SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Have the GB Packers themed Monopoly game. Used a couple of these pics in the "Go to jail" box on the board. My girls are learning crime doesn't pay!

I was thinking more like Bingo.

Just got back from the CSU/NDSU game. CSU is in transition with a new coach. But, NDSU did look impressive.

However, I *could* hear the ankle bracelets beeping from the other side of the field... :lol:

However, I *could* hear the ankle bracelets beeping from the other side of the field... :lol:

Of those charged at NDSU two are starting CBs and two are backup DBs. Tonight NDSU lost their starting SS to an ACL (season).*

Given that development, there won't be "suspensions" unless a judge "applies" them in court on October 2. Coincidentally, that's NDSU Homecoming Week.

*Wishes for a complete recovery to the lad. No one needs to suffer through life with a bad knee.

Funniest part of the night was when I was driving back from Grand Forks after the game listening to a national college football radio show. They are announcing some scores and they announce Sac. St over Colorado and mention Sac. St is an FCS program. Next they announce NDSU over CSU and follow the score up with "North Dakota St. playing this game using 9 players who were charged in a voter fraud case in North Dakota earlier this week." I about spit Mountain Dew all over my windshield. This is going to follow that program nationally for a long time.

• Upvote 1

According to a poster on bisonville, one of their starting linebackers was charged with a minor last week. He started tonight, but apparently will sit next week against Prairie View. So in all, the Bison had 10 players who've been charged with misdemeanors this week and none of them were suspended. That's 10% of the roster. Bohl,Taylor,and that entire program has zero integrity whatsoever.

• Upvote 3

Gene Taylor said tonight that there will be no suspensions now or later. The case is closed. They could field a pretty good team with the players that should be suspended or kicked off the team. This has to be an almost all time low for the NDSU program. I agree with you. Bohl and Taylor have really lost the respect of a lot of people. No integrity is right. This story will never go away. It will follow them forever.

So 10 current players can be charged with Class A misdemeanors, mess up the whole political process in North Dakota, and Taylor say these players can been through "enough" without ever seeing the court of law. Wow. Unbelieveable. Guess Taylor is their jury, not the laws and legal process of ND. Could Taylor be less principled, unconcerned with cheating and lawbreaking? If these players had been non-athlete students and cheated on a test at NDSU, they would have been suspended or kicked out of school. But cheating on legal documents that affect the ND political process is perfectly fine.

“There are not going to be any suspensions,” Taylor emphatically said after the game. “These kids don’t deserve a suspension. I’m not going to suspend them and neither is Craig (head coach Craig Bohl). As far as we are concerned, it is over.”

This statement was made with NDSU President Dean Bresciani standing only a few feet away. Bresciani said he did not want to comment, saying he does not comment on inner-department matters.

“What’s going to happen in court, in my opinion, is going to be a lot less than what people think,” Taylor said. “At the end of the day, these kids have been through enough.”

“It’s over,” Taylor reiterated. “They felt horrible, they felt horrible. Every day, their pictures are in the paper, day after day after day. It gets and old and it does get to them.

“They were villified many times over and to come out and perform like they did, it’s hats off to them. I’m tired of talking about it and I’m tired of seeing it in the paper. People need to move on because it’s not changing.”

Taylor is the one that needs to move on out of the state of North Dakota.

http://www.inforum.c...1/group/Sports/

Tragic comedy from the same article:

“He (Bohl) told us there is a lot of hating on you right now,” Lund said. “It’s really the first time I’ve seen him so emotional.

“There was the thorn in the side, some salt in the wound. There were a lot of people kind of doubting us and kind of bad-mouthing us for a couple of players who decided to do a criminal activity.”

Gene Taylor said tonight that there will be no suspensions now or later. The case is closed. They could field a pretty good team with the players that should be suspended or kicked off the team. This has to be an almost all time low for the NDSU program. I agree with you. Bohl and Taylor have really lost the respect of a lot of people. No integrity is right. This story will never go away. It will follow them forever.

