USA has scored 3 more in the third. Now 8-0

Game over

Third period goals:

Parise from Fritchke

Parise from Wisniewski

Sterling from Stuart

Hatty for ZPar

Players of the game: USA-Eaves Austria-Harand

Next game, Sunday vs Slovakia (7AM Central).

Ahhhhhhhh.......No points for Thomas Vanek :)

I kind of feel sorry for Vanek though because this is probably the first time in a while he's not playing with very elite hockey players. Its a great honor to play for your country, but I don't know if I'd want to get beat 8-0 every game.

USA has scored 3 more in the third. Now 8-0

Game over

Third period goals:

Parise from Fritchke

Parise from Wisniewski

Sterling from Stuart

Hatty for ZPar

Players of the game: USA-Eaves Austria-Harand

Next game, Sunday vs Slovakia (7AM Central).

Eaves get POG? Did I miss something?

1 G 2 assists for Eaves and 3 G 1 Assist for ZPar and Eaves gets POG. Wow. Those points Eaves had musthave been really unbelievable because, in the NCAA, regardless of team or opponent, ZPar would have been Player of the game. 4 points is better than three. Then again, this is just from what I've seen on this board.

Where was Murray during this game? Team USA puts up 61 shots and he had none. His line combines for 4 goals, 3 assists and he gets none. He was only on the ice for 2 of the goals.

Lots of specialty team play in this one. When shorthanded, Parise and Werner were out on the PK. Not sure what the PP combos were, but seemed like the lines were intact for them, so Murray was on much of the time the Parise line was on. Didn't hear his name as much as Parise and Werner, however.

Listening to the game, I heard Murray's name fairly often. He was originally awarded the assist that Parise ended up with before the official scoring was changed, which indicates he was around the play at least for one of the goals.

Nice game for USA. Parise not getting player of the game is a joke. Eaves' name was heard a lot over a short stretch - Parise's name was heard a lot throughout the game, but who cares, they dominated, won the game and that is all that matters.

Someone should have taped that. Don Cherry acknowledging any hockey team or player that is not Canadian is usually a fluke.

Actually, Don Cherry is an outspoken proponent of American hockey and American hockey players, largely due to the fact he spent the majority of his pro career playing in U.S. cities, coached two NHL franchises in U.S. cities and married an American.

Yes, he is still pro-Canadian, but its the Europeans he dislikes, not the Americans.

PPG by USA in the second. Wisniewski sends Murray in on a breakaway, Parise scores on the rebound. 2-0 (Murray not given an assist, only Wisniewski, got to believe that will be changed, but who knows). Edit: Box score shows the only assist on Parise' goal to Richmond, radio announcer seems to often get the names wrong during play, so not sure if the goal was off a rebound of Murray's shot or not?

Slovaks taking penalties, playing a major junior kind of game (14 are from Canadian major junior teams).

Canada now up 3-1 on Switzerland in the second.

Slovaks continue to work over USA players, much of the time after whistles. USA continues domination and leads 2-0 after two periods. Shots now 27-12.

USA scores again early in the third. Slovak clearing attempt hits Murray and goes in, so Murray gets the goal, unassisted. 3-0

Parise, Murray, and Werner have been unbelievably dominant. Parise getting worked over by the Slovaks even more than in the WCHA (least the announcer makes it sound that way).

Kesler with a PPG, 4-0, then Werner from Parise, 5-0

Canada up 6-2

Slovaks continue to play cheap. US will be lucky to finish this one without an injury. Kesler gets chopped in the face, goes off bleeding. Another US PP. Game better end soon.

Continues to get closer to a major brawl with under a minute left. Dowell lines up Blasik? and really levels him on a clean hit. Entire USA bench up and cheering. Game over, 5-0 (btw, the two teams are staying in the same hotel).

USA POG is Parise.

http://www.usahockey.com/servlets/FileServ...s%20Austria.wmv

Video of three goals from the win over Austria. Parise's 5 on 3 goal is the first, and I believe the third is a Parise 5 on 4 goal. The second goal scorer is the Eaves shortie, but watch the Austrian defensman turn his back to to Eaves and get beat up the middle (on a very marginal stick/shoulder fake). Would have to watch small kids hockey to see something that bad. Austria is just not good. Seems that not that many years ago the US was in this position, winning the B pool, then getting blitzed the following year in the A pool.

Sweden is up next, at 8AM Tuesday morning. Opponents keep getting tougher.

Sweden is up next, at 8AM Tuesday morning. Opponents keep getting tougher.

Slovakia tied the Russians 2-2, shots were 33-28, sounded like a close game. Sweden should have a good team, but I don't expect they would be much better than the Slovakians or Russians. I think the Swedes play the Russians today, maybe the Russians are having a down year.

Have any of these games been on tv yet?

Canadian games are on CTV; don't believe any USA games are scheduled to be televised unless they play Canada in the medal round, then only on CTV.

Would guess the US will have to win this tourney to have much chance of seeing anyone (other than Canadian TV) pick up next year's under 20 tourney in Grand Forks (and TRF).

Canada is playing Ukraine and it will be on 627 at 10:00 am on NHL center Ice.

It seems that only game on are the ones with the Canadians. I hope next year the WJC games are on channel 23 here in the Forks.

Center Ice picks up the Canadian TSN broadcasts. Don't believe any US networks/sports channels will telecast any of the games, including the medal round.

Fortunately, I get CTV via cable, so can watch some of the Canadian games, hopefully a US/Canada matchup in the medal round.