SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tournament

DMT

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Montoya was pulled in the second; unless the plan was to let each goalie play half the game.

Think this might be the USA's weakness; don't believe anyone can match the Canadian goaltending with Fleury.

I believe that 100 percent. Goaltending is indeed USA's weakness. Canada's Fleury has NHL experience, which is much rougher than WJC (one would assume).

As much as I'd hate to break up Murray and Parise, I really think Parise should be on a higher line than he is. Maybe second line. I don't know, really. When Eaves was in town, Parise outworked him. Kinda think that should mean something.

Booth Diary

Sounds like the team was still getting over jet lag. Also sounds like it it going to be tough to adjust to the environment, except for the players from Alaska. I've never experienced being that far north in the winter, but I can imagine having 20+ hours of darkness can make you a little sluggish.

Nice translation of the Finnish DMT.

I believe that 100 percent. Goaltending is indeed USA's weakness. Canada's Fleury has NHL experience, which is much rougher than WJC (one would assume).

As much as I'd hate to break up Murray and Parise, I really think Parise should be on a higher line than he is. Maybe second line. I don't know, really. When Eaves was in town, Parise outworked him. Kinda think that should mean something.

When you have a team that has not played together like this, most coaches make the lines with players that are familiar or complimate each other. With the All-Star like format of the team, I'm not sure the number of the line = the skill of the player. I would be surprised if Eaves doesn't play lines 1-3 equally, if not all four. From what I've read Fleury is a stud, hopefully he can stay away from the drink unlike the other Fleury. :)

Maybe Coach Eaves will put together the one line the rest of the world needs to see: Eaves + Parise + Murray. :)

That right there is an NHL quality line. I don't think that Eaves is quite the finisher that Bochenski is, but to see that line in action would be a priveledge. ;)