SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

Mafia Man, I really like your Lake State story from the Lunch on Friday, that was pretty cool.

Which one? The ship's bell being rung after a home win or the one where Marty Turco and Red Berenson wanted to kick my a$$ at Antler's after the game?

I think I will miss the trip to Mankato each year the most...:) Hockey, beer, and Metty's, tough to beat...also, I met you in Mankato, Mafia...a couple years ago...guess we'll have to make St Clown the new road trip...

LOL...Good times, Blackheart. Mettler's...The Platinum Fox of Mankato!

Great, just what NDH needs - another ice cream cone. How about changing the bet to a nice salad?

In yet more proof that I am a miserable failure at gambling, my cone was on Miami on Saturday and I lost. I hid in the latrines between periods to avoid having to pay Mafia Man off on my wager during the Championship Game. Did not do the double down.

No ice cream here Salad Boy.

In yet more proof that I am a miserable failure at gambling, my cone was on Miami on Saturday and I lost. I hid in the latrines between periods to avoid having to pay Mafia Man off on my wager during the Championship Game. Did not do the double down.

No ice cream here Salad Boy.

That's good. Gonna need you lean and mean for the run to #8. A trip to the Pittsburgh in the cards after the Sioux take care of business this weekend?

Goon do you have video of the 5 min cross check on CC vs Minn?

Not yet, I didn't look to see if Mrs Goon deleted the games or not. I didn't check when I got home.

I am at work right now. What time in the game was it?

Which one? The ship's bell being rung after a home win or the one where Marty Turco and Red Berenson wanted to kick my a$$ at Antler's after the game?

That was a cool story. I did like one at the arena and after the game as well.

Did anybody see this article that Goon wrote? http://thehockeywrit...eting-strategy/

I'm sorta flabbergasted by this move by the WCHA. It seems like somewhat of an eff you to the NCHC schools, or it just doesn't make any sense at all. I don't know what to think really.

I agree with the concern as I thought of the same thing myself. On the other hand, if you are the Xcel, do you want people to be buying tickets to the tournament across town, or to the tournament at your facility. I would guess all 3 parties got together and said "this is a good marketing idea, in order to compete with the other tournament". And from a strictly business perspective I can see it makes some sense.

it would be even a bigger riot if yale could somehow knock off minnesota.

Even more and more in the last 5 years we have seen many low seeds win. Everything is so different especially if you have afternoon games. The whole routine is slightly altered. That goes for any team in any region. Can't wait for Thursdays games! Then it's time to play solid and send the purple eagles back east

I agree with the concern as I thought of the same thing myself. On the other hand, if you are the Xcel, do you want people to be buying tickets to the tournament across town, or to the tournament at your facility. I would guess all 3 parties got together and said "this is a good marketing idea, in order to compete with the other tournament".

I guess you have to live in Mpls/St Paul to understand that Target Center and Xcel Energy Center may as well be Yankee Stadium and Fenway Park. An event in Minneapolis typically does nothing for St Paul...and vice versa.

I guess you have to live in Mpls/St Paul to understand that Target Center and Xcel Energy Center may as well be Yankee Stadium and Fenway Park. An event in Minneapolis typically does nothing for St Paul...and vice versa.

As a resident of s. minneapolis, it is really true...most of the time that river might as well be the Berlin Wall

I have all of the videos of all of the games "except" UND's game against C.C.. I know what happened, I bet Mrs. Goon deleted so she could watch one of her shows. Glee and some citcom and cancelled my DVR.

I have all of the videos of all of the games "except" UND's game against C.C.. I know what happened, I bet Mrs. Goon deleted so she could watch one of her shows. Glee and some citcom and cancelled my DVR.

Hmmm...I'm thinking we have the same wife!

Hmmm...I'm thinking we have the same wife!

I can't remember what the other show is but I have to take one off of the DVR each Thursday and It kind of upsets me. I am sure the hockey game got cancelled. I have to get the DVR Genie that allows you to DVR 5 shows at once.

I can't remember what the other show is but I have to take one off of the DVR each Thursday and It kind of upsets me. I am sure the hockey game got cancelled. I have to get the DVR Genie that allows you to DVR 5 shows at once.

You need the "Hoppah"