SiouxSports.com Forum

A place for people to argue about NDSU and UND

Siouxperfan7

After the ISU game......it would seem there is always a chance. That's why the games are played. Always a chance ....... but not likely. Kinda like UND possibly beating the Cats......not likely.

Over/Under... NDSU beats 3.5 teams with .500+ records this year in the regular season

I'm going to take the Under. I think their only wins vs .500+ teams are Youngstown, SDSU and SIU. I see them losing to Illinois State (the only team guaranteed to finish .500+)

Over/Under... NDSU beats 3.5 teams with .500+ records this year in the regular season

I'm going to take the Under. I think their only wins vs .500+ teams are Youngstown, SDSU and SIU. I see them losing to Illinois State (the only team guaranteed to finish .500+)

I'd take the over on this. YSU likely will be .500+. UNI has a possibility of it if they win out. I think NDSU beats SDSU, ISU-r, and SIU, who will all likely be .500+.

Over/Under... UND beats 1.5 D1 teams with .500+ records this year.

I'll take the under. I think the only one will be Sac State. Sac State should make it, but that's no guarantee with games against Cal Poly, MSU, and at UC Davis. Portland State would have to win out, with games against MSU and EWU. Montana would have to win out, with a game against MSU. SUU and UNC can't make it if UND beats them.

(I'm also assuming UND loses to MSU - the only team guaranteed to finish .500+).

I really see this game going 1 of two ways. SIU continues its ballhawking ways and can get turnovers and can get their D to score, then they can go into Fargo and pull the upset. However, if they don't get those turnovers, I can just as easily see NDSU just crush them.

IOW: SIU in a squeaker, or an NDSU blowout

I'd take the over on this. YSU likely will be .500+. UNI has a possibility of it if they win out. I think NDSU beats SDSU, ISU-r, and SIU, who will all likely be .500+.

I'll take the under. I think the only one will be Sac State. Sac State should make it, but that's no guarantee with games against Cal Poly, MSU, and at UC Davis. Portland State would have to win out, with games against MSU and EWU. Montana would have to win out, with a game against MSU. SUU and UNC can't make it if UND beats them.

(I'm also assuming UND loses to MSU - the only team guaranteed to finish .500+).

Its kind of a fractured schedule for UND. The teams they lost to have 0 fcs losses, I believe. That is a good line. I am in the small group that thinks UND might beat MSU this weekend though.

Just call us the 2008 NDSU team. NDSU beat 2 teams with winning records, Central Conn State and Southern Illinois in their 6-5 MVFC debut.

This is why I love FCS football vs. BCS. All this BS talk back and forth about we have a stronger schedule or any other thing that gets said doesn't matter, because we will all found out who is for real in just over a month when the playoffs get rolling.

This is why I love FCS football vs. BCS. All this BS talk back and forth about we have a stronger schedule or any other thing that gets said doesn't matter, because we will all found out who is for real in just over a month when the playoffs get rolling.

And that 4 team playoff thing of the FBS is going to be a total joke. No way will a MAC team or Sun Belt team see a NC until they either split the FBS in 2 or have a playoff like the FCS, DII, or DIII.

• Upvote 1

And that 4 team playoff thing of the FBS is going to be a total joke. No way will a MAC team or Sun Belt team see a NC until they either split the FBS in 2 or have a playoff like the FCS, DII, or DIII.

Agreed, anyone who thinks that is a good solution and actually represents a playoff is out of touch. What bothers me the most about the BCS championship is it literally takes away the best part of sports. To play a game means anything can happen and that is why I watch. Michigan is supposed to beat App St. by 50, Oklahoma is supposed to beat Boise St. by 30, well that's why they play the game right?

What a joke not having a true playoff is, I'll never understand it. Even the money argument is ridiculous to me, they would make more money if they had a playoff.

Agreed, anyone who thinks that is a good solution and actually represents a playoff is out of touch. What bothers me the most about the BCS championship is it literally takes away the best part of sports. To play a game means anything can happen and that is why I watch. Michigan is supposed to beat App St. by 50, Oklahoma is supposed to beat Boise St. by 30, well that's why they play the game right?

What a joke not having a true playoff is, I'll never understand it. Even the money argument is ridiculous to me, they would make more money if they had a playoff.

Fans are board of Alabama vs LSU (except those fan bases). They want to know their team has a shot. In the FCS every team has a shot (unless you are in transition). Even the non-schollie teams have a chance if they beat the big boys. But to know you go undefeated in the FBS and never have a chance (Boise St) its sad. You can win the MAC or be a MAC team and go undefeated you still won't play for a title...just another bowl game that really means nothing.

Fans are board of Alabama vs LSU (except those fan bases). They want to know their team has a shot. In the FCS every team has a shot (unless you are in transition). Even the non-schollie teams have a chance if they beat the big boys. But to know you go undefeated in the FBS and never have a chance (Boise St) its sad. You can win the MAC or be a MAC team and go undefeated you still won't play for a title...just another bowl game that really means nothing.

I agree, playoffs are the only solution.

Ok enough of this agreement BS in this argument thread. UND's schedule is soft, whew now I feel better.

I agree. They could've just as well simply called what they used to have a 2-team "playoff" and stick with that.

I keep saying it . . . FBS needs a 12 team playoff.

10 conf champs, top 6 ranked confs in, bottom 4 play-in for 2 spots = 8 conf winner

So field is

8 conf champs

4 at Large teams

seeded by bcs type ranking

Top 4 ranked teams (including at large) have 1st round bye

Only 3 wins to championship for top 4 teams

4 wins to championship for teams 5-10

5 wins to champioship for play-in confs*

*confs (2) that lose play-in games, teams are bowl eligible

This wouldbe bigger than march madness!

Rd 1&2 on campus

Rd 3 final 4 site

Rd 4 campionship site

I keep saying it . . . FBS needs a 12 team playoff.

10 conf champs, top 6 ranked confs in, bottom 4 play-in for 2 spots = 8 conf winner

So field is

8 conf champs

4 at Large teams

seeded by bcs type ranking

Top 4 ranked teams (including at large) have 1st round bye

Only 3 wins to championship for top 4 teams

4 wins to championship for teams 5-10

5 wins to champioship for play-in confs*

*confs (2) that lose play-in games, teams are bowl eligible

This wouldbe bigger than march madness!

Rd 1&2 on campus

Rd 3 final 4 site

Rd 4 campionship site

Good ideas and all, but I'm just not that in to first round byes and what not. I think even tournaments are best so either 8 teams or 16.

The best thing about that would be the need to kill those ridiculous "FBS" and "FCS" labels. Mark my words, once the four team playoff starts they will go back to (officially) calling them Divisons I and I-AA.

Please leave until that happens. After that, you can come back and post all of the usual crap.