I get the sense that GT in his lawlessness has trumped anything Bohl might have wanted to hand out/down to those involved. Not clearing Bohl in this by any means, but I'm getting the impression Gene "The Tool" Taylor is at the rutter of this lost ship at sea. He used the term "vilified" as how the players have been portrayed! :silly: During the presser, President Deano stood next to "the Tool" without comment as he doesn't comment on intra-department issues?!?!? :hypocrite:

I know they teach a class on bull castration at the AC, just suprised they used GT, Deano and the head coach as live examples on how to do it!!!

If you're a fan of NDSU how does one explain this lack of accountability on any level?? Truly pathetic...but hey you beat another FBS team so "Bully" for you. And BTW, I'm sure Costco will be looking for security personal when they start hiring, any chance a few SU FB players will be applying?

• Upvote 2

“He (Bohl) told us there is a lot of hating on you right now,” Lund said. “It’s really the first time I’ve seen him so emotional.

“There was the thorn in the side, some salt in the wound. There were a lot of people kind of doubting us and kind of bad-mouthing us for a couple of players who decided to do a criminal activity.”

Is this kid serious? Its good to know that in the NDSU program it is ok for players to come in as kids and leave as charged criminals and it is perfectly ok according to their coaches and their AD.

• Upvote 1

If somebody else mentioned this here, my apologies.

But, how and why did those players get those jobs. That might be innocent enough, the way the job situation in North Dakota is right now.

But, what if they were given those jobs because of their high profile in the community. Their minor celebrity status in Fargo as members of the football team? What if that company hired them on that basis alone, thinking that their faces would help the petition drive? What if the players were aware of their hiring due to their minor celebrity status as NDSU football players in Fargo? Is that an NCAA violation just by itself, not to mention their criminal activity in forging signatures?

Just throwing this out there. We need us some lawyers to respond! :)

Funniest part of the night was when I was driving back from Grand Forks after the game listening to a national college football radio show. They are announcing some scores and they announce Sac. St over Colorado and mention Sac. St is an FCS program. Next they announce NDSU over CSU and follow the score up with "North Dakota St. playing this game using 9 players who were charged in a voter fraud case in North Dakota earlier this week." I about spit Mountain Dew all over my windshield. This is going to follow that program nationally for a long time.

That is funny.

I went to that game yesterday in Fort Collins. I took a CSU graduate friend of mine with me. This may be off subject, but she was so impressed with the NDSU fanbase. About 6000 or so of their fans were there. They knew when to make noise in the endzone, which disrupted the CSU team in their homefield. They knew when to be quiet for their offense to do their work. They were respectful of the CSU fans and we had fun talking with many of them. (Even with my CSU shirt and Sioux hat on!) The CSU fans I talked to couldn't have been more impressed with the NDSU folks.

I know that UND and NDSU fans rip on each other. But, honestly, I would hate to see the actions of NDSU's athletic department and the football teams coaching staff ruin what they have in Fargo. Their fans, or course, were supportive of the team. But, they were concerned with what was going on with this issue, and some confided with me about other issues surrounding the team. I know that these athletic programs all have their problems to deal with, but it seems that NDSU is heading down a path that could really put theirs in major trouble in the near future. Oh, it looks good on the field. But, off the field there are some major issues that need to be addressed.

So 10 current players can be charged with Class A misdemeanors, mess up the whole political process in North Dakota, and Taylor say these players can been through "enough" without ever seeing the court of law. Wow. Unbelieveable. Guess Taylor is their jury, not the laws and legal process of ND. Could Taylor be less principled, unconcerned with cheating and lawbreaking? If these players had been non-athlete students and cheated on a test at NDSU, they would have been suspended or kicked out of school. But cheating on legal documents that affect the ND political process is perfectly fine.

Taylor is the one that needs to move on out of the state of North Dakota.

http://www.inforum.c...1/group/Sports/

I am very surprised by this - will Kolpack be the only report allowed in the bunker at the Fargo Dome this year.

That is funny.

I went to that game yesterday in Fort Collins. I took a CSU graduate friend of mine with me. This may be off subject, but she was so impressed with the NDSU fanbase. About 6000 or so of their fans were there. They knew when to make noise in the endzone, which disrupted the CSU team in their homefield. They knew when to be quiet for their offense to do their work. They were respectful of the CSU fans and we had fun talking with many of them. (Even with my CSU shirt and Sioux hat on!) The CSU fans I talked to couldn't have been more impressed with the NDSU folks.

