SiouxSports.com Forum

ND picked 4th

Fetch

Thanks for posting.....but who really cares about pre-season rankings?

I, for one, appreciate seeing something to talk about other than team suspensions, MIPs and alcohol poisioning.

Kind of a rude response. I thank you, fetch, for giving us something to look forward to! DROP THE PUCK!

• Upvote 1

Good not to have the #1 hanging on your back to start the season. I think it really shows the depth and skill the Gophs and Sioux have to be ranked so highly with unproven goaltending.

I would say Clarke Saunders is at least somewhat proven at the NCAA level, the WCHA is a whole different animal however.

Thanks for posting.....but who really cares about pre-season rankings?

Exactly. I just got around to reading the MBL Preview issue of Sports Illustrated. Baltimore Orioles predicted for another 100 loss season. Predictions and pre-season polls are fun to look at after the fact. Wasn't Notre Dame a pre-season Frozen Four pick last season?

The only thing more worthless than pre-season polls for teams are pre-season All-Conference or pre-season All-American picks (in any sport).

• Upvote 2

5 NCHC teams in top 12 and no future WCHA teams in top 15. Just an observation.

LOL...well let's be reasonable...if you took the Yankees, Rays, Orioles, Tigers, White Sox, Rangers, White Sox and Angels away from the American League right now, you'd be left with a bunch of scrubs too.