SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

Like SiouxScore said, the football argument is one thing. But to say the ACC is better than the Big Ten in basketball anymore is legitimately a joke. The ACC is TERRIBLE, other than Miami and Duke, which overall aren't strong enough to compete in the Big Ten all year. It is the premier basketball conference in the NCAA, which is why they'll have at least 8 (67%) of their teams in the NCAA tournament.

AT LEAST 8? You seriously think 9 teams from the Big 10 deserve a bid?

Lol. Alright you got me there. That post was done without much thought process after a long night of studying for a midterm. I believe as of right now 7 Big Ten teams are completely locked into the tournament. It just comes down to Iowa IIRC. They're all sorts of bubblicious right now

Lol. Alright you got me there. That post was done without much thought process after a long night of studying for a midterm. I believe as of right now 7 Big Ten teams are completely locked into the tournament. It just comes down to Iowa IIRC. They're all sorts of bubblicious right now

The 7 that are locks are Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Illinois, and Minnesota. There is a chance that with a couple B1G tournament wins Iowa could also work themselves into the tournament so you are right with probably 8 teams being the max that will get in unless a way under the radar team like Purdue, Nebraska, Northwestern, or Penn State somehow wins the B1G tournament.

Yes, they are a premier conference for Child Abuse(Penn State)put on suspension, Booster abuse(Ohio State)last year bowl ineligible, and Academic Abuse(Minn.) vacated final four and numerous records. I would be real proud to be associated with that conference.

When is the last time Minnesota beat NDSU in football? Oh wait, no more embarasment like that, can't play FCS schools, so they are now going to play patsies like mountain west and WAC schools. Premiere Conference they are.

Yes, it is too bad that all scandals have been relegated to the B1G. No academic scandals or booster abuse in the Big 12, ACC, SEC, Pac12, etc. I guess Auburn, USC, FSU, SMU, Miami and Oregon (just off the top of my head) are all clean as a whistle.

If you don't consider the B1G as one of the premier conferences, I'd love to see your list.

Yes, it is too bad that all scandals have been relegated to the B1G. No academic scandals or booster abuse in the Big 12, ACC, SEC, Pac12, etc.

If you don't consider the B1G as one of the premier conferences, I'd love to see your list.

I'd love to see that list too......under the correct topic!!!!

Thanks, couldn't find that anywhere. Don't believe the top 6 seeds will be at the X. If they all do, (and Denver wins today), it will be Sioux/Pios on Thursday night.

I would be surprised if the top six seeds all make it to St. Paul. With the exception of the UAA, BSU, and MTU, the rest of the teams have shown an ability to beat, or not beat, anyone.

DU up 3-0 after one. If you're right, it would be as follows (higher seed/last change listed first):

Wisco/ Mankato Thursday afternoon

Sioux/Denver Thursday night

St Cloud/lowest remaining seed Friday afternoon

MN/highest remaining seed Friday night

This is what I see happening. Probably wrong as usual! :crazy:

SCSU beats UAA (Funny how both teams seasons depends on this weekend)

Minnesota over BSU

UND over Tech

Minnesota State vs. Duluth......ohhh boy....well....since they are at home....State

Wisconsin over CC

Denver over Omaha.....Omaha not playing good hockey.

Thursday games:

MSU-Bucky

UND-Denver

UND and Denver on a Thursday night in downtown St. Paul.....be fun to watch.....If Wisconsin doesn't put everyone to sleep on Thursday afternoon.

This is what I see happening. Probably wrong as usual! :crazy:

SCSU beats UAA (Funny how both teams seasons depends on this weekend)

Minnesota over BSU

UND over Tech

Minnesota State vs. Duluth......ohhh boy....well....since they are at home....State

Wisconsin over CC

Denver over Omaha.....Omaha not playing good hockey.

Thursday games:

MSU-Bucky

UND-Denver

UND and Denver on a Thursday night in downtown St. Paul.....be fun to watch.....If Wisconsin doesn't put everyone to sleep on Thursday afternoon.

After this weekend, I would be very interested in watching MSU vs WI and would cheer on MSU. Other than Chase Grant (#21 is an after the whistle hack) it would be interesting to see if MSU can get WI on the run.

DU up 3-0 after one. If you're right, it would be as follows (higher seed/last change listed first):

Wisco/ Mankato Thursday afternoon

Sioux/Denver Thursday night

St Cloud/lowest remaining seed Friday afternoon

MN/highest remaining seed Friday night

I don't believe the tournament is reseeded. So SCSU would get the Kato-Bucky winner, and Minnesota the Denver-UND winner.