SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana game

geaux_sioux

I am not a Midco customer, I cannot be, but I am a Directv and Fox customer. We are trying to appeal to UND to work with these people to get this back to at least the coverage we had the last few years. At a time when this FB program is really starting to blossom, we lose TV coverage in an area of the upper midwest where we have large alumni presence. That is a great marketing and recruiting strategy.

You are being quite dense. This has nothing to do with und. It's conferences selling national rights. So be mad with us joining big sky and being on root. Then blame nchc for losing hockey next year bc of deal with CBS. Again it's the conferences.

• Upvote 1

Grizz fans next to me thought the fair catch interference on the punt was a bad call that he was blocked into the runner.

I haven't rewatched play but I thought blocker had back to guy catching so no way he could of pushed player in.

Grizz fans next to me thought the fair catch interference on the punt was a bad call that he was blocked into the runner.

Not even close.

My Griz buddy was watching on TV and texted me Galloday got a toe down in end zone via replay late in 4th. Shoulda been a TD

Not even close.

My Griz buddy was watching on TV and texted me Galloday got a toe down in end zone via replay late in 4th. Shoulda been a TD

Was that you that gave that info to hardins dad?

I'm going to rewatch game tomorrow but the refs seemed to struggle on major calls.

I didn't have great angle but surprised Hanson didn't get that first down when we went for it on fourth down.

I'm going to rewatch game tomorrow but the refs seemed to struggle on major calls.

I didn't have great angle but surprised Hanson didn't get that first down when we went for it on fourth down.

You mean like when Sutton had his helmet ripped off by the facemask and they didn't call it?

Yes.

He's a great guy. He got choked up in the game winning TD.

Where were you sitting in relation to us?

My cousins family sits at top section. I had handicapped spot just above since I'm recovering from foot and leg surgery and am casted up. I was giving his dad Greg's stats when he was setting record.

You mean like when Sutton had his helmet ripped off by the facemask and they didn't call it?

But they announced he had to sit out play.

I was thinking more of their first or second td when oline false started and they got that slant catch for like 60 yard td when we couldn't tackle.

Well other than being fat and sloppy he was smooth and relaxed and blasted bombs every time but once. I'm not sure how he didn't hit the roof. Though ours isn't as impressive, his average was within a yard of the Fridge's average.

Same thing I was telling people. Guy could hit it so high but really should've gotten another ten on each kick and I'm sure coverage would still be there.

Watched it on Tv and rewinded a few plays. Hanson got the first down easily...horrible spot....Golloday catch was a TD and Int hit the ground.

Watched it on Tv and rewinded a few plays. Hanson got the first down easily...horrible spot....Golloday catch was a TD and Int hit the ground.

Now you have me all fired up to watch game right now. But got vb on with hockey radio and a sprinkling of gators fb. Speaking of which haven't seen tommiejoe on site in long time if I remember name correctly.

I am not a Midco customer, I cannot be, but I am a Directv and Fox customer. We are trying to appeal to UND to work with these people to get this back to at least the coverage we had the last few years. At a time when this FB program is really starting to blossom, we lose TV coverage in an area of the upper midwest where we have large alumni presence. That is a great marketing and recruiting strategy.

UND and Midco have worked hard to get as much coverage as possible for the games. Like I said, Midco offered to give the football games to Fox, and Fox decided they didn't want them. What else can UND and Midco do to get Fox to broadcast the games? The only other thing that UND or Midco could do would be to pay Fox to broadcast the games, and that isn't happening. There are things that aren't within UND's control. Forcing Fox College Sports to broadcast football games is one of them. Your beef should be with Fox, not UND or Midco.

I really do not want to watch the Big Sky game of the week, I want to watch UND each week. I had a package that had like 205 channels that is no longer marketed and today switched to get this game on 687 to a similar package with 203 channels. But, Directv also said I needed to get the sports package, maybe not for 239-1, but for 687 and 683. It was too late to check if I could get 239-1 without the sports package as I wanted to get the game on. Again, these gyrations are a pain compared to how good we had it. I guess the Alums outside of ND will not see a lot more UND football unless Midco and Fox get their act together for next season. Hard to believe with all the alums in Minnesota and Wi there is not more effort to get this done. Once the fans are gone, it is tough to get them back as witnessed by the empty seats again today.

Dude seriously....give it up

I have Directv with a "grandfathered" package.....called Choice Xtra Classic.So probably same package as you do (or I guess did)

I have no sports package and yet I tuned to 239-1 and it was there.

As for the UND games.....Midco has the rights. They have offered it to other cable companies who have picked up the games. Somewhere around 20 cable companies in ND and NW Minnesota. Fox College Sports didnt want to carry the games. Simple as that.

Midco did not broadcast this game at all because it was on Root. Root does not want to give its games to cable companies, or sell them a single game, they are trying to get their product on systems on a full time basis. There is no way that anyone was going to be able to carry this game unless they agreed to add Root as a regular channel. Root has an agreement to carry one exclusive game each week, this week it was UND-Montana.

Actually Root sports is a RSN (like FSN North)....use to be called Fox Sports Rocky Mountain and Fox Sports Northwest. Directv actually owns those station (has for a couple years) and renamed them "Root Sports"

Nobody can really add it as a channel as it is a RSN....anyone who wanted to add it already has

Directv is being nice and putting the Big Sky GOTW on 239-1 for free (contrary to what Ole thinks) to add customer with HD access

As far as the rest of the games, Midco offered Fox College Sports the same deal on UND games as they had in the past. Fox College Sports decided that they only wanted to show UND hockey games this year, they didn't want the football games or any other UND games. Blame Midco all you want, but that decision is actually on FCS. If you don't like the decision, tell Fox College Sports. Midco offered to give the games to FCS at no cost, FCS never paid for any of those games, and FCS wouldn't even take the free feeds. What do you want UND and Midco to do, pay FCS to show the games?

BINGO...we have a winner

• Upvote 1

Wow... just wow, that was a fun game. That will go down as the best game, entertainment wise, I have ever seen at the Alerus. I felt like I was in an arcade with all the passing yardage that was throw.

I don't care that Montana came in 3-4 and this wasn't the Griz teams of old, that was a significant win not only for this year, but for the program. We still have a good chance of a winning season and finishing with a .500 record in the Big Sky.

Hardin and Hanson's assult on the record books was something to see. The crazy thing was those numbers could have been bigger. Harden could have shattered a FCS record and Hanson could have thrown it for 700 yards!Wherever the world Blair Townsend came from was awesome. He had himself a great game as well and it was well needed. Jackson did his thing and had another 100+ yard game. Felt the O-line did fine, they have gotten better as time as gone on. Need to figure out how to get the run game going. I didn't understand why we kept running up the middle, we were getting to the outside a couple of times with Miller.

Defense still game up a TON of yards, but I am not as frustrated as I have been in the past few weeks. They still gave up big plays

but they seem to have a better tacking performance then they have been in recent weeks. Nice to get 3 sacks, as we seem to finally getting some better pressure. Don't get me wrong, they need to stop giving up 500+ week after week, but im not as upset.

Jer should be very lucky, seriously. If that call is not made, he would be getting shredded right now. Can we please get someone on punt return that can ACTUALLY CATCH THE BALL!?!

Very disappointed in my fellow student for A) not showing B) their 3rd quarter abilities to turn in from a UND home game to a Griz home game (not kidding, it was THAT bad) and C) Leaving early. The 4th quarter was more fun because those who were left made some noise.

Still upset that the band ruined my Bon Jovi moment.... :glare:

• Upvote 2