SiouxSports.com Forum

Summit League Changes Names......Of Their Member Schools

UNDvince97-01

This is hilarious: http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/245445/group/Sports/

Apparently the conference and its membership are embarrassed by a few names of some schools, so they felt a name change was necessary.

"Fargo"......"Brookings"....."Vermilion".....

Love the Big Sky. :D

Makes it sound like a minor league baseball league. Yes, thankful we are in the Big Sky .

More proof that the Summit is a joke. And please Bison fans, don't bring up that whole "But our Men's Basketball RPI Ranking is better" argument. Your conference is a way-station for schools that don't have any place else to go. I would do whatever I could to get into the MVC in all sports; that would be a great boost for all of your teams.

And bigger also can be better, league officials say. With the exception of USD, SDSU and Western Illinois, schools in the league are located in major metropolitan areas of 200,000 or more people. Kansas City is the only D-I athletics program in a 40-mile radius.

So 200,000 constitutes a major metropolitan area? Who thinks of Fargo or Sioux Falls as major metropolitan areas?

And kudos to UMKC for being a whopping 40 miles from the next closest DI school. They have reached the big time for sure......................

So 200,000 constitutes a major metropolitan area? Who thinks of Fargo or Sioux Falls as major metropolitan areas?

And kudos to UMKC for being a whopping 40 miles from the next closest DI school. They have reached the big time for sure......................

Just ask any Imperial Cass County Bison fan. They'll tell you. They have all the answers, remember? :silly:

Don't bring down the Big Sky like that by adding NDSU.

Actually I would like it if NDSU was in the BSC. If NDSU had a choice all sports membership in the BSC or staying in the SL...would they stay where they are? I think NDSU wouldn't mind a basketball invite but I think their baseball team would have to stay put. It would be nice if NDSU was in the BSC for football but that won't happen. Oh and as for the name change.....FU it is. :D

Someone with a nickname

Oh. That stings. That hurts so badly. Or not.

Hey, this team this week on NDSU's schedule, do they also have an 80-game losing streak in their history like PVA&M?

Now to point, what would be worse:

Losing the "Bison" name to NCAA zealots or being forced back to "North Dakota Agricultural College" by the Summit League?

There's the better comparison.

• Upvote 1