their ridiculous, and quite honestly embarrassing conspiracy claims. They will forever be screwed by the refs when they play the Gophers. They love built in excuses for after they lose.

It doesn't matter how many facts we provide to debunk their ridiculous, and quite honestly embarrassing conspiracy claims. They will forever be screwed by the refs when they play the Gophers. They love built in excuses for after they lose.

Similar to when you go over to GPL and all that Gopher fans talk about is what goons UND are, etc. And then someone posts the actual penalty minutes.

Just admit that both sides have their "crazies" and accept it. :)

Similar to when you go over to GPL and all that Gopher fans talk about is what goons UND are, etc. And then someone posts the actual penalty minutes.

Just admit that both sides have their "crazies" and accept it. :)

Thank you.

Mariucci, is Haula expected to play this weekend and if so, what do you think your lines will look like. I haven't watched a Gopher game this year since Warning has been back so I am unfamiliar with their full-strength lineup. Do you expect a specific defensive pairing to match up with the Knight-Kristo line?

Thank you.

Mariucci, is Haula expected to play this weekend and if so, what do you think your lines will look like. I haven't watched a Gopher game this year since Warning has been back so I am unfamiliar with their full-strength lineup. Do you expect a specific defensive pairing to match up with the Knight-Kristo line?

Haula is a game time decision--someone on GPL said he practiced with the team today.

Rau-Bjugstad-Isackson

Warning-Condon-Budish

Ambroz-Boyd-Serratore

4th line is anyone guess but will most likely be Extra D--R. Reilly--J. Holl

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it against the goofs that he got hurt last year? That may also be motivation. I am so looking forward to this series. I hope UND comes out and shows that there is more than the goofs for elite teams in the WCHA.

No he was actually hurt before the season even started.

Haula is a game time decision--someone on GPL said he practiced with the team today.

Rau-Bjugstad-Isackson

Warning-Condon-Budish

Ambroz-Boyd-Serratore

No Alt this weekend?

Rau-Bjugstad-Isackson

Warning-Condon-Budish

Ambroz-Boyd-Serratore

If Haula plays I think Condon joins Rau and Bjugstad with Haula centering Warning and Budish. I believe those were the top two lines for the Air Force game before Haula left.