SiouxSports.com Forum

Northern Colorado

bincitysioux

A year after Miller beat NC on a 54 yard FG at NC, Muss opts not to kick the potential 51 yard game winner..."Quite fankly, I thought we were out of our kicking range." :huh::ohmy::crazy:

Radio sideline reporter stated prior to NOT kicking a potential game winning FG, Zeb was nailing it from 59 yards out in pre-game.

Don't know how else to say it...Muss is so absolutely clueless it is embarrassing!

That's either insane or quite, quite stupid.

Which is Mussman? Stupid or crazy?

I vote stupid. UND needs to start looking at candidates for his job...

Are those the only two options you have on 3rd down? A dive into the middle or a fly pattern down the sideline? How about a safe throw that gets you the first down and has a higher percentage of success. If the dive would have been so dumb on 3rd down, why was it so smart on 4th down in your opinion?

I also believe that the numbers would tell you that Millers success rate on field goals of that length are higher than % completions on the pass we threw. I kicked in Greeley and you get an extra 10 yards or so due to the altitude. You don't have to hit it as hard so it is a much easier kick than a normal 50 yarder. I think he has done that a few times in the last 2 years.

It's annoying to respond to people who can hardly read. I said I would've done something different on 4th down. The kick wouldn't have been a bad decision, but you can't blame a coach for having balls.

It's annoying to respond to people who can hardly read. I said I would've done something different on 4th down. The kick wouldn't have been a bad decision, but you can't blame a coach for having balls.

Really? And where do you think that safety is? In the box. So, yea, lets run it when the defense is in a run heavy set with a safety blitz on tap. And you're right every coach tells the qb before the first game of the year not to take advantage of mismatches. Just forget I mentioned that, you clearly know that the chance of your kicker making a 51 yard FG for the win is wayyyyyyy higher than completing a pass to a WR who has 5 inches on a DB who is on an island.

Don't see any reference in your post here to what you are talking about. I haven't read all of your posts on the subject.

My point is still the same - poor decision to thow a deep low percentage pass on 3rd down and 1 and not try a safer play to get the 1st down in that situation. That should have been made clear to the qb at some point prior to running the play.

I know people are trying to use last years game as an example with the 54 yard FG but the wind was at Zebs back last year and this year it was going diagonally into his face. From 51 yards even a little breeze can make a huge difference on the flight of a football, especially if the hold isn't perfect and the laces are facing either side.

No, the flags on the scoreboard looked like there was a slight breeze from behind for that kick.

Well I had a pretty good perspective since I was at the game, the wind was not at his back. It had died down from earlier in the day but was most definitely from left to right and in his face. Flags don't tell you much by the way. I can remember many a practice at Memorial where the flags on each tower were in opposite directions.

The conversation has turned to a light wind that might have affected a potential kick?!?! Seriously...not that it was a given Zeb nails it but 59 yards was good in pregame. 54 yard GW FG on same field last year. Kick the frickin' ball!!! I would bet Muss has zero credibility w his team after this season...none!!!

The conversation has turned to a light wind that might have affected a potential kick?!?! Seriously...not that it was a given Zeb nails it but 59 yards was good in pregame. 54 yard GW FG on same field last year. Kick the frickin' ball!!! I guarantee Muss has zero credibility w his team after this season...none!!!

59 yards was in the other direction for the last time. Last year the wind was at his back for the last time. Coaches watch him warm up, think maybe they noticed he struggled with accuracy into the wind?

As for the 4th down play they should have had Hendrickson in there and quick snapped them with a QB sneak since they would expect an outside run from the QB like the other two carries he had.

59 yards was in the other direction for the last time. Last year the wind was at his back for the last time. Coaches watch him warm up, think maybe they noticed he struggled with accuracy into the wind?

As for the 3RD down play they should have had Hendrickson in there and quick snapped them with a QB sneak since they would expect an outside run from the QB like the other two carries he had.

FYP

Kick it!!! That was the call at that point in the game...period. Regargless of what little wind there was Zeb had the leg to win it.

For Muss to say he didn't think a 51 yarder was in range for Zeb just once again cements his incompetence as a HC.

The conversation has turned to a light wind that might have affected a potential kick?!?! Seriously...not that it was a given Zeb nails it but 59 yards was good in pregame. 54 yard GW FG on same field last year. Kick the frickin' ball!!! I would bet Muss has zero credibility w his team after this season...none!!!

Mussman didn't have much credibility before yesterday's game, so now it's a completely nonexistent. You can't win games with a head coach that has NO respect from his players, the individuals he is supposed to lead and set an example for. We can make up excuses all we want, but that won't change reality.

For five years now we have gave Mussman an opportunity to build up the program and he's done nothing. We keep making excuses from the transition to the first year in a new conference, but the bottom line is he just can't coach or lead. There's been question marks ever since we lost to Sioux Falls, but yet there are unrealistic homers who continually expect Mussman to turn into some great coach overnight, or even worse believe he already is there.

It was Einstein who said "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Anyone who thinks this team will be in the playoffs next year or the year after with Mussman trying to lead is insane.

Sticking with Mussman only indicates to me that Faison and the athletic department are content with being only "middle of the pack" in the Big Sky and not competing for national titles. As far as post-season success and what an athletic department/administration is doing to help, hockey seems to be the only thing UND cares about; hopefully that changes.

at least we dont have players writing letters about the coach haha

see aj barker and coach kill in dinkytown

AJ lost me after like three sentences of his rant....After about a paragraph its like who the hell cares. Nobody feels sorry for you, just quit the team and be done with it. Cripes.