SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ St. Cloud - Saturday

AZSIOUX

1st bolded sentence is a straw-man argument. Show me where I made that argument, please. If you were actually paying attention, you would find that I said that we looked sloppy and flat, last night.

Second bolded sentence: Tell that to the people that are attacking me for stating the obvious about Don Adam.

Oh and the accusation that I must not know anything about hockey, because I have a different opinion: It's true that I don't know as much about it as some people, but I think I picked up a few things from playing it and watching it all my life, since I was 7. The better part of 20 years... (btw, thanks to my fellow Sioux fans that joined in with the St. Cloud fan "Huskie" in questioning my knowledge of hockey. You guys always eat your own, don't you? Whether it's fellow Sioux fans or UND hockey players.)

You guys are proving to be the people that can't tolerate a different opinion, not me.

20 years....it reminds me of a secretary my dad had who had been with the company for 30 years and some people said it must be great to have somone with 30 years of experience and he said well that is one way to look at it, but we look at it as she has 1 year of experience 30 times. :D

������������������������������������

I did NOT say that because you didn't agree with me! I said it because of your childish comment telling new players to "not come here because the officials are against you and than the fans will not blame them for your loss they blame you" wha wha wha! Grow up!

Point taken.

I was being obnoxious to make a point, because it seems like that's the only thing that will get through to some of you bullies on here that all march in lockstep against anyone with a different opinion.

"Quick, everybody shout him down, so nobody thinks we are making excuses!" :crazy:

what a joke.

We do need to get better at staying out of the box. There were many calls that were proper penalties, and most of those were not necessary. That is on us and we need to improve.

I am not too worried about the team. We typically start out slow and build through the season. Since Hak took over, we have been a far better team after the break.

this team is no more than a .500 team right now as they aren't mature enough to put two decent games together in a row. we have a horrific pp, piss poor d and can't score period. what is the point of being all excited about these players coming back if they don't produce. with the supposed "talent" on this team it shouldn't be a struggle to score 4 goals a game. denver lost more than us this off season and doesn't have any troubles scoring.

True. Plus they would have replayed 7 or 8 minutes as well.

Yeah they would have had to replay 4-5 minutes I believe. So if there was to be a penalty or even a major 5 minute and then they review the goal and it's good do those penalties get negated?? If anyone knows. Just curious as would be a interesting situation.

Yeah they would have had to replay 4-5 minutes I believe. So if there was to be a penalty or even a major 5 minute and then they review the goal and it's good do those penalties get negated?? If anyone knows. Just curious as would be a interesting situation.

Couldn't remember exactly when we scored the "goal". There was a whistle for icing 5 or 10 seconds into the game and the next whistle came at 9:18 left in the period. Not sure how it works with penalties but I believe if they had decided to count the "goal" the game gets reset to that point in the game. I think it was the Vermont/Air Force game a couple years ago in the NCAA tourney where Vermont had scored and the puck went through the net and then the teams played for about 10 minutes before the next whistle. The announcers knew that once play was stopped by a whistle that the game was going to be over and since the game was in overtime they were talking about how crazy it would have been if Air Force scored and had the celebration that would follow and then find out they lost...pretty sure they hit 2 pipes during that time as well.

My curiosity was peaked so I had to do a little research..Thanks USCHO. It was actually in the 2nd overtime with a Frozen Four bid on the line. It was just under 6 minutes later for the whistle.

Better team won on Saturday night. Doesn't make up for Adam not having a clue for either side. He did not cost UND the game, no way no how. But its frustrating as hell when everyone and their dog knows whats coming with him, and he seems to outdo himself every time.

He could start his tenure as head of officials in the new league by putting together video clips of his screw ups as a learning device for new officials.

• Upvote 1

Better team won on Saturday night. Doesn't make up for Adam not having a clue for either side. He did not cost UND the game, no way no how. But its frustrating as hell when everyone and their dog knows whats coming with him, and he seems to outdo himself every time.

He could start his tenure as head of officials in the new league by putting together video clips of his screw ups as a learning device for new officials.

As head of officials will he serve an administrative role only or will he actually pull on the pinstripes once in a while? Does anybody know?

If it is true that Don Adam has it out for the Sioux, then he shouldn't be reffng Sioux games or any other games for that matter--I'm sure we can all agree on that. But if he is wearing the stripes for a Sioux game, then Hak and the boys need to BE SMART ABOUT IT. Control what you can control.

I'm a Hak supporter. I would rather have him than either Lucia or Eaves, both good coaches who have had a lot of their fan bases calling for their heads after several years of just plain bad hockey. The team will come around. One thing that frustrates me, though, is the way we have been losing so many puck races this year. It's not just Saturday nights. You could argue that the Sioux were outskated on Friday night too and would have lost that game if it were not for Saunders and an opportunistic offense. There is a lot of speed and quickness throughout this Sioux lineup , and they are not big, so hustle and winning puck races will win games for them. I understand that the way coaches have designed defensive coverages explains some of it, but not all.

But we can't lose sight of the fact that this is a very talented Husky team. When they get all their players healthy, they will win a lot of hockey games.

If it is true that Don Adam has it out for the Sioux, then he shouldn't be reffng Sioux games or any other games for that matter--I'm sure we can all agree on that. But if he is wearing the stripes for a Sioux game, then Hak and the boys need to BE SMART ABOUT IT. Control what you can control.

I'm a Hak supporter. I would rather have him than either Lucia or Eaves, both good coaches who have had a lot of their fan bases calling for their heads after several years of just plain bad hockey. The team will come around. One thing that frustrates me, though, is the way we have been losing so many puck races this year. It's not just Saturday nights. You could argue that the Sioux were outskated on Friday night too and would have lost that game if it were not for Saunders and an opportunistic offense. There is a lot of speed and quickness throughout this Sioux lineup , and they are not big, so hustle and winning puck races will win games for them. I understand that the way coaches have designed defensive coverages explains some of it, but not all.

But we can't lose sight of the fact that this is a very talented Husky team. When they get all their players healthy, they will win a lot of hockey games.

A few years ago he was "suspended" from working UND games after he was $h!tfaced in Sugars Lounge and was babbling to everyone that he hated the Sioux and had no problem screwing them over....not sure why that "suspension" would ever be lifted?

• Upvote 3

A few years ago he was "suspended" from working UND games after he was $h!tfaced in Sugars Lounge and was babbling to everyone that he hated the Sioux and had no problem screwing them over....not sure why that "suspension" would ever be lifted?

This cannot be true? Does explain a lot but it can't be true!

Do you have a link or a cite to his suspension? It's been a while, where is Sugars?

It wasn't an official suspension as obviously the league isn't going to annnounce that for public consumption, but there was a period of about 1 1/2-2 years(maybe longer) where Adam was not "allowed"...err scheduled to ref games involving UND....I want to say it was toward the end of the Blais tenure maybe leading into the start of Hakstol taking over.