SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoffs

Cratter

high school is different than college. in high school, you gotta play with the hand that's dealt to you. in college, the coach gets to choose who he wants to recruit.

Exactly. I am a coach in high school and I get what I get. Coaching at the college level starts with recruiting and recruiting leaders.

The championship should be a very good one to watch. Two deserving teams in the final. I go back and forth when I try and predict the winner. Sam Houston's qb appears to throw the ball better this year than lastbut still is far from reliable and their D is very athletic but got owned by a great offense last week. FU's defense is one of the best around but Woffrd and GSU showed the last couple weeks that an offense can move the ball vs. them. FU's offense isn't great but makes plays when they have too. Winner will be by less than 10 but can't predict the winner. Two weeks to pepare helps FU more than Sam Houston.

All very good points but even with all our/UND's flaws IMO he wouldn't have started a game this year at UND. Hanson was the real deal and Marcus overall skill set is even better. SU's O would far better off with either of those two at the trigger. And as I have heard Wentz might by the guy next year. SU wins inspite of him.

Even my die hard SU buddies call him Jensen Ponder!

You are delusional.

All very good points but even with all our/UND's flaws IMO he wouldn't have started a game this year at UND. Hanson was the real deal and Marcus overall skill set is even better. SU's O would far better off with either of those two at the trigger. And as I have heard Wentz might by the guy next year. SU wins inspite of him.

Even my die hard SU buddies call him Jensen Ponder!

I heard he might not. I'll make a wager with you (and whoever you heard this from) that Bohl won't play someone other than the guy that's played in two Natty Championship games. He will not start ahead of Brock unless he gets hurt.

You are delusional.

Marcus was top 5 in nation in passer efficiency ratings almost the whole time he played until Hanson came back. Jensen barely top 5 (6th yard/game and 4th in efficiency) in a weak a** offensively challenged MVC.

Delusional...no. Not even ignorant like your bumpkin a**!

Marcus was top 5 in nation in passer efficiency ratings almost the whole time he played until Hanson came back. Jensen barely top 5 (6th yard/game and 4th in efficiency) in a weak a** offensively challenged MVC.

Against those defenses you might even be top five. Mutta f$#%^&

Top 5 almost HAHAHAHAHHA

Actually the 3 games he started prior to the Cal Poly game he was top 3 nation wide FCS efficiency. You should go back to BV. You are dumbing down this site.

No youve already got it as low as it can go. Please tell me what he actully was. Almost ...... top 3 prior to CP. Where did he actually finish??? When I golf at Oxbow I almost get a par every hole but on the first 3 holes I actually do. HAHHAHAHAHAH

No youve already got it as low as it can go. Please tell me what he actully was. Almost ...... top 3 prior to CP. Where did he actually finish??? When I golf at Oxbow I almost get a par every hole but on the first 3 holes I actually do. HAHHAHAHAHAH

Thing is when you golf Oxbow you golf it as a guest! Now hurry up and go so you can make your 9:00 pm shift at Cenex!

Thing is when you golf Oxbow you golf it as a guest! Now hurry up and go so you can make your 9:00 pm shift at Cenex!

I'll sit down a compare pay stubs any day.... Loser When i golf there I pay with my corporate card. Last time I give you a tip

Exactly. I am a coach in high school and I get what I get. Coaching at the college level starts with recruiting and recruiting leaders.

Theres no question recruiting is the major difference between college and high school football. In high school, you make game plans based on your players. In college, you recruit players that work for your game plan/philosophy.

I think this title game goes to OT. Two good teams in a real smash mouth game.

Hard to say OT will happen, but the game will definitely be a close one. I'd say this a perfect matchup where the game just needs to be played - there are no major pregame advantages for this one. The winner will be the one who has the least turnovers, like most games.

Jensen is a good QB due to his experience. You can't argue with his toughness and timely play-making ability. With that said, Braden Hanson and Marcus Hendrickson were darn good QBs this season for us, and the offensive numbers indicated that. The difference is that Jensen plays with a defense 20x better than UND's defense, so he has less pressure to play with. In other words, he's often playing with the lead or at a tie. I'd say Hanson or Hendrickson could excel at Jenson's role no problem, given they had a great running game and a championship caliber defense.

Jensen is a good QB due to his experience. You can't argue with his toughness and timely play-making ability. With that said, Braden Hanson and Marcus Hendrickson were darn good QBs this season for us, and the offensive numbers indicated that. The difference is that Jensen plays with a defense 20x better than UND's defense, so he has less pressure to play with. In other words, he's often playing with the lead or at a tie. I'd say Hanson or Hendrickson could excel at Jenson's role no problem, given they had a great running game and a championship caliber defense.

This is the point I was trying to make. Well stated. Everything is hypothetical but having seen all but 2 of UND's games and having watched 4 SU games, SU's offense wouldn't take a step back with either of UND's QBs but probably would be more explosive as the passing game would be vastly better.

This is the point I was trying to make. Well stated. Everything is hypothetical but having seen all but 2 of UND's games and having watched 4 SU games, SU's offense wouldn't take a step back with either of UND's QBs but probably would be more explosive as the passing game would be vastly better.

LOL - I doubt you guys have any players that would make the 2 deep at NDSU beside a couple of recreivers.

LOL - I doubt you guys have any players that would make the 2 deep at NDSU beside a couple of recreivers.

There are plenty of reasonable (if that's possible) SU FB fans I know in the Fargo area who think Jensen is a marginal QB talent at best and that the team's success is not due to much of anything he brings to the table. Hard to argue with success though when the QB gets the credit, but the D carries the water. Jensen misses 10 yards outs to a wide open WR as regularly as a ND HS Class A QB does.

2 deep?? Starters yes, but 2 deep is a major stretch. I can see with your irrational comment above you and Jheria spent the evening conversing. If you don't like the opinions expressed on a UND site, you are free to back to BV to engage in conversations on tractors, beer bonging, and the like.

• Upvote 2

Holy, major thread drift.

One thing that Jensen doesn't get a lot of credit for is his ability to make plays running the ball. He doesn't have the "look" I suppose of a running QB, but there are times the past two seasons where he has been a major contributor there. Vigen and Bohl basically said he was getting the ball no matter what on the big 4th down play...and if you watch the replay he basically started lower his shoulder to bring it on at the 4 yard line.

I'm looking for one huge play from Marcus Williams in Frisco. He has to make up for this past weekend, possibly his worst as a Bison returning and defensively.