SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 2: Potato Bowl 2012 - UND vs. Portland State

UND-FB-FAN

shouldn't be surprised to see fewer student tickets, most student-level jobs require weekend work. Looks like there with still be more than 1500 student tickets 'sold', getting close to a student sellout, which is solid.

expecting a close game. Not going to predict a winner because i don't feel particularly confident either way. I'll call it a tossup

http://bisonmedia.ar...pick-em-week-2/

Not much faith from Jeff and Dom.

http://siouxfb.areav...-state-vikings/

Our guys are picking us 27-17

I doubt either of them would have picked UND even with a healthy Hanson.

I'm actually a bit surprised by Izzo. He seems pretty in tune with FCS. Can't fault him for picking either way, as right now I give UND the edge mostly because they are at home.

Kolpack is clueless about FCS football. If it doesn't take place in Fargo, he has no idea what is going on..........................

• Upvote 1

shouldn't be surprised to see fewer student tickets, most student-level jobs require weekend work. Looks like there with still be more than 1500 student tickets 'sold', getting close to a student sellout, which is solid.

expecting a close game. Not going to predict a winner because i don't feel particularly confident either way. I'll call it a tossup

One thing to realize about the 1500 students you will get, most of them will be those that are actually interested in the game and willing to make the noise. You'll get those seated down by the sidelines willing to heckle, willing to make noise, and willing to put doubt into the opposing team. Those 1500 will be the loudest of the students, and hopefully they will motivate the season ticket holders and other general admission to make noise as well. Last week I was truly disappointed in the large number of absences present in the season ticket holder sections on the UND sidelines. Please criticize them before criticizing the large number of students that showed up to support the team against an inferior opponent last week.

mg2009, I'm not saying you're criticizing, that is more of a general statement to other posters that have been negative/critical towards the student section in the past. I agree with just about everything you say in your post except I'm predicting a UND win.

• Upvote 1

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but you might want to set the DVR to record the Army v. San Diego St. game at 6:30 p.m. tonight on Midco channel 69 (NBCSP). You'll get an early look at our week 3 opponent, San Diego St. Some of the stuff I've read from San Diego St. fans is that their coach tried some of that "no punt; go for it on fourth" stuff that he was toying with in the pre-season, and, according to SDSU fans, it might have cost them a closer game or even a bit of an upset v. Washington.