SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tournament

DMT

Watched the Czech and Cancuck game on TSN this morning (NHL center ice) Canada is good by the way so it should shake out to be a USA and Canada final. That will be on TSN.

During the first and Second period TSN (Canada's version of ESPN) announcers were all talking about how good Zach Parise and praising NJ for drafting Zach also it has been not that Zach is leading the tourney with 5 goals.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought here, with the WJC having more talent than most standard college games, do you think that is would be appropriate to add any or all of ZP's and BM's goals that they score to the 100 goal marker set by DB. Cause technically I don't think that Blais specified were the three would score the goals, just that they had the chance to score that many this season. :D;)

Just a thought here, with the WJC having more talent than most standard college games, do you think that is would be appropriate to add any or all of ZP's and BM's goals that they score to the 100 goal marker set by DB. Cause technically I don't think that Blais specified were the three would score the goals, just that they had the chance to score that many this season. :D;)

I like your thinking I say add them to the total. Maybe we put an * next to it.

I think they are going to have to get going if they are going to score 100 goals. Of course UND gets to play MTU four times and UAA. So maybe they can do it.

The semifinal game is currently scheduled for Saturday at 6:30AM Central. However, if Finland beats Russia, the game is moved to 10:30AM Central, and Canada plays the early semifinal. Home team gets the later game, if home team is in it; means an even bigger homer crowd if Finland gets there.

Finland-Russia 1-1 in the first.

I don't relish the thought of having to beat Russia twice in the same tournament, and playing Finland in front of thousands of enthusiastic Finns sounds tough also. However, this game looks to end about 16 hours before the winner will have to take the ice against a rested USA team. This is a real opportunity for the US to advance to the gold medal game.