SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

Are you getting confused because the SFI insider guys have put up 7 profiles of commits since signing day? They weren't able to get the profiles of all the players up before NLI day, especially since there were a lot of very late committments. They are still in catch-up mode from the late rush with information on the new guys.

Ahhh.....that actually makes sense as to where his confusion lies.

I know the previous staff had recruited Brandon Hines from Homestead but the new staff never followed up with him, for whatever reason.

Hines is a weird situation, he had some early offers but it appears they must have been pulled because he didn't have anyone to sign with on Feb 5th. He looks like a good player, there must be something else going on. I do see he is visiting NDSU in a couple weeks. Like I said, strange deal.

Some rather interesting comments from Ezra Szczyrbak on the recruiting process and the way NDSU handled it:

While Gordon’s decommit from UNI and eventual signing with Eastern Michigan was rather uneventful, Szczyrbak’s recruiting process had some drama due to unwanted pressure from NDSU that rubbed the 250-pound star the wrong way.

“NDSU was telling me I needed to commit the weekend of my visit or risk having my scholarship taken by another recruit, so I guess the verbal was kind of a rushed decision,” said the Mr. Football finalist, who will play defensive end for the Panthers.

“Then I wanted to visit North Dakota the weekend following my commitment, and the Bison didn’t want me to go. That really took me by surprise, and got the feeling that NDSU wasn’t going to be the right fit. After the weekend in Grand Forks, I called and de-committed and actually told the coaches at NDSU I was no longer considering them as an option for my future.”

Classy recruiting style down there, force the kid to commit on the spot or he loses his scholarship. That is about as bush league as it gets. Not saying they are the only one's in the country that do it but there is no need to force a kid to commit on the visit. Let him go home and regroup with his parents/coach then call back.

Also, I thought they "pulled his scholarship"? :silly:

http://www.northstarfootballnews.com/news_article/show/350557?referrer_id=877078

Some rather interesting comments from Ezra Szczyrbak on the recruiting process and the way NDSU handled it:

Classy recruiting style down there, force the kid to commit on the spot or he loses his scholarship. That is about as bush league as it gets. Not saying they are the only one's in the country that do it but there is no need to force a kid to commit on the visit. Let him go home and regroup with his parents/coach then call back.

Also, I thought they "pulled his scholarship"? :silly:

http://www.northstar...errer_id=877078

Forced to commit? How do you do that? I don't think you can compare your recruiting since going DI to our's in any way possible. The results speak for themselves. All recruits are told where they stand as scholarships go, as we usually don't hold them to the last day.

Forced to commit? How do you do that? I don't think you can compare your recruiting since going DI to our's in any way possible. The results speak for themselves. All recruits are told where they stand as scholarships go, as we usually don't hold them to the last day.

I would say that a quote directly from a player "Speaks for itself."
  • Upvote 2

I would direct your questions towards the recruit who went through the experience with your staff. Are you saying he is making the story up?

I would direct your questions towards the recruit who went through the experience with your staff. Are you saying he is making the story up?

Of course he is. The kids a huge diva. That's why teh bysons pulled out. They want humble high character guys not me first players like Schyzerbdachk. He's lucky they even gave him a sniff let alone offered him a $75 scholarship. The kid couldn't handle the pressure and responsibility that come with being a bysuns.

Hold them to the last day or til the end of the recruiting visit? Apparently, your coaches try and strong-arm players into committing immediately or they threaten them with giving their scholarship away.

Of course he is. The kids a huge diva. That's why teh bysons pulled out. They want humble high character guys not me first players like Schyzerbdachk. He's lucky they even gave him a sniff let alone offered him a $75 scholarship. The kid couldn't handle the pressure and responsibility that come with being a bysuns.

We want players committed to excellence in the classroom and field, that stay all summer and workout and want a shot at a NC. Lot's of kids don't want to make that kind of commitment at our level. You saw that when Muss was fired when you lost some kids.

Hold them to the last day or til the end of the recruiting visit? Apparently, your coaches try and strong-arm players into committing immediately or they threaten them with giving their scholarship away.

It's not their scholarship until they accept it! An offer doesn't guarantee anything. You really think that most all schools don't tell a recruits that the scholarship is their's but if they get committments from some other offers in their position that it may not be there? What world do you live in?

We want players committed to excellence in the classroom and field, that stay all summer and workout and want a shot at a NC.

Bison Dunce, since when is this something NDSU considers when recruiting kids? Is this a new shift in philosophy of some sort? I was never aware of this. If so, congratulations to you guys.

• Upvote 1

The next time a Bison fan swears they got everyone they wanted, I guess we all know now that that statement is a bunch of BS. The way they recruit will come back to bite them more and more often in the future. I think NDSU should be a little more worried about the continual police blotters in the newspaper of their players getting in trouble and never having any consequences. Excellence in the classroom and Bison athletes just doesn't go together.

Klieman and his staff are apparently irrational and arrogant.

Bubba and his staff have the work ethic, sincerity, and passion that will eventually allow UND to retake the state of North Dakota in the near future.

Enjoy the repossession campaign over the next 3 to 5 years.

The Ag bizon can't always be on top and they're really gonna end up missing Bohl, IMO.