SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

That's a great straw man that you've set up for yourself to rail against. I'm sure there are a TON of UND fans that don't care about winning national titles. :silly:

The real thing I would watch out for is people like you that crap on any accomplishment that isn't an NCAA tournament title. Sometimes, I'm afraid to mention anything positive about UND hockey's accomplishments, so who needs to watch out for whom?

In fact, I think I was the only person that even made a case for UND as the best program in the country and brought up the positives about our program. Most people are probably afraid to even mention it because you and fightingsioux4life will jump on them, because "It's not a NATIONAL TITLE :crazy: !!!1"

Now, what were you saying about all these imaginary people that don't care about winning national titles?

You shouldn't make crap up to make a point, Mr. "passit_offthegoalie". I have never said that any accomplishments besides NCAA titles are worthless. I go to the Final Five every year and it's a big deal every time we win it because there is so much talent there every year. It's also a bonus to shut up and tick off all the Rodent fan faithful, who always act like it's the GIT (Gopher Invitational Tournament). The point I have always stuck with is that NCAA titles have become less of a priority for a good chunk of the fan base over the past 10 years or so. It used to be a major point of emphasis; now, the general attitude is "well, it would be nice to win one again, but if we don't, oh well, it's not that big of a deal". And if you think that is setting too high of a standard, then I guess Cary Eades should learn to be more "realistic" and "sensible" in expectations for a program and what makes a program truly "great".

If that's what you think, you are entitled to it. But I guess I am just too old-school to think anything different.

• Upvote 1

Tech gets breakaway beauty of goal to go up 3-0 on Michigan. Guy celebrates skating by Mich bench and player from bench shoves/punches player celebrating. Lit bit extra shoving, but in the end the only Mich guy ends up with only a 2 for roughing. Shouldn't a player doing something from on bench be a 10 at least?

I can't believe UMD got beat by Maine and then crushed by FSU. I thought they had started to turn things around...

Cool to see MTU crush Michigan like that. Is Michigan's NCAA streak going to end this year??

Ex-Sioux Mike Cichy had the lone WMU goal today against MSU.

UMN beats AF 4-0.

I can't believe UMD got beat by Maine and then crushed by FSU. I thought they had started to turn things around...

Cool to see MTU crush Michigan like that. Is Michigan's NCAA streak going to end this year??

Ex-Sioux Mike Cichy had the lone WMU goal today against MSU.

UMN beats AF 4-0.

I always thought cichy would be a solid player but sometimes things just don't work out I guess. Andy Murray has done a nice job with wm