SiouxSports.com Forum

FAN VOTE: Greatest Sioux Jersey Ever Tournament!

Big A HG

TournamentLogoMedium_zpsdf47ef98.png

VOTE NOW BY CLICKING ABOVE GRAPHIC OR CLICKING HERE!!

Now that the Sioux nickname era has come to an end, it's time to determine which jersey will go down as the fan favorite of All-Time.

about: The winner will be determined by you, the fans. The tournament will be in bracket format. I've narrowed down the field to 16, now it's up to YOU to VOTE and determine a winner! I've chosen eight home white jerseys as well as eight dark jerseys with each white jersey going against a dark in the first round. There are four Divisions of four jerseys, each named after the four National Championship winning Sioux coaches. The bracket is also divided into two Regions, those named after two of the most influential people in Sioux hockey history. The divisons/regions are there to help divide up the voting and for you to discuss which division/region you think is going to win!

WHEN: Voting is now open! Each round of voting will last one week, starting December 26, 2012.

-Gasparini & May Divisions --- 12/26/12 - 1/2/13

-Blais & Thorndycraft Divisions --- 1/2/13 - 1/9/13

-Engelstad Regional Semi-Finals --- 1/9/13 - 1/16/13

-Purpur Regional Semi-Finals --- 1/16/13 - 1/23/13

-Semi-Finals --- 1/23/13 - 1/30/13

-Championship --- 1/30/13 - 2/6/13

Check out the bracket to see how things stack up right now:

Bracket_VrySmall_zps5b6206d2.png

Which jerseys are your favorites? What's your favorite first round matchups?? Vote now!

HELP SPREAD THE WORD ON FACEBOOK! Check out the Event Page by Clicking Here! (Don't forget to 'Like' the Sioux-Jersey.com page while you're at it!)

Also, for all you tweeters.... @siouxjersey #greatestsiouxjersey

Thanks for voting!

Round Two of voting is now live! CLICK HERE TO VOTE IN ROUND 2!

Thanks to all who voted in the first round. In one week we will have the "Elite 8" of Sioux jerseys decided. :)

Here's how the first round broke down:

1950-54 White - 29%

1980-82 Green - 71%

1954-58 White - 16%

2002-06 Black - 84%

1958-60 White - 85%

1950-57 Green - 15%

2009-11 White - 46%

2006-07 Black - 54%

Who'd you vote for in round one? Which is your favorite in round two of voting? Any surprises moving on so far?

Bracket_010213_Medium_zpsc315d50f.png

CLICK HERE TO VOTE IN ROUND 2!

Don't forget to check out the Facebook page and follow on Twitter! (links above)

I predict an 87 white vs. 07 swift final. That's gonna be a tough decision!

Kudos for setting this up - pretty cool! :)

Looks like both teams will likely be in the "Frozen Four" together, but will have to play each other to get to the title game.

For those that haven't voted, Round 3 of voting is still up! You have until tomorrow night to cast your vote which will decide the final four sweaters in the Tournament.

It is pretty interesting how it's shaken out so far. The good news is, a Sioux jersey wins no matter what. :)

I am partial to some of the older sweaters as well and would have liked to have seen a couple greens in the mix, particularly the 1964-67 style.

The 1986-87 white vs the 2006-07 swift are only separated by 12 votes. Voting ends Tuesday night at midnight, so get your votes in!

The fans have spoken, and we now have determined what will go down as the Greatest Sioux Jersey Ever.

Thousands of votes were cast throughout the rounds, and thanks to all of you who came to check out the site and take the time to vote. It's clear the majority of fans have an affinity for the black sweaters, as the only two in the entire 16 jersey tournament met in the finals. The Nike Swift won by a narrow margin.

GreatestJersey_e_zps00e14c54.png

I echo some of the sentiments of others, as I definitely preferred a few of the older style jerseys, but I only get one vote like everyone else.

Thanks again.

I've been slowly moving forward with adding the different ice designs the Sioux have played on over the years, which can be found under the respective jersey pages in the Encyclopedia. Some of the ice sheets will include those for home games, Final Fives, NCAA Regionals, and Frozen Fours...or whatever else may pop up that's interesting. Also, I plan on doing some refinements on some of the sweaters already posted. After hours and hours of work to create them, the mind gets a bet bogged down at times and some mistakes are bound to happen (most are extremely minor and I'm probably the only one that notices them).

Also, if you own any game-worn Sioux jerseys, I'd love to be able to host your jerseys on the "Collections" page, all credit going to you.

I find it ironic that the winner of "The Greatest Sioux Jersey Ever" contest was probably worn the least of any jersey that was in the tournament....or any jersey in UND hockey history!! I remember then wearing that jersey for a Gopher game...but how many times was it actually worn?? Just ironic that the most popular jersey in this bracket was one of the least worn jersey in Sioux hockey history.