SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs South Dakota Mines

Cratter

UND had over 650 yards of offense. I wish they could do that in every game. Running game looked good, passing game looked good. I think our offense will be a lot better than last year, and I know PSU is different than Mines but this team is headed in the right direction. Anyone get a number of attendance?

Tailgating was ok. The new "tailgating village" sucked IMO. why pay for food when rhombus, blue moose and some hot dog place were giving away free food lol... thats where the party was as far as i could tell.

i was in teh tent eating the free pork

Your not going to get many people to pay for food while tailgating. thats just it

Radio guys are saying Hanson will probably be out a couple of weeks but nothing serious.

Yeah, that still really sucks though. In a meaningless game, we lose a player who looked absolutely terrific to start the game. With Hendrickson starting the next couple of games, it will be really tough to get a win. This really does stink. Hopefully Hendrickson can make some good throws against Portland St. and still get us the win but the San Diego State game looks really bleak now, if it didn't before.

Radio guys are saying Hanson will probably be out a couple of weeks but nothing serious.

Just back from the game. UND looked decent but SDSoM looked horrid. Hard to gauge much from the game. The Student section was great for the first quarter and a half. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come with their attendance and participation. From my perspective, there seemed to more fans on the student section side than on the home team side.

Stinks to see Hanson go down in a game like this. Hopefully the initial reports are accurate and he only misses a couple of games. More importantly, what does the coaching staff do with the qb situation now? Do they pull a red shirt for a back up to Hendrickson? Tough situation to be in. Could sure use Bradley right about now...

i was told this morning that the student ticket allotment was not sold out, and i have a ticket for the normal student section. I can't imagine that 3,000 students are going to show up. Hell I'm not sure I would believe that 3,000 students actually know about the game.

There was all of 3000 students there. 2 full sections to the top plus another top half and a quarter of the bands section.

Just back from the game. UND looked decent but SDSoM looked horrid. Hard to gauge much from the game. The Student section was great for the first quarter and a half. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come with their attendance and participation. From my perspective, there seemed to more fans on the student section side than on the home team side.

Stinks to see Hanson go down in a game like this. Hopefully the initial reports are accurate and he only misses a couple of games. More importantly, what does the coaching staff do with the qb situation now? Do they pull a red shirt for a back up to Hendrickson? Tough situation to be in. Could sure use Bradley right about now...

I wouldn't read anything into this game. SDSoM&T is horrible. They have been for years. A new coach isn't going to change that over a few practices. Sucks about Hanson! Damn!

I wouldn't read anything into this game. SDSoM&T is horrible. They have been for years. A new coach isn't going to change that over a few practices. Sucks about Hanson! Damn!

I thought that's what I said.

So whose redshirt does UND pull? Best case scenario is that Hanson only misses 2-3 games. We need a back up to Hendrickson, so what does the coaching staff do?

Anybody that thinks the season is lost because of what happened to Hanson can just get off the bandwagon right now. This team is deeper and more athletic than they have ever been and they have great depth at RB and WR. The defense is looking to be a strength of the team once again. And if they have to pull a redshirt off of a QB, so what? It won't ruin the program. If this team can get better week by week, we'll have a solid first year in the Big Sky Conference, and that isn't all that bad considering how we looked a couple of years ago. Keep the faith!

• Upvote 1

Anybody that thinks the season is lost because of what happened to Hanson can just get off the bandwagon right now. This team is deeper and more athletic than they have ever been and they have great depth at RB and WR. The defense is looking to be a strength of the team once again. And if they have to pull a redshirt off of a QB, so what? It won't ruin the program. If this team can get better week by week, we'll have a solid first year in the Big Sky Conference, and that isn't all that bad considering how we looked a couple of years ago. Keep the faith!

As long as our defense and our running game is solid we can get away without throwing for 200+ yards. I remember Nebraska racking up 400+ yards on the ground back in the day. You can survive on a running game but your defense better not make it a shootout.

I never said anything about the season being over. The reality is, the coaching staff is in a tough spot now. I would hate to see a redshirt pulled on either Mollberg or Bartles just so they can be a back up for 2-3 weeks. We have no one else to back up Hendrickson other than true frosh. My initial thought is they pull the redshirt for either Bartles or Jake Hanson and hope that Hendrickson stays healthy.

I never said anything about the season being over. The reality is, the coaching staff is in a tough spot now. I would hate to see a redshirt pulled on either Mollberg or Bartles just so they can be a back up for 2-3 weeks. We have no one else to back up Hendrickson other than true frosh. My initial thought is they pull the redshirt for either Bartles or Jake Hanson and hope that Hendrickson stays healthy.

Since Mollberg is the QB of the future and if they plan on starting him next year...I would do what you said.

This was posted on AGS (anygivensaturday.com) from Ginsbach:

ESPN3 announcer just made a comment about how the Big Sky was so tough because the past two FCS champions coming from that conference. The one who made that claim said "North Dakota" and the other corrected him with "North Dakota State."

What they are mixing up UND and NDSU again.