I know that UND and NDSU fans rip on each other. But, honestly, I would hate to see the actions of NDSU's athletic department and the football teams coaching staff ruin what they have in Fargo. Their fans, or course, were supportive of the team. But, they were concerned with what was going on with this issue, and some confided with me about other issues surrounding the team. I know that these athletic programs all have their problems to deal with, but it seems that NDSU is heading down a path that could really put theirs in major trouble in the near future. Oh, it looks good on the field. But, off the field there are some major issues that need to be addressed.

So 6000 fans make it all the way to Colorado and the Sioux can only muster up 9000 at home? What is wrong with this picture?

So 6000 fans make it all the way to Colorado and the Sioux can only muster up 9000 at home? What is wrong with this picture?

That's easy. UND Football is the number 2 on our campus/city, NDSU football is the number 1 on their campus/city. Also, UND football is 5 years behind NDSU football. It will come...just have to have patience, and the team has to WIN. A win against SDSU next week will go a long way.

The way this story was handled by NDSU coaches and administrators has got to go down as one of the most botched handlings of a legal situation concerning a sports team at any school. This is and will continue to be a PR nightmare.

I would have to agree that it was handled very poorly, it is very clear at NDSU winning is the ONLY thing.

I have to admit, that doesn't look good, does it?

I'll go to Greeley this November. I expect there will be about 1000 or so UND fans there. Many living in this area.

NDSU travels well. No doubt about it.

I would have to agree that it was handled very poorly, it is very clear at NDSU winning is the ONLY thing.

I think the NCAA should be sending a watchdog into the area to see how things are handled, like talk to the AG, GT, and Craig Bohl in person. Pretty soon the NCAA will say enough is enough. If GT is thinking of being an AD in the FBS...this PR will look good on his resume.

The way this story was handled by NDSU coaches and administrators has got to go down as one of the most botched handlings of a legal situation concerning a sports team at any school. This is and will continue to be a PR nightmare.

I agree. Bohl should of suspended all involved for the CSU game and this thing would of cooled down and he would of been ahead of the situation.. Now like you said it will haunt them for some time.

That's easy. UND Football is the number 2 on our campus/city, NDSU football is the number 1 on their campus/city. Also, UND football is 5 years behind NDSU football. It will come...just have to have patience, and the team has to WIN. A win against SDSU next week will go a long way.

Yeah but first Big Sky game ever and basically nothing else going on in town. That place should of been packed.
  • Upvote 1

I agree. Bohl should of suspended all involved for the CSU game and this thing would of cooled down and he would of been ahead of the situation.. Now like you said it will haunt them for some time.

No, they should have suspended them for the first game after hearing about it, which would have been vs. Robert Morris. Then there would have been a great deal less scrutiny within the media, especially so soon after BJ's alleged incident. NDSU would have still had the full roster for the big CSU game. They chose to do nothing, except for maybe running some extra laps or making them skip a water break at practice or whatever else was their internal punishment.

But they've been hated on and vilified? And to top it off, another starter was charged with an alcohol offense, and played last night. Interesting when considering the comments regarding petition-gate not being "alcohol or sexual" offenses as the reason not to suspend the involved players.

This is more similar to the days of Rocky than people realize.

• Upvote 1

No, they should have suspended them for the first game after hearing about it, which would have been vs. Robert Morris. Then there would have been a great deal less scrutiny within the media, especially so soon after BJ's alleged incident. NDSU would have still had the full roster for the big CSU game. They chose to do nothing, except for maybe running some extra laps or making them skip a water break at practice or whatever else was their internal punishment.

But they've been hated on and vilified? And to top it off, another starter was charged with an alcohol offense, and played last night. Interesting when considering the comments regarding petition-gate not being "alcohol or sexual" offenses as the reason not to suspend the involved players.

This is more similar to the days of Rocky than people realize.

I agree with your Rocky comment. Bohls reputation has taken a huge hit and it's because of his own doing or lack of. My nephew is the backup QB for the Bison and he thinks the world of Bohl and I thought he was a pretty upstanding guy too but this whole situation has made me step back and obviously take a second look. Like you said this could of been nipped in the bud 2 weeks ago.