SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoffs

Cratter

Someone said Bison players work their ass off 12 months a year. I assume he meant at football related practices and not at jobs they have away from school. They don't work quite so hard there. They are hard workers sometimes.

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't that be a revenge game too? Seems to me EWU knocked them out on their title run.

EWU has been an up and down team but if I'm NDSU I would rather play SHSU and their one-dimensional approach, it plays into the Bisons strength although GSU ran fairly well last night. EWU can score in bunches and passes for over 300 yards/game, they could actually give the Bison trouble through the air.

Hard to judge Big Sky schools. They play such a weak regular season schedule. :)

Sam Houston taking it to EW 14-0 in the 1st quarter.

Better not be watching that game or we'll get posters from Sam Houston and Eastern Washington coming into the forum calling us jealous fans.

Because the only football games you should be watching are Sioux games or nothing.

whether those teams become championship-caliber is up to the coach

this ^^^^^^^^^

Coaching is why the Lakers won under Jackson and can't get over .500 now. Coaching is why the NO Saints are struggling this year.

Its about getting your players to play together. Its about getting your team to play with good fundamentals instinctively. Its about team members believing they are winners and ultimately champions. Its not about moral victories and staying in the game except for a couple of key breaks. Champions make breaks of their own.

• Upvote 1

I must admit, i really thought Eastern would have a better showing. Bell, Sincere, Flanders, that's the same bunch the AC held to 0 tds last year.

FU will gave to score more than 17 to beat SHSU again and after watching Jensen and that O it's iffy at best.

Apparently he has had some great recruiting years since then. They return a bunch of starters back next year and have a hell of a QB waiting in the wings.

Oh and according to geaux_sioux it doesn't matter how good the coach is. Doh-kay.

I had a hall of fame coach in high school and we had a good amount of talent when I was a soph but the seniors didn't give 100% into doing the extra things and we didn't make it to state. So according to you its the coaches fault that there wasn't good player leadership? The coach can only do so much at some point the players need to do the extra things and execute on the field.

I had a hall of fame coach in high school and we had a good amount of talent when I was a soph but the seniors didn't give 100% into doing the extra things and we didn't make it to state. So according to you its the coaches fault that there wasn't good player leadership? The coach can only do so much at some point the players need to do the extra things and execute on the field.

maybe the coach should have identified different leaders. Or maybe the other team was better coached? Sometimes hall of fame for coaches is as much about longevity as it is about winning.