SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs HOLY CROSS - Saturday

AZSIOUX

Thanks

Besides the kid from Bentley (seriously have never heard of Bentley until I looked at these stats) Walters, Leblanc and Schwartz have played 3 games more than Corban. 1 of those remember Corban suspended opening game.

Have to take my hat off to holy cross. Played their hearts out. Blocked a ton of shots, did a lot of little things extremely well.

Tonight's win can be attributed to getting the puck to the net. Too many fancy plays with too many passes almost cost them. Tonight is a good one to quote the great one....."you miss 100% of the shots you don't take".

How huge is it having Parks back in the lineup? So good along the wall and in front of the net.

And I'm guessing he's not even "up to speed" quite yet either.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the lines with Grimaldi back next week...

Parks found a home on 1st line.

Rocco goes back w Rowney and Cagguila.

Just don't see alot from O'Donnell game in and game out. Watching again this weekend don't see how you sit Gaarder in favor of O'Donnell or Rodwell.

If Hak keeps the Mac brother line intact, I wouldn't mind a 4th line of the General Colton and Conner next weekend.

So what is the rule? I thought if the goalie was pulled and the player was shooting on a empty net and get a penalty it was an auto goal?

To add to your question I have one also. If the goalie has been pulled and a penalty shot is called do they get to put the goalie back in? Which is like your question in the fact if the penalty had not occurred a goal would have been scored.

To add to your question I have one also. If the goalie has been pulled and a penalty shot is called do they get to put the goalie back in? Which is like your question in the fact if the penalty had not occurred a goal would have been scored.

I believe it's supposed to be a penalty as well.

More coaching criticism...I believe I saw this on another thread. Any moves that you LIKE out of USA or UND coaches?

That sounds like a great discussion. Let's name all the coaching decisions we have agreed with down through the years. How exciting!

How bout a referee appreciation thread while we're at it?

No, wait, I got it: Let's all name our choice for best one-game reffing performance ever by an NHL ref! You go first!

• Upvote 2

That sounds like a great discussion. Let's name all the coaching decisions we have agreed with down through the years. How exciting!

No, wait, I got it: Let's all name our choice for best one-game reffing performance ever by an NHL ref! You go first!

MafiaMan I have to give him a stick tap for that one, that was a funny comment.

Seriously, dude, get some help. A UND goalie gives up two first period goals in an early January game against Holy Cross and you're hitting the panic button?

At least Phil Housley wasn't coaching UND last night or you might have wandered down to the dressing room between periods and beaten him with Rocco's skate.

Seriously, dude, get some help. A UND goalie gives up two first period goals in an early January game against Holy Cross and you're hitting the panic button?

At least Phil Housley wasn't coaching UND last night or you might have wandered down to the dressing room between periods and beaten him with Rocco's skate.

OK, dude, I apologize. I saw two weak goals and we have a young guy in Gothberg who hasn't gotten many starts and I just posted what I was thinking.

no need to get upset about it.

p.s. Good thing Phil smartened up and played Rocco in the semis and final, huh? I Still don't like the benching of Rocco. Get over it.

OK, dude, I apologize. I saw two weak goals and we have a young guy in Gothberg who hasn't gotten many starts and I just posted what I was thinking.

no need to get upset about it.

Who's upset? I've dealt with far more snarky comments from Gopher fans surrounding me at the Final Five every year than on siouxsports.com.

p.s. Good thing Phil smartened up and played Rocco in the semis and finals, huh? Still don't like the benching of Rocco. Get over it.

LOL...yea, because the true message to Rocco would have been to bench him for the title game. The quarterfinal game was a message and Rocco got it. You would be calling for Housley's head if Rocco was on the last shift of the game in that blow-out and got injured.

Head on over to www.ponyhockey.com, look up Phil's e-mail address or call the number listed for him and tell him how you would have handled the situation better. Good luck!

My apologies for venturing off-topic. Holy Cross played well last night.

• Upvote 1