SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana game

geaux_sioux

I don't disagree but i think Welch (sp?) could be a guy that could be a big DE for us if needed. I also am still big on Cummings. I think he is going to finish as a good one. Edwards from everything I have heard needs some expierence on the DL but has all the tools to be a stud next season. But I agree, we need to get some depth there and better play.

Welch is playing DT right now, maybe they should slide him over and he would make a nice BIG DE. Cummings has nice size but needs to get alot faster and quicker. When I saw some practices in fall camp Edwards looked like the best DT on the team by far, he just needs to keep developing his massive strength and unreal quickness and gain better consistency and conditioning. Don't be surprised to see him on Sundays, no joke.

Take a look at the earlier post with the rankings for the last three teams we played. Made some plays on defense and we led Cal Poly in the 4th quarter. Hendrickson has a bad game and can't hit a fat pig in the ass with a hand full of gravel or we should win that one. East Wash was an embarassment. That is a score we might expect if we play a FBS top 20 school. No excuse. Hendrickson struggles and the defense never left the airport. Against N. Arizona our d-backs gave a bigger cushions than a hug from Dolly Parton. Not sure why Mackey wasn't replaced. We had to have a number of kids who could have given 15 yd cushions then jumped on the recievers back (if they could) as they went by. Might as well get them some game time. Linbackers didn't show up. Too many missed tackles and missed assignments. That is another game we should have won. I really don't care to compare with our little sister to the south. They are very good and very young. We need to take care of ourselves. Starts with fundamentals. Kids need to be assignment sharp, can miss tackles, Can't drop passes. We have maybe the most talented group of wide receivers we have ever had, but they don't run disciplined routes, they drop passes, tkae dumb-ass penalties and fumble. All of those things are correctable. I really haven't kept up enough paying attention to the details of our schemes and adjustments to think we have a coaching issue. As long as we miss as many takles as we do, missed assignments and play undisciplined FB it is hard to get to Offensive and defensive play calling. I know game preparation and discipline are a coaching responsibility but that is a responibility for team captains and most of all the players.

Montana is another game we should win. Defense needs to get better each week. My concern is they haven't. As long as we have kids missing tackles and missing assignments, we will struggle to put games away. Fan support has been only lukewarm. Student support is much better this year but we need to build on that. They finally have done some things with the fraternities and sororities. I would try and expand that to the dorms. We need to improve the video coverage and remember people at games like to see themselves on the screen. With hunting season upon us, it will be interesting to see how that cuts into attendence. UND should be giving away tickets to area schools and giving group discounts to area businesses. There is room for 3,000 more fans at each game. UND band is excellent and has become a bigger part of the game, before, during and after.

Also Faison should have been on the phone yesterday to see if we could fill the Gopher games with UNC. Tell Hanson to call his old AD and coach and get it set up. Would be great game on schedule and timing good with them on probation. If we can't get UNC get the Gopher games. Payouts for either schools should be good. Need to be aggressive. Saturday will be agreat day for FB.

Agree with much of what you said with just a few subtle disagreements. Muss said last night on Coach's Show that they were down to 3 D-Backs due to injury going into the NAU game. My feeling is right now they don't have a lot of choices in that area even if a player is struggling. Who can you stick out there Molberg? I jest, but I think that's part of the problem. The depth, talent and injuries in our secondary have created an issue where there aren't a lot of solutions when a guy is getting torched.

There actually always is group discounts for groups on tickets. Personally, I like discounts for groups- I just don't like giving things away, personally I think it devalues the product, and then you unfortunately condition people that's what they should expect every time no matter what. I'm in business, I know- i've unfortunately learned that lesson the hard way. Also, have to be careful giving away tickets to schools- NCAA rules. Not sure what they are but I'm sure there's always some rule or hoop you have to be aware of.

I don't think it's a surprise to anyone- in that many of my posts regarding administration I tend to support the Athletic Director and the staff at Athletics. I believe he has been very positive for UND Athletics. Looking at the schedule shaping up for next year, it looks like they've put together a solid schedule, and I expect they will continue to do so. I'm sure Mr. Faison and his staff are aware of the recent scheduling developments at Minnesota. Their track record, at least to me, is that this has been a very attentive department.

Great post I enjoyed reading it. I can tell there's still a lot of passion and fire about things. I would be concerned if it were anything but.

Looking at the tickets available on ticketmaster...it looks like (and I am estimating) that there are over 9000 tickets sold for Saturdays game. I really hope there is a large walkup crown Saturday. Hopefully people will realize the game is not on TV locally and they come out to the Alerus. I would love to see numbers close to 11000!! I pine for the old days at the Alerus where you couldn't hear the person next to you!! Hopefully I swill get to experience that just a little bit on Saturday!!

• Upvote 2

Also Faison should have been on the phone yesterday to see if we could fill the Gopher games with UNC. Tell Hanson to call his old AD and coach and get it set up. Would be great game on schedule and timing good with them on probation. If we can't get UNC get the Gopher games. Payouts for either schools should be good. Need to be aggressive. Saturday will be agreat day for FB.

Tar Heels have ODU scheduled for 2013 but are open for 2014, I like it. Chapel Hill in September would be a great trip.

the UNC holes in the gopher schedule were filled almost immedaitely with nmsu

I've seen others of his and he's always full of it and never has a clue what he's actually talking about. Bison fans love him cause he kisses their asses

hasn't he picked against ndsu twice this year?

Not on Big Sky TV, at least not on Saturday afternoon. Video also not on UND Insider on Saturday. Probably only on radio, or audio on UND Insider, because of the Roots TV contract.

For you guys up North who are out of the traditional Root footprint you can see the game on DirecTV channel 239 (Audience network). If you dont access, go to a bar that has DirecTV.

Don't be surprised to see him on Sundays, no joke.

At this point, to see any UND defensive players in the NFL would be surprising.

Looking at the tickets available on ticketmaster...it looks like (and I am estimating) that there are over 9000 tickets sold for Saturdays game. I really hope there is a large walkup crown Saturday. Hopefully people will realize the game is not on TV locally and they come out to the Alerus. I would love to see numbers close to 11000!! I pine for the old days at the Alerus where you couldn't hear the person next to you!! Hopefully I swill get to experience that just a little bit on Saturday!!

I can't imagine there being a huge walkup crowd after three straight losses. But ya never know.

Yeah because you are such an expert on a guy that you have never seen... :whistling:

37, 31, 13, 35, 55, and 41 points surrendered in D-I games. From a defense geaux_sioux said would be better than NDSU's. I dont find it to easy to accept his analysis of talent after what has occurred this